How The Paper Fish Learnt To Swim

No way! I am straight...right?

“Okay…I think he should be fine by morning,” Yoseob expressed worriedly, looking at the sleeping figure of his friend. Dongwoon had a blissful look on his face, and Yoseob suspected he was having a good time in dreamland.

  Back at the dorm after the party, the trio had cleaned Dongwoon’s nose up and helped him get into a new set of clothes. Courtesy done by Junhyung, as neither Yoseob nor Hyunseung actually wanted to help with the changing of clothes. Yoseob said good night to both Hyunseung and Junhyung after ‘tucking’ Dongwoon into bed.   

  Yoseob was exhausted. He cleaned himself up and sat on the top of the bunk bed as Dongwoon occupied the bottom. A lot of things had happened that day, other than Dongwoon’s nose bleed over the idol. Yoseob sighed, wondering whether this was considered a normal routine after he had been accepted as a trainee in Cube. He thought back to the events that happened that evening, and slowly drifted off into a deep sleep.

-The next day (Recording Studio)-

“…”

“You’d got anything?”

“Nope…”

“Me too…”

  Jiyong stared at the lyrical sheet in front of me. The empty lyrical sheet, in fact. He sighed for the thousandth time that day, and directed his frustration towards his coffee by chugging it down.

  “Hey, what did I say about having food and drinks in the recording studio?” His inspiration-less partner, Teddy, stared at him irritably.

  “Aw, come on, I am a careful man,”

  “That’s what everyone says when I warn them. What happens next? Broken equipment, soaked manuscript books, and don’t even mention the time my Beats spoiled because of the latte Taeyang was drinking…” Teddy frowned.

  Jiyong chuckled. Teddy was just saying this because he couldn’t help the frustration of not being able to think of any new song lyrics. Having your Beats spoiled was a big deal to normal people, but wasn’t so much to Teddy. Teddy could have easily afforded over ten of the Beats headphones if he wanted. Jiyong sighed again, and started doodling on the manuscript book in front of him.

  For the next few minutes, the recording studio was filled with scratching noises of pen on paper, and then the vigorous cancelling of ideas that seem to reach a dead end.

This is it for me… Jiyong thought as he threw his pen down, pursing his lips as he did so.

 “I am going to go out for a while,” he said to Teddy before grabbing his bag and pushing open the door out of the recording room. Teddy nodded and didn’t say anything. He knew that Jiyong couldn’t get his inspiration just by sitting around. It was the same for other artists. He let his eyes wander around the room and they soon fell on the empty coffee cup left by his dear friend. That Jiyong…he thought as he crushed the cup and threw it into the bin on his friend’s behalf.

  Jiyong aimlessly walked around town, looking for something to strike up his interest and perhaps give him a sense of inspiration for his next song. He let his legs do the walking, and pretty soon he ended up at the public library.

  “Hmmm…I don’t really read, but might as well give it a try…” Jiyong whispered to himself as he walked up the steps and through the big glass doors.

  And inside the library, he was pretty much lost. He remembered to the days he had scoffed at Hyunseung, who was a book-worm, for reading all the books he never swore to touch.

“You should try reading too Hyung! It’s good for your brain,” he had said, “It also expands your outlet for creativity!” But Jiyong never believed him.

  And now was probably the second time he had ever been in a library before. He looked at all the confusing signs hanging everywhere.

Fiction…non-fiction…sci-fi…what exactly am I looking for? He gave up and went to the library counter.

“How may I help you today, sir?” An attractive young lady who was wearing a smart polished suit stood behind the counter. She smiled at him, but then she cocked her head to the side, just slightly, as she realized who she was talking to.

  Jiyong, or G-Dragon, realized that he hadn’t put on any disguise at all. He covered his face with his both his hands immediately, thinking,

  However, the librarian smiled mysteriously at him. “Oh, don’t worry, Mr. Kwon, I won’t say anything, so don’t worry.”

  Jiyong removed his hands from his face, frowning suspiciously at the librarian. The librarian smiled another mysterious smile and cocked her head to the side again.

“Let’s start over again, shall we? How may I help you sir?”

“Well, err…I am sort of out of ideas…” he started off.

“For a new song you are writing?” she smiled.

“How’d you-”

  “Wait here, sir, I will be back shortly,” she said, and she disappeared into a room behind the counter. She was soon back, with a white hard cover back book. Jiyong glanced at the title: ‘How the paper fish learnt to swim.’

  “This is…?” Jiyong looked at her enquiringly, but not before he picked up the book and flipped over a few pages.

  “Well, if I were to give an idea about the book, it’s a book about inspiring creativity, but then again I would be just quoting from the short summary of the book,” she laughed lightly, “You’d have to read it yourself to know, Mr. Kwon,”  the librarian said.

  Well, there’s no harm in borrowing it I guess… he thought, before he suddenly felt his heart drop. Having only been to the library twice in his life, he realized he didn’t own a library card. “Err…” he felt his face redden. If this librarian isn’t keeping her word about keeping this a secret, I can almost imagine the headlines tomorrow. -Big Bang’s charismatic leader does not own a library card?!-

  But then again, the librarian smiled, as if she knew what he was thinking. “It’s okay, you can just take the book for now,” she said.

  “For real?” Jiyong stared at her, not daring to believe.

  The librarian smiled, and typed a few words into the computer in front of her. “Well, according to my computer’s records, this book is on loan till the year after next.” She winked at Jiyong and put a finger to her lips. “Borrow it for as long as you want, Mr. Kwon, it will be our little secret.”

  “Gee, thanks!” Jiyong smiled at her. The librarian nodded and said, “But do apply for a library card the next time you come.”

  “I sure will,” Jiyong said, and thanked her again before exiting the library.

-------------------------------------------------------------Line Break---------------------------------------------------------------

  Jiyong stayed up all night pouring over the book. He had spent the past seven hours reading and re-reading some parts. He didn’t stop until Seungri threw a teddy bear at him for ‘rustling the pages so loud he couldn’t sleep’. He clasped the book closed, an idea in mind.

-At CEO’s office-

  “Your idea…is this,” Doojoon asked as he flicked through the pages of the book.

  “Yup! You’d have to read the back part to understand-”

  “I know, Jiyong,” Doojoon said before clasping close the book and putting it on the table.

  “Eh, you do?” Jiyong sweat dropped.

  “I do because I have read the book before,” Doojoon looked at him suspiciously, “All people involved in the marketing or advertising industry all have probably read this book before.”

  “Oh…I see...so what do you say?” Jiyong asked carefully, surprised at the fact that Doojoon had read it before. And here I was thinking I had finally read something smart…

  “Hmm, if I hadn’t known you well I would have said you were going to use this chance to slack off…but since I know you so well…” Doojoon peered at him and smiled, “I say go for it.”

-At the training room-

  The Big Bang members excluding Jiyong were training the vocals of the four trainees, and stopped as soon as Jiyong stepped into the room.

“Everyone,” Jiyong smiled at them mischievously before continuing, “We are going on a vacation.”

 

 

here’s a link to the book I was talking about, http://books.google.com/books/about/How_the_paper_fish_learned_to_swim.html?id=hkWcF-Rf1xYC

Oooh, mysterious librarian!! Will she appear in future chapters? Who knows…

PLEASE COMMENT, I really encourage constructive criticism as well!!! And I would like to thank all the people who commented previously, all your comments touched me very deeply, *sniff* *sniff* THANK YOU~ please continue to comment! One worded comments are also welcomed!