Part nine ♥

Stars can't fall in love ( Yang Seungho / Lee Joon fanfic )

 

(Hannah's view)

"Laurennn~" I called into the stall. "Are you done yet." I didn't hear a reply just the flushing of the toilet. She opens the door and with little steps she walks toward the sink and tip toes to reach it. I come over and scoop her up helping her wash her hands. We walk silently hand in hand down the hall back toward the waiting room Seungho was in. 

"I hear the ice cream man!" I said getting more excited than the six year old beside me."Lauren, do you want ice cream?" I stop walking and look down at her. She nods hugging her bunny closer. I smile at her and we walk out the building towards the Ice cream truck.

"Lauren, which one do you want?" She points at the strawberry ice cream in a shape of a bunny. 

"Can I have one of that?" I said to the ice cream man. "Which one would Leo and Dayoung like." I said to myself.

"Da-Dayoung likes the strawberry one too." I look at her surprised that she spoke. I kneel and talk to her, "What do you think Leo will like?" She observes the chart on the side of the truck and points at the super hero one with multiple colors.I nod and ask for the ice creams.

I helped her open the ice cream and watch her it happily. "Thank you." She said with a smile that lit up her whole face. I felt happy just looking at her. "Umhm." I held my hand out , she took it, and we went back into the building. I looked down at her again, she looked like a tiny doll. 

"Lauren, do you like Seungho appa? Is he nice to you?" 

She looks at me and stops her ice cream. "Seungho appa is very nice, very nice." I smile at her answer and open the door to the room and let her go in first. Seungho fell asleep with Dayoung in his lap about to drift to sleep. Lauren silently stood by me as I put my finger to my lips to signal her to be quiet. I tip toed over and got near to his face about to flick his fore head, but his hand grabbed onto my waist.

"You can't trick appa." He said opening his eyes and pulling me down to the seat next to him. I throw the ice cream at him and said "Here appa." I looked over at sleeping Dayoung and moved her head into a more comfortable position. "Lauren, come sit here with Unni." I said patting my lap. She runs over and stops in front of me. I smile and lift her up and into my lap. "Punch Seungho appa. He made me wait for so long. I'm angry!" I said to Lauren and she did as I told her. 

"Lauren! You can't hit appa. She is a meanie!" He said pushing her cheeks together as he made a sad face. 

"Lau-" Joon said as he walked in but then suddenly stopped when he looked over at me and then Seungho. He glared at Seungho and tugged my wrist. I set Lauren down and follow Joon silently. We walk into a private room with just a sofa and a table. 

"Sit." He said as he took the other seat across from the table.

"Joon. I didn't know that you would show up at the cafe." I started to explain. 

"I'm not mad anymore." He sighed and looked down at his shoes. "I don't know why when I look at you I have this uncontrollable urge to protect you and when I see you with Seungho I can't help it. When I look at you, it's like you're an angel, my very own angel. It feels like no matter what you say or do when you're by my side will make me happy. Even though I just saw you a couple hours before, I can't help but want to keep seeing you. When I look at you, I can't help but smile, my heart can't help but beat faster." He looked into my eyes, his own eyes aching with passion. "I hate him, because he has stolen everything from me. He captures the hearts of millions with his charms and he is perfect in every way. I understand why you picked him because after all I'm not even one-half of him. But why? Why can't he just let me have the one girl I want so badly?" His tears were on the brink of his eyes, his lips quivering as he said, "I'm not mad, I just wanted you to know. I'm not mad."

I sat there silent staring at the top of his head as he looked down at his shoes. I was speechless and my heart was pounding against my chest. After his touching words, I couldn't bring myself to tell him that I didn't feel anything that he said that he felt about me. 

"It's okay, I knew it would be this way." He said getting up from his chair and dragging his feet across the floor. I didn't stop him, I couldn't bring myself to keep his hopes up.