Part eighteen

Stars can't fall in love ( Yang Seungho / Lee Joon fanfic )

Before you guys start reading could you do me one favor and open this in a new tab, just listen to this while you read. This is my inspiration for this final chapter.

http://youtubeonrepeat.com/watch/?v=2xW5r1PcHCA

image

(Seungho’s view, Returning from Japan)

“Do you think she will like the flowers?” I said to Thunder as we browsed through the aisle of different shades of flowers.

“I don’t think she will care about the flowers after she sees the ring.” Thunder said playfully nudging me. “They say that the first time you see your wife in a wedding dress, you will cry because she looks like a goddess.”

“She already looks like a goddess.” I said cracking up at my reply. Thunder just stares at me as I died of laughter and shakes his head as he goes to the counter to pay for the flowers.

“Don’t do that when you ask her to marry you, or she will change her mind.” He starts laughing at his joke. I glare at him and he stops immediately. I smile at the thought of Hannah in a beautiful white dress.

I wonder if Hannah is worried about me? I haven’t called her since I got off the plane yesterday, usually I call her right away, hopefully she hasn’t gone crazy yet. Right after this I planned on visiting her work and surprising her with lunch. I walk out of the store as Thunder hands me the flowers.

“Good luck, Hyung.” He said patting my back and walking the other direction. I get into my car and set the flowers in the passenger seat. I smile down at them and seat belted them. “Fighting~!” I said as I put the keys into the engine and drove onto the road.

I parked across the street and from where I was standing I could see her sitting outside on her break. She was wearing a white dress with little pink flowers sprinkled across the hem. I snuck across the street careful to avoid her line of vision. I crouched and walked behind a bush that was two tables from her table.

“Han-” I was about to say when I heard Joon’s voice say, “You should just leave him.”

“I can’t, you know I want to.” Hannah replied, my heart froze.

“Women, why can’t you just be simple like me? Say what you want, do what you want.”

I dropped the bouquet and slid down onto the ground. I was right all along, she was in love with him. I stood up just enough to peek though the branches of the bushes. They were kissing, all the blood drained out of my body as I watched him get closer to her and her eyes closing. I stood up unable to watch anymore and ran back to my car. I was the third wheel, not Joon. This whole time, I thought she was being honest.  My phone rang in my pocket, I picked it up and answered.

“Yes manager?”

“You got promotions with Joon tonight. Remember to get ready before eight.”

“Mmhm.” I answered and started up the car.

 

image

(Joon's view, Meeting Hannah)

“You should just leave him.” I told her simply.

“I can’t, you know I want to.” 

“Women, why can’t you just be simple like me? Say what you want, do what you want."

"I wish someone could just watch him for me!"

"It's just your neighbor's dog, just leave him to someone else." 

"Oh really Mr-I-do-what-I-want, you must not regret anything in your life." She said mockingly. I laugh but deep inside I couldn't shake the feeling. 

"Yeah." I answered in the happiest tone I could manage. She noticed something was wrong, her eyes got bigger with concern. I slowly leaned in and closed my eyes. 

"Joon, I can't be with you. You know that. Please don't make this hard on me." She said looking down at her lap. We sat silently as I stared at her, how dense could she be?

"Wake up from your stupid dream, Hannah. He isn't your prince charming, I am! I'm the one who is always there for you, the one who has never hurt you, but why? Why do you always choose the one who hurts you the most?" I gently hold her delicate hands hoping she would finally see that I'm the guy she needs. 

"And I thank you for always being there for me, but this isn't right."

"Hannah, please. Stop hurting yourself and give me a chance." I place my hand under her chin and look at her tear stained cheeks. "Look at me." She looks into my eyes then looks down again. I brush her hair away from her face and kiss her cheek. 

"If you need anything, you know where to find me." I said leaving her alone. I get into my car and lay my head against the head rest trying to get my heart rate to slow down. I felt a pain my chest as if my heart was being wrenched out of my chest. 

"Ha, so this is what love is." I said to myself starting the engine and started driving home. My phone rang in my pocket. "Manager."

"Hello?"

"You have promotions with Seungho tonight, remember! Eight."

"Yeah, I'll be there." 

I hang up the phone fuming.

-----------------------------------------------------

image

 

 (Joon's view, At club for promotions with Seungho)

"You better watch out." I said to Seungho as we stepped into the club.

"I could say the same about you. I know what you did." He said glaring at me with full force. 

We head to the stage and silently stand next to the MC.

"Hey hey party people! Pay attention! We have Mblaq in the house tonight." I wave to the crowd listening to their screams. "Tonight we party with Mblaq! DJ turn the music back on." 

The MC shakes our hands and we talk to him for a bit before Seungho leaves and grabs a drink by the bar. 

 

image

 

I shake my head at him and reached into my pocket for my phone. “Hannah”

“Hello?” I said into the phone trying to hear what she was saying.

"He is in here somewhere. Come to the front and I will take you in." I said into the phone walking toward the entrance.

"Hannah." I said as I hugged her tightly and rushed her into the club before anyone could recognize me. "I saw him by the bar with some guys." I said leaning in close to her.

"Seungho is there!" She said pointing at a direction. I nodded and pointing to myself then the dance floor. To let her know where I would be if she changed her mind and realized her boyfriend is a jerk. I roamed around the dance floor swaying to beat but every now and again I would look over at her direction.  I stood ten feet away from her,watching her stand in the middle of the crowd not moving, I watched her stand lifelessly as people tried to walk around her. I looked over at Seungho who was with another girl. “Idiot.” I said to myself as I rushed over to Hannah’s side.

“Hannah! Hannah! Wait!” I screamed but she kept running faster until I lost her. I marched back to Seungho and grabbed his collar.

“You idiot. Do you know what you just did?” I punched him hard knocking him out of the chair. A crowd gathered around us as I rolled up my sleeves.

“No, care to explain?” he said standing back up and rubbing his mouth.

I pointed at the girl he was holding onto earlier and he rolled his eyes at me. “Joon, she thought I was her boyfriend.” I looked back at the girl who just nodded I turned back to get a fist full of Seungho’s hand.

image

 

I push myself off the wall and walk toward him. “BREAK IT UP. LET’S GO!” Manager said walking us out of the club. I glared at him and he was glaring back. My phone started ringing in my pocket, I reached for it and saw “Hannah” I glared at him again before answering the phone.

“Hello?”

“Joon oppa.” She said her voice weak

“Hannah?” I said into the phone.

“Hannah? Hannah!” I said yelling into the phone. I dropped the phone back in my pocket and called a taxi.

“What’s wrong?” Seungho said running after me and trying to get into the taxi. I push him and point my finger at him, “You don’t get to go.”

I got into the car and told the driver to take me to her house. I called her phone but despite how many times it would ring she did not pick up.

“Stop! Stop please.” I said when I saw a car at the intersection that was flipped, and it was the same type of car as Hannah’s. I threw some money back at the driver and slowly approached the car. The road was eerie and quiet no one was around the car, no one stopped to help this person. The ground was littered with glass and all I could see was a cell phone that was ringing. "Seungie" the screen read.

"Hannah?' I ran toward the car while dialing the ambulance number. I  found her face dripping with blood. She laid right beside the car curled in a fetal position.

"Hello, what is your emergency?"

"There was a car accident and someone is hurt please send someone to my location." I tell them the address as I try to lift her onto my back.  

"Help! Someone help!" I screamed at the cars passing by. 

"Is everything okay?" A man said, he had parked on the side of the road.

"Please take us to the hospital, I don't think she can wait for the ambulance." 

"Come." He said helping me carry her. I sit with her in the back seat of the man's car with my hands drenched in her blood. 

"Hannah, please don't die." My tears dripping down my face and onto her head that was on my lap. 

"She won't die, she can't when she knows her boyfriend is waiting for her." The man said looking at me in the rear view mirror. I silently acknowledge his words and hold her hands tightly.

"Take my life, not hers." I said to whoever was listening.

----------------------------------------------------------

(Seungho's view, At the hospital)  

"Is she okay?" 

"I don't know."

"What happened?" I said sitting down next to Joon.

"She saw you with another woman, that's what happened." Joon said growling at me.

"I told you, that she thought I was her boyfriend. She was drunk and touching me and I was telling her to stop. Why do you always think that I'm some kind of player? I told you before Joon, Lena was dating both of us at the same time, I wouldn't do that to you!" I looked at trying to get it into his thick skull that I never lied to him.

"She said you seduced her." 

"She also said that she was a teacher, she wasn't." 

"Forget it! That's not what we are talking about." Joon said gripping the plastic blue chairs tightly. I stare down at his hands, dry blood was condensing under his nails and staining his hands.

"You're the hypocrite for getting angry at me. I saw you, you don't have to hide it anymore. I know you're with Hannah." I said as my blood boiled under my skin at his crime.

He laughs at me and grabs the collar of my neck. The stench of Hannah's fresh blood rising to my nose. "Oh how I wish I was. She doesn't seem to get that you're the bad guy, not me."

"Stop playing games. I saw you kissing her." I said grabbing his shirt too.

"I never kissed her!" He said pushing me. I sit back up and get close to his face.

"I saw you with her at her work today! You ing kissed her, don't lie!" I said dragging him across the white hospital walls.

"You really thought that Hannah liked me? Ha. HA! You're even more oblivious than you seem.  I tried to kiss her, I did. She didn't kiss me back she even told me to get lost." He smirked at me.

I was silent trying to make sense of this situation.

"You know what I hate most about you? You don't cherish her. I tell Hannah that I love her, I show her I love her, I do everything for her all the time and in the end she still chooses you. What did you do? You ignore her, don't call her, "talk" to other girls, you don't deserve her. If you just called her when you got back from Japan this wouldn't have happened." 

"I was busy." I replied 

"With what? So busy you couldn't even call?" He looked at me with rage burning in his eyes.

"Busy buying her a wedding ring." I said letting myself tear up. 

"You-" He began but I cut him off.

"Yes, well it is too late now." I got up and walked down the hall praying to myself that Hannah would be okay. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

(Hannah's view, After getting out of the hospital ) 

"You sure?" Sharon asked me again.

"Seungho never belonged to me. It's time I let him go back to being a super star, and me.. a normal girl."

"After you delete the story Seungho and Joon won't remember you. Aren't you going to regret it?" She patted my hand watching me turn on my laptop. "What about all those memories of you and Seungho. Can't you keep those?" 

"Sharon, I just have to do it." I log into my account and click on the 'Delete story' button the 'Are you sure' dialog pops up.

"Last chance." Sharon said squeezing my hand. I look over at her and back at the couple bracelet on my wrist. I flash back to the moment in the car accident when I was set on ripping the bracelet off my wrist. Here I was, after the car accident and it was still on my wrist. Maybe this bracelet really does connect two people who are meant to be. 

"I have to do something." I said to Sharon as I gathered my purse and my keys and rushed out the door. 

-------------------------------------

"Hannah." Seungho said with that beautiful smile I once loved. 

"Can I come in?" I asked trying to be cold to him.Though I hated him with every inch of my body, I still loved him just as much. I kept asking myself as I stood in front of him that god would give me strength to let go. I wanted so badly to forgive him for the scandal in Japan and the girl at the club , but I couldn't bring myself to get over those lonely nights when he was gone. I kept repeating to myself that he isn't mine, he wasn't mean't to be mine. It was all a dream, this is all a spell I've casted over him. 

"Hannah I can explain." He started to say.

"Oppa, I'm not here because I want to hear your story. I just want to know one thing. Did you ever love anyone else while you were with me?" 

"Why would you ask that?"

"That girl in Japan."

"That rumor? You believe that rumor?" I didn't answer him, I stood there quietly listening to him sigh. 

"Hannah, are you afraid that I will fall in love with someone famous and forget about you because you're just some normal girl I just met in a elevator?" He leans and kisses me softly. "I love you, Hannah." I look into his eyes that were sprinked with tears. My heart softened and I reached up and touched his cheek. 

"Oppa.." I kissed him back with so much passion. I didn't want to leave him, but I know this would be our last kiss.

"If that is what you're worried about then I will tell everyone. Hannah, I promise that I will tell everyone about us." He held onto my hands as more tears came running down his cheeks. With his eyes he begged me not to leave him, but my mind was set.

"Seungho, It isn't about us anymore. It is about you. You're a star, stars and love don't go well together." I slipped my hand out of his and stepped back from him.

"I will give it all up for you!" He grabbed my shoulders and shook me as if trying to shake some sense into me.

"What about your members? What about how hard you have worked for this?" 

"Aren't you my dream now?" I shook my head and fought with myself. I cannot look at him.

"There will be consequences. Even if you can handle it, I can't. I can't handle the lonely nights, the distance, the hiding. I'm just a normal girl. Don't you understand? I can't be with you. I don't belong in your world."

"If that is how you feel then fine." He let go of my shoulder and I felt my heart sink. He was giving up on me. I avoid his eyes and look at the door. "Before you go, promise you'll still go see MBLAQ events." I nod and pick up my purse and walk toward the door.

"Hannah." He said my name one last time. I tried to memorize the sound of his voice saying my name. "Be happy." He leaned toward me with his lips almost touching mine. I held my breath waiting for his lips to touch mine. "See you." He whispered against my lips making my heart beat faster. 

"So this is how it is going to end?" He asked, I looked at his bottom lip quiver, I ran my finger along the edge of his bottom lip and slammed the door as I left his apartment. I ran down the stairs and to the front door. I stood there not catching my breath from all that running but trying to get the sad look on his face out of my mind. 

I typed my username and password on the website on my phone and clicked on the 'Delete story' button the 'Are you sure?' dialog popped up and I asked myself one more time if I wanted Seungho to forget me forever. 'Yes' I felt a tear that I've held in since I've gotten here slip down my cheek and burn my eyes.

Our relationship that lasted eight months was all gone in a matter of seconds. Just like this story, took me eight months to write but with two clicks it is all gone and never can be recovered again.

---------------------------------------------------------

(Four months later)

"No matter what happens today we will have fun!" Sharon said slinging her arm around my shoulder. I smiled at her, and looked around at the fan signs with Seungho's face on it. It still pained me to see his face and think of him, but I was dealing with it. 

We were lined up for the fan sign again and we were three people away from the members of MBLAQ. Sharon stepped forward and held onto my arm tightly. "It will be okay." I stood in silence, my heart beating faster at the memory of him kissing me on beach. I look down at the red bracelet on my hand and my heart ached again. I pulled down my sleeve covering the bracelet. 

"Hey, it's your turn." A nice girl behind me had said to me. I smiled to her and approached Thunder. He smiled at me and asked for my name only looking at me once. I smiled at the thought of the jokes he use to tell me when I was waiting for Seungho to be done changing. 

"Thank you." I said to him moving on to Mir who looked up at me with puppy eyes but at the same time with charisma.

"Hello." He signed my poster as I said hello back to him and wondered if he still had the comic book I had bought him last summer. I smiled and thanked him and went onto G.O. His eyes pierced into mine as he said hello. He still had that special charm that made you felt like you're the only girl in the room. 

I glanced over at Joon who was signing for Sharon. My heart began beating faster as my poster got slid over to Joon. "Hello." He said looking up at me with a confused look then looking down to sign my poster. "Thank you." He said sliding the poster to Seungho. I stared at him for bit looking at his new short hair  and the new earring he has sported. "I like your earring" I said ,"We once knew each other, you use to call me at night and tell me about your day." I added in my mind.

I spent months ignoring places where I would see his face, and once in a while one would pop up and I would have to start over again. I would have to relearn how to forget Seungho, and forget about all the things I loved about him. I thought I was ready, but as his face came into view I felt myself getting lost in his eyes. I fell in love, I remembered again. Four months of hard work, all down the drain for this one moment.

"Hello Seungho oppa." I said hoping he would recognized my voice. He smiled at the poster and looked up at me and frowned. "What's wrong?"

"Uh.." He trailed off still looking at me, studying my face. His eyes roaming around my features as if staring long enough would help him remember.

"Do you know me?"  I asked hopeful.

"Oh, no, I don't think so." He said scratching his head. I felt my heart breaking again, but I expected it. "Thank you." He said bowing his head as I walked off the stage. I looked back at him longing for him to say my name one more time. For him to just remember me for one second. 

"Did he remember you?" Sharon asked 

"No."

 

 

 

Comments please (:

I'd like to know what you think of the ending. Disappointing? Leaving you feeling empty? LOL.

Tell me your opinion and I'll think of making a happy ending if there are enough requests. 

Other than that, this is the end. Thank you my good friends for sticking around!

If you like my stories maybe you'll like my lee joon fanfic, "The games we play" 

Bye♥