Moving into the Dorm

No way! I am straight...right?

“My boy…is growing up…” Yoseob’s mother sniffed, burying her face into the handkerchief she was holding on to.

 

“Aish…” Yoseob smiled, patting his mother’s back, “I will be back for the holidays, don’t worry!”

 

“Go get them son,” Yoseob’s father said, nodding encouragingly at his son.

 

“Roger sir!” Yoseob saluted, before hugging his parents one more time. “I will miss you,” he whispered , and without wasting another second, he carried his huge luggage and lumbered off clumsily, waving back to his parents from time to time before he walked around the corner and they disappeared from view.

 

He took the lift down his apartment and the doors opened to reveal Hyunseung already waiting for him. “Got your stuff?” he asked. “Yup, come on, we wouldn’t want to miss the bus…” Yoseob said, brisk walking towards the bus stop.

 

  It was a week after Yoseob and Hyunseung had been accepted into Cube, and as the place they lived in was very far from the company, the manager, Doojoon, had decided to let them stay in the dorm for the Cube trainees, which were especially reserved for cases like these. They were moving into the dorm today, and they were going to start training that afternoon.

 

Yoseob could hardly believe it. Just a month ago, he had admired those artists from a distance. Now, he was going to train and work alongside with them, well…after he debut of course. He couldn’t wait to meet Jiyong hyung again, and also…Yoseob felt his face go hot.

 

Why am I thinking about the Director?      

                                                                                                                         

He remembered when Doojoon had looked at him and smiled. That smile drove him crazy. It was just so perfect and breathtaking, even if it lasted for that few seconds…

 

“Yah, Yoseob?”

 

Yoseob snapped out of his train of thoughts. “Mianhae, what were you talking about?” he blushed. Was he really that deep in thought?

 

Hyunseung glanced weirdly at his friend, “I was asking you whether you minded meeting Jiyong hyung later for brunch,”

 

“Hmm, yeah,”

 

“You mind?”

 

“No! I mean, no, I don’t mind…Oh that’s the bus!” Yoseob said, trying to distract his friend as he was flagging down the bus in an exaggerated manner. Yoseob stepped into the bus quickly, not making eye contact with his friend. Hyunseung sighed and followed after him. His friend was acting really weird that day…

 

-At Cube-

“You wanna d-d-d-d-dance, get your dancing shoes”

 

Kikwang’s smooth voice filled the whole studio as he recorded his single for his album. Doojoon tried to listen intently to his superstar’s voice, but somehow or rather his thoughts drifted to the two boys who made it in the previous week.

 

Other than the two boys, the rest of the auditionees were a disappointment. It had been a long time since he had seen such natural talent. He remembered asking that Yoseob boy if he had been taking vocal lessons and he shyly said ‘no’. Doojoon grinned. that boy was cute, and he definitely had superstar material. Doojoon frowned.

 

Whoa, did I just call a guy cute? I must really be stressed out…

 

Doojoon massaged his head with his fingertips. Those two boys really reminded him of Jiyong…

 

“Wah!” Doojoon nearly jumped out of his skin as someone tapped him on the shoulder. it was Kikwang.

 

“Hyung, I finished recording, erm…” Doojoon composed himself.

 

 “Right, I guess you can go take a break now, I will call you when we are done adding a few touches to it.”

 

“Ooo, yay! Hyung is the best!” Kikwang smiled, hugging Doojoon quickly before rushing out of the studio. Doojoon felt his heart skip a beat when Kikwang had hugged him. Man…he buried his head in his hands. He must REALLY be tired…

 

-At the Dorm-

 

"Is this it?” Hyunseung nodded, looking at the phone message Doojoon had sent him. “Room 3257, yup, this is it, the Director said that there would be two other guys living here…”

 

Yoseob breathed , and stepped forward to knock on the door. “Hello?” he called out. Hyunseung reached over to press the door bell next to the door. There were voices from the inside of the room.

 

“Hyung! Go get the door!”

“What?!! You get it!”

“I am watching AJ on TV~” somebody whined

“Damn, who the-”

 

The door opened and a guy with white squarish glasses and nerdy looking middle parted hair greeted them. Yoseob noticed that the guy’s face had turned from normal, to pale white and then to red as he stared at Hyunseung.

 

The door was slammed shut and Hyunseung gave Yoseob a bewildered look, before the door opened again and the same guy greeted them, except now his hair was brushed over his forehead in a cool way and his glasses were gone. He leaned against the door and smiled ily at them (or at Hyunseung, in Yoseob’s opinion)

 

“So, are you the new dormates?” he asked in a low voice.

 

“Err, yes…” Hyunseung stated slowly, furrowing his brows a bit. Silence passed before Yoseob cleared his throat.

 

“So, can we come in?”

 

“Of course, yes…” the guy hastily stepped back to let them in.

 

Yoseob looked around the dorm as he stepped into the place. It was fairly messy, with clothes strewn across the floor. A TV was in the middle of the living room, and a person was lying in front of the TV, watching AJ perform on screen.

 

“Annyohaseyo!” the guy infront of the TV said, greeting them cheerily. Hyunseung scurried over to sit on the floor next to him.

 

“Ooo!! AJ!! You like him too?” Hyunseung said, brightening. “mmhmm, he is so handsome and talented, don’tcha think?”

 

Hyunseung nodded his head vigorously and the two started fangirl-erm, fanboying over how awesome AJ was. Yoseob looked at the guy who had greeted them at the door. He was staring at the pair on the floor with a weird kind of intensity in his eyes. Yoseob stuck his hand out. “ Hi, I am Yang Yoseob.”

 

The guy looked at Yoseob and took his hand,

 

“Hi, nice to meet you, I am Yong Junhyung,” Yoseob nodded. This guy was friendly enough, despite his scary looking eyes.

 

“That guy over there is Son Dongwoon,” Junhyung said, pointing at the person next to Hyunseung.

 

“Hmm, oh, and my friend is-”

 

“Hyunseung,” Hyunseung said, rushing over to shake Junhyung’s hand. Junhyung smiled widely-very widely, and shook Hyunseung’s hand. Their position stayed like that for a few unnecessary seconds before Hyunseung coughed.

 

“Oh sorry,” Junhyung said, hastily letting go of Hyunseung’s hand. Yoseob left the two and walked over to Dongwoon who was still in front of the TV.

 

“Hi, I am Yang Yoseob,”

 

“Hi! I am Dongwoon,” the guy replied, smiling at Yoseob. Dongwoon sighed as the TV show ended, and the credits rolled in.

 

“So, err, welcome to our dorm! Sorry if it’s a bit messy…” Dongwoon said, gesturing around the living room awkwardly.

 

“Nah, its okay, I have seen messier,” they grinned at each other and stood up to walk over to the Junseung pair. “Yoseob and I have a meeting with a friend in around 10 minutes, so could you tell us where our rooms are?”

 

Junhyung’s eyes seemed to light up. “Oh, you would have to share rooms with us, as there are only 2 rooms available…”

 

“You can share a room with me!” Dongwoon said to Hyunseung cheerily, “Since you are an AJ fan, we-OUCH!” Junhyung stamped on Dongwoon’s foot and coughed loudly.

 

“Hyung! Why’d-”

 

Junhyung silenced him with a glare.

 

“I am also a huge fan of AJ,” Junhyung said slowly, his eyes not leaving Dongwoon’s.

 

“Oh… really? Hyunseung raised his eyebrows. Yoseob facepalmed. That was why Junhyung was acting so weird. He had managed to figure out what was going on, quickly. Junhyung really was trying to hit on Hyunseung.

 

“Yes, in fact, I am really close friends with him…”

 

“Since when were you-OUCH!” Dongwoon cried, clutching his foot in pain. This time Yoseob was the one who had stamped on his foot. Upon hearing that Junhyung knew AJ, Hyunseung gasped.

 

“Yup,” Junhyung continued, “and I am going to be the first to get his newly released album, signed, and I could always give you one, I mean, he wouldn’t mind giving me two copies…”

 

Hyunseung was completely fooled.

 

“Come on, I will fill you up on details,” Junhyung said, hurriedly seizing the chance and taking Hyunseung’s luggage to his room without his consent, not that Hyunseung had seemed to mind.

 

Yoseob glanced after them and picked up his own luggage.”

 

“So, I guess I am your new roommate huh?” Dongwoon shrugged,

 

“I guess so, but what was THAT all about?” he said, bewildered. Yoseob hung his hands over his new and innocent friend’s shoulder. “Come on, I will tell you when we get my things settled first.”

Hi everyone! how was this chapter? Please leave comments, even if its only one word, your encouragement and comments are really the things that keep me going!! :)