Part seventeen

Stars can't fall in love ( Yang Seungho / Lee Joon fanfic )

image

Seungho set his backpack down on the table beside the door and with his eyes he traced over each scar on my face. His own face expressed how sorry he felt as he sat down in the white plastic chair beside my bed.

He was still in his black suit from when I saw him the day before. His hair a blond mess upon his head, his eyes tired and blood shot, begged me to not fight with him. I’ve heard from nurses that he has a waited all day outside of my operation room for me.  But none of that mattered to me anymore. I couldn’t look at him, no matter how much I hated him; my heart still did flips at the sight of his hideous face. I wanted him to leave, but I also wanted him to pick up the broken pieces and save everything we had.

I forced myself to look away from him and at the four white walls that held me captive.

“I came as soon as I heard.” Seungho said in a soft tone.

"Did you really?" I said fighting my tears. I stared at a little painting of a pink flower in a vase with two hands holding onto each other. I wondered to myself if the owners of the pair of hands were in love or relatives. Did one of the hand belonged to a dead person with no pulse to be found, or maybe a mother who had just given birth? They all had people who loved them, and beside me was a man who once loved me.

 

I sighed and looked at another painting, ignoring his eyes. "Why are you lying to my face, Seungho? I thought we were being honest." He comes closer and envelopes his hands around mine. I let my hand lay limp in his. He looks sadly at the bandages on my hand and lightly traces his fingers on the minor cuts and scars trailing up my arm.

"I .." He began to say when Joon came in and saw Seungho sitting by my side.

"Get out." He said in such a low tone that I could barely hear it.

"This is my girlfriend, Joon. I will stay, you can leave." Seungho said squeezing my hand causing my open wound to hurt. I yelp in pain.

"Youre hurting her." Joon says snatching Seungho’s hand away from mine.

"Why do you keep getting in between me and my girlfriend? Is it because I stole your ex girlfriend from you before so youre afraid that you’ll lose to me again?"

I froze at Seungho’s confrontation. Is he going to reveal the truth here and cause a rukus in hospital?

“Seungho please leave.” I managed to mutter. Joon pulled Seungho’s lifeless body out of the room and threw his backpack onto the floor and slammed the door.I closed my eyes and still saw the way he looked at me when I asked him to leave.

"He doesn’t deserve forgiveness." Joon said sitting in the chair next to me."I warned you Hannah, Seungho isnt what he seems."

I nodded and let the tears that I have been holding in flow.

——————————

“The number you have dialed has a voicemail that has not been set, goodbye.” I hung up the phone and called the manager.

"Hello."

“Hello manager-nim, it is Hannah.Do you know where Seungho is?”

“Ah, Hannah. I think he is out doing promotions with Joon tonight at club 411”

 “Thank you.” I said hanging up the phone and placed it in my bag. I get in my car and drive to the club.

"The number you have dialed does not have a voicemail, goodbye." I hang up and call Joon.

"Hello?" Joon said loudly into the phone. I take the phone off my ear, wincing in pain and ask him where Seungho is.

"He is in here somewhere. Come to the front and I will take you in."

"Thanks." I said into the phone walking across the street and stood in front of the entrance waiting for Joon.

"Oppa!" I shouted when I saw his muscular back come into view.

"Hannah." He warmly embraced me and placed a firm hand on my back leading me into the club. He leaned down close to my ear and said, "I saw him by the bar with some guys." Joon acted as my guard pushing drunk people out of the way.

I scan the club looking for Seungho, I was furious that he had left me waiting again. He had promised before going to promote in Japan to take me ice skating when he got back. Not only did he not tell me he was back, there was rumors floating around of a girl who Seungho was meeting in Japan. He better clear things up if he doesnt want to end up in a headlock.

"Seungho is there!" I shouted to Joon. He gave me a thumbs up and motioned that he will be on the dance floor if I needed anything.I nodded back to Joon and walked toward Seungho who seemed to be completely drunk out of his mind. I hated him yet I missed him so much that I almost forgot how angry I was at him when I saw his smile.

"Oppa." I said loud enough for myself to hear. He sat there smiling at someone and clinking his cup against someone elses cup.

I could have walked away right then but I chose not to and it resulted in me seeing my boyfriend pulling a girl toward him. He touched her waist and let her whisper into his ear. I stood rooted in place tears threatening to flood out as he laughed at something she said and he in return brush her hair away from her ear whispered back.I rush out of the club hearing someone shout my name. I assumed it was Seungho who had noticed I was standing there watching him with another woman. How stupid could I be. I should have known that this is just all some spell that my story has casted over him. He never loved me, the story I wrote made him fall for me.

"Pabo, pabo, PABO!" I shouted at the top of my lungs causing some people to look my way.

I get into my car and start the engine and step on the pedal. Tears blur my vision as I drive. I pound on the horn taking my rage out on it.

"PABO!" I screamed wiping my tears off on my sleeve and glanced at our couple bracelet. My fingers twitched at the thought of taking it off. My fingers trace the thread thinking of the story of the red yarn that connects two people who are meant to be and scoff at the idea. I clench my teeth pulling the bracelet off as I hear a horn sounding telling me it was time to depart. I felt myself get tossed around in the car. I gasped for one last breath as I said to myself “Oppa” I reach for my phone covered in my own blood. My vision blurred the only thing I could make out on my cracked phone screen was “Joon calling.” My leg began to numb and I felt a dull pain in my head. I clicked the accept button and tried to bring the phone to ear but I could only move my fingers. “Joon oppa” I said trying to concentrate on forming words. I managed to hear him say my name before I out completely.