The Start of a Game

No way! I am straight...right?

"You go on first, we will catch up with you later on," Junhyung said to Dongwoon and Yoseob, tugging on Hyunseung's sleeve, signaling him to stay behind. The boys had just finished a training session, and were prepared to take a break at the company's cafeteria before continuing. Yoseob gave them a questioningly look, in which Junhyung returned with a normal smile. He hoped it didn't come off as too fake. He starred at the both of them for a few more seconds before finally leaving with Dongwoon, who was whining about how hungry he was.

 

"Come quickly okay? You know the food doesn't stay warm forever," Yoseob smiled and said. Junhyung nodded, smiling, but his expression turned grim the moment he turned to look at Hyunseung when they left.

 

"So you wanna spill about what happened?" Junhyung asked Hyunseung. He was suspicious ever since he found Hyunseung and Yoseob in the dorm bathroom the night before. Hyunseung had brushed it off quickly, saying that it was nothing much, but Junhyung knew better. Hyunseung had been acting weird that morning, glancing at Yoseob every now and and hastily looking away when he caught Junhyung staring. Junhyung was starting to dread that something had happened between the two of them.

 

"It wasn't a confession from Yoseob was it?" Junhyung asked. Hyunseung looked at him, his eyes widening.

 

"NO! Of course not! Why would you even think that way? Yoseob and I are just friends-"

 

"Then?" Junhyung pressed. Hyunseung bit his lip, debating whether or not to tell Junhyung.

 

"Okay, I will tell you, BUT-" Hyunseung wagged a finger at Junhyung, "You are not to tell anyone. And when I say anyone, I mean anyone, not even Dongwoon."

 

Junhyung laughed. "Come on Hyunseung, don't you know me well enough to know that there would be no way in hell I would tell anything to that guy?" When Junhyung saw that Hyunseung still looked worried about trusting him, he sighed.

 

"Fine, I promise, okay?"

 

Hyunseung bit his bottom lip and whispered, "The CEO confessed to Yoseob,"

 

Junhyung laughed, "That's not so..." wait what?

 

Junhyung grabbed Hyunseung by the shoulders. "What did you just say?"

 

Hyunseung shrugged off his hands irritably. "I told you already, CEO confessed to Yoseob," he said, his voice trailing off at the end.

 

"HE WHAT?!" Junhyung's voice was raised an octave in shock. What was Hyunseung playing at?

 

Hyunseung glanced around frantically and clamped his hands over Junhyung's mouth hurriedly. "Would-you-keep-QUIET!" Hyunseung whispered through clenched teeth as he glared at Junhyung. Junhyung was shaking his head, not taking the news well. He removed Hyunseung's hand from his mouth, and spoke,

"Doojoon hyung confessed to Yoseob? And Yoseob...did he...accept?"

 

Hyunseung gulped, and nodded. "Yes," he squeaked.

 

A loud thud was heard outside the training studio, and Hyunseung and Junhyung jumped apart from each other in shock. They ran outside to see what had happened. They were just in time to see someone running and disappearing around a corner, only the back of his black jacket was seen. Hyunseung glanced at the floor and saw that the person had dropped the microphones and equipment he was carrying.

 

Junhyung glanced at Hyunseung, eyes wide. "Do you think he heard?"

 

Hyunseung's heart was thumping against his ribcage hardly. It was impossible not for him to have heard. They had been talking right at the door of the training studio. Hyunseung's face paled at the thought. "I-I hope not," he barely whispered. If this ever got out, things...things wouldn't be good.

------

Joon ran up onto the rooftop, and breathed deeply as he tried to catch his breath. He...what did he just hear? Doojoon was dating Yoseob? No, this was wrong, everything was wrong. Joon was the one carrying equipment to MBLAQ's  training studio when he overheard Hyunseung and Junhyung's conversation. Training was probably the last thing on his mind now. He closed his eyes bit his lip tightly, refusing to believe any of this.

 

He tried to be a good person, for Yoseob.

 

Joon would be an outright liar if he said that he had no affections for Yoseob. An outright liar.

 

Joon had no idea when he started to sincerely like Yoseob. Was it during camp? When he bullied him at the club? That seemed like decades ago, and everything he did was to annoy the guy. He was furious at Cube accepting more trainees when they already had enough under their belt. What would happen after MBLAQ debuted? They had to focus on their activities too, and not just hurriedly try and debut yet another group, did MBLAQ mean nothing to Cube at all? He knew Doojoon tried to help MBLAQ get better before their debut, but all the preparation was rushed.

 

He tried to hate Yoseob, but he can't remember when all that hate had changed to affection for him. He was confused at first, wondering why he had all these conflicted emotions when he saw anyone get close to Yoseob. Now Doojoon was dating Yoseob? Joon laughed, feeling pathetic. Was him helping Yoseob during camp all for nothing? When he saw how hurt Yoseob was when he saw Doojoon and Gayoon together and comforted him, had it all gone to waste?

 

He was going to show them, he thought. He took out his phone, and pressed in a few numbers.

 

He wasn't going to play Mr. Nice Guy anymore.

 

"Hello?" he asked, and a female voice answered.

 

"Oh, Anneyong, Lee Joon-sshi," the sickeningly sweet voice said. He pursed his lips.

 

"About your offer last time," Joon asked.

 

"It's still up for grabs. You game?"

 

He hesitated for just a second before replying, "Yes,"

 

"Awesome, come meet me today at the caféoutside SM today at 11pm,"

 

Joon hung up after that, staring at his phone for a few more seconds before turning to walk down to grab the equipment he had dropped, praying that Hyunseung and Junhyung left already.

 

Heo Gayoon smirked as she looked at the screen cover after her conversation with Joon. Plan A was starting soon. Very soon. She dialed a few numbers into her phone and sipped at her drink while waiting for the call to get through.

-----

"Hello Ms Heo?"

 

The man who answered bit the end of his cigarette and flicked it over his shoulder. He walked over to the dead body on the ground, and prodded it gently with his foot.

 

"Hello, and how is it so far?"

 

"Yes, he's dead,"

 

"Is he related to you in anyway at all?"

 

The man smirked, "You underestimate me Ms Heo, I have my methods,"

 

"Whatever, just know that this has nothing to do with me. Once you are done with your job, I pay you the money, and you disappear from my life. If you ever make a mistake and get me involved, well, let's just say things won't look too good for you,"

 

The man's eyebrows twitched, but he said nothing. The money was more important, and he had to humor his client.

 

"Yes, yes, of course..."  he hung up, and got into the taxi that was parked at the side of the road, waiting for the target to turn up.

-----

"Hyung, why are you acting like this?"

 

"Stop it Daesung, I am fine, I-I am just having a bad day..."

 

"Hyung, we know you are not okay, just tell us,"

 

"Watch it Daesung," Jiyong snapped. The hard look in his eyes softened and he shook his head. "Sorry, I didn't mean to sound that harsh, I-I am going back to the dorm,"

Daesung was driving towards his individual schedule, a meeting for a musical he would be participating in. He replayed the events that happened that afternoon in his head while gripping the steering wheel tightly, feeling particularly stressed after having confronted his leader. One would have to be both blind and deaf to not notice the change in Jiyong's behavior for the past few weeks. Daesung was upset that Jiyong didn't trust the Big Bang members enough to tell them what he was worrying about.

 

Seeing that it was almost dark, he stepped on his accelerator a tad bit more, hoping to reach his house soon.

 

He pursed his lips as the car in front of him refused to budge out of his way, though there was an extra lane for him to drive into. Daesung glanced out the window for a second, slightly distracted in his train of thoughts.

 

 

Little did he realize the car in front had swerved into another lane as there was an accident of some kind in front.

 

There was a loud screech of Daesung's tires as he tried to stop in time, but it was too late. He crashed straight into the backside of the taxi that was parked in front, and he gasped as cars around him started honking and trying hard not to crash into Daesung's car as well.

 

Daesung's hands gripped the steering wheel tightly, feeling extremely clammy. His hands shook and it took extremely long for him to just unbuckle his seatbelt.

 

He stepped out of his car, legs growing weak beneath him. He did not have a good feeling about this. Was anyone hurt? Was anyone-

 

Daesung stopped in his tracks as he saw the still form of a man in front of the taxi he crashed into.

 

Oh no...

------

Lee Joon looked up every time he heard the door of the caféopen. He clenched his hot cup of Americano he ordered a few minutes before and glanced at his watch. It was nearing 11:30 p.m. and Gayoon was no where in sight.

 

It was late at night and there was barely anyone at the café. A small television stood on a platform near the door and Joon watched it, bored. The assistant behind the counter lazily switched the program to a news channel.

 

Joon's eyes widened as he saw the headlines of the news flash across the screen; "Breaking News: Big Bang's Daesung involved in car accident this afternoon, motorcyclist pronounced dead"

 

Joon watched in shock at the screen, his palms breaking out in cold sweat. What? His eyes were glued to the screen as the announcer spoke.

 

"This afternoon, Kang Daesung, member of popular group Big Bang, was involved in a car accident. The member was said to have driven down an expressway and had crashed into the back of a taxi which in turn ran over a body of a motorcyclist which was involved in a hit-and-run earlier on.

 

The taxi was parked at the side of a road, and the driver of the taxi had gotten out after he saw the unconscious body of a motorcyclist on the road. Apparently the motorcyclist was involved in an accident earlier on but the person responsible had driven away by the time the taxi driver arrived.

 

Daesung was driving to a schedule when he happened to crash into the taxi car which then ran over the motorcyclist's body. It is not known whether the motorcyclist was already dead before Daesung's crash or if Daesung's crash had caused his death. An autopsy will be carried in the later weeks,"

 

At that moment, Gayoon stepped into the café. She smirked as she read the news on the television right next to her and then back at Joon, who was sat, gulping.

 

 

 

 

 

hey guys erm, this centres around Daesung's car acccident that happened last year. Hmm, so basically Gayoon wanted to frame Daesung for an accident and cause a scandal, making things difficult for Doojoon. She hired someone to actually knock down someone and kill him, and blame it on Daesung when he came. Full story of Daesung's accident here: http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/big-bangs-daesungs-car-accident-the-story-so-far  

the person Gayoon called was Joon, remember? In chapter 20, she mentioned about calling someone, but it was a cliffhanger. Hope this clears it up :)