Part fifteen ♥

Stars can't fall in love ( Yang Seungho / Lee Joon fanfic )

“Stop your lips.” Hannah said as we strolled through the market together.

“I can’t it is a habit.” I said trying to resist the urge to my bottom lip again. She ignored me and continued up the aisle. Pushing past the junk food and the baking essentials.

“How about this? Let’s buy them lots of good fruits.” She said observing the watermelon she had picked up. Honestly, my parents already loved her because of all the good things I’ve told them. The only thing I have to worry about is my mother talking too much.

I paid for the fruits and helped her put them in the car. We were about half an hour away from my parent’s house and I could tell she was nervous about meeting them.

“Seungho oppa?” She said turning her body toward me.

“Hm?”

“What if they don’t like me?” I sensed that she was genuinely worried. I placed my hand on her lap and smiled.

“If they don’t like you now, you’ll make them eventually like you, right?” I patted her leg and the radio. “You seem tired, I’ll wake you up when we get there.” She nods and rests her head on the window staring at the city lights passing by until she dozed off.

------------------------------------------------

“Umma! Appa! I’m home.” I took my shoes off and put them off to the side and took Hannah’s shoes off too. She carefully walked into the house and looked around with a tiny smile.

“You’re home?” My mother said peeking her head out from the kitchen. “Hannah? Is this Hannah?” She said dropping her cooking utensil.

“Umma.” Hannah greeted shyly handing her the bags of fruits.

“Thank you, thank you. Have a seat, you guys must be tired.” She took the bags into the kitchen while I sat Hannah down.

“Doing good.” I whispered to her. “Where is appa?” I said to my mother.

“He must be upstairs.” She shouted from the kitchen. “Seungho, come here. I’ve missed you. You look so thin.” She patted my face and looked at me carefully.

“Are you hungry?” She said bringing out the fruits we had bought. It was typical of my mother to cut them up delicately and arranged them into a master piece. Hannah thanked her and awkwardly sat there.

“Sorry, we are so tired. Drove here after the concert and I feel so tired. How about we see you in the morning, umma?” I said kissing my mother’s forehead.

“Okay, do you need clothes to wear?” She asked Hannah.

“Umma, what about me?” I said laughing at her.

“You can take care of yourself.” She said tapping my cheek and leading Hannah upstairs. “Take the suitcase up for her!” My mother shouted from upstairs. I followed them and stopped at my father’s study room.

“Appa..” I carefully opened the door to see him reading.

“You’re home.” He put down the book and embraced me. “You brought your girlfriend too?”

“Yes.”

“Ah. Good.” He said sitting back in his chair and adjusting his glasses. The silence settled between us as I stared at the fine lines on his forehead.

“Well, we will see you in the morning, good night appa.” I said shutting the door behind me and walking down the hall to my old room. How long has it been since I’ve been home? I walk into the room with trophies and awards plastered all over the walls. Hannah sat with my mother on the bed speaking in hush tones.

“Seungho-ah, you sleep on the floor tonight.” She said spreading out the blankets and placing a pillow on it. I nodded and watched my mother smooth out Hannah’s hair. Mother always wanted a daughter, she treated Hannah like a princess. I chuckled at my mother. “He always laughs to himself.” Mother said carefully walking around my floor bed.

“I made a fantastic meal for tomorrow, sleep well.” She said as she shut the door behind her.

“Sleep well, mother.” We both said together.

“You go get ready for bed first.” I said to Hannah. She nodded and went to her suitcase for her clothes and bathroom essentials. I set my backpack on the chair and took out a package I wrapped myself. I looked at the red bow and wrapper that took me hours to perfect. I tapped the present with two fingers and placed it inside my desk.

“Oppa.” I jumped and closed the drawer with the present quickly. She looked at me knowing something was wrong. “The bathroom is that one right?” she said pointing at the door beside mine. I nod and watched her closed the door behind her.

I start humming to song that has been stuck in my mind all day as I rummage through my closet for sleeping pants. “I can’t fall for you..” I started sing while throwing the shirt I was wearing into the basket. I lay down on my floor bed and closed my eyes for just a little bit.

“Wake uppp~” I heard Hannah’s voice whisper in my ear. I roll over trying to hug her. “Oppa, let’s go brush teeth.” I give her my hand and she pulls me up and walks me to the bathroom. I sat myself down on the toilet with my eyes half open looking for my tooth brush, Hannah hands me the tooth brush with paste on it.

“Oppa.” She giggles as she reaches for my hand and helps me brush. I spit and wash my face and hug her from behind while walking back to the room.

“Mommy, tuck me in bed.” I said in the cutest voice I could make. She giggles and closes the door gently behind her. I laid myself on the floor and got comfortable on my floor bed.

“What are you doing?” She said tapping me with her foot.

“Getting ready to sleep?” I said confused, she wanted to do something else? It was already almost two in the morning. 

“No, oppa. You’re not sleeping there.”

“I’m not letting you sleep on the floor, Hannah.”

“Oppa, are you pretending to be dumb or are you really dumb?” she said sitting on the bed and patting it. “You’re sleeping with me.”

I stare at her face to see if she was teasing me or if she was really serious. She didn’t smile , she just kept patting the bed.

“Really?” I asked trying to read her mind.

“Yes.” She said frowning now. “Come here.” 

I get up slowly and sit beside her on the bed. We awkwardly sit there not looking at each other. I decide to lean in and kiss her cheek and scoot over to the other side of the bed.

"Good night Hannah."I said as  I watched as she got up to turn off the lights. 

"Good night, oppa." I could hear her voice getting closer. The bed moved as she got under the sheets and laid down next to me. 

"Um." I suddenly said looking into the darkness and seeing only her outline breathing in and out. "Hannah?"

"Yes oppa?" She said from the somewhere beside me.

"Can I hug you?" She giggled and I felt her head resting on my chest.