Burden

No way! I am straight...right?

 

  "Keep the photos," Gayoon said curtly to Joon, who looked questioningly at her. Her eyes never left the retreating back of Doojoon as he walked away from them down the street, the snow sloshing a bit around his boots and he strode down across the road. She only turned to look back at Joon as Doojoon's retreating back disappeared around a corner.
 
"I wasn't joking when I said I would get rid of them if Doojoon said yes to me, you can keep them for the time being, I won't be needing them," Joon furrowed his eyebrows, wondering why in the world Gayoon could still manage to seem all kind-hearted when she was really trying to crush Doojoon.
 
Did she honestly think Doojoon would say yes? 
 
Gayoon whipped her head to face him, and Joon realized he had accidentally voiced his thought out aloud. His eyes widened, mentally cursing himself and feeling his blood run cold at the thought of what Gayoon might do to him. He breathed a sigh of relief as Gayoon laughed lightly, but immediately stopped as Gayoon glared at him again.
 
"Do you think he won't? He doesn't really have a choice..." Gayoon smiled. It was a genuine smile, and for a moment Joon was scared. She had this slight, far-away, crazed look in her eyes, and Joon couldn't help but feel scared.
 
How could she be feeling this happy after causing so much trouble to the man she claimed to love? Joon had not much experience before, but he knew for sure that his wasn't real love. Had she not seen Doojoon and Yoseob together? Joon was sure they had not been together for the longest of time, but love was apparent between the two of them.
 
"Noona..."
 
Gayoon's phone vibrated in his coat pocket and she turned away to answer it, leaving Joon to fumble to put the envelope in his bag.
 
Joon didn't know what he was going to do, or why he was still doing this.
 
-----
 
"D-Doojoon?" Yoseob waved his hands in front of Doojoon's face, worried.
 
Doojoon's head snapped up, his eyes glazed over. 
 
"Are you alright? You barely touched your food..." Doojoon gulped and looked at his barely-touched plate. He laughed awkwardly before shoving a mouthful of rice into his mouth, nearly choking as he did so. Yoseob bit his lip, unsure of whether to make Doojoon talk about whatever was making him uncomfortable, or just continue with their dinner.
 
They were at a small, quiet restaurant that no one really knew about, which was good as they could eat without worry of the media shoving cameras down their throats.
 
Doojoon smiled at Yoseob, shaking his head, "I am fine, really," seeing that Yoseob was still looking at him suspiciously, he coughed, acting shy.
 
"Look at my boyfriend being all worried for me, such a cutie." Yoseob's face flared when he heard that, and he dropped his gaze to his plate, all thoughts of Doojoon being unnatural or uncomfortable flying out the window.
 
Doojoon breathed a sigh of relief, thankful that he had managed to throw Yoseob off track.
 
He had spent almost the whole dinner with Yoseob thinking back to his meeting with Gayoon and Joon...
 
"Break up with Yoseob, agree on the marriage proposal, and I will burn all pictures taken,"
 
Doojoon raised an eyebrow at Gayoon. Did she really think he was going to believe that?
 
Gayoon, seeing his change in reaction shook her head, and looked up at Doojoon, true sincerity in her eyes. "Doojoon," she began. Doojoon inwardly groaned. He was about to face another full conversation about how she still loved him and all that .
 
"You know I loved you when I left for England, and I still do. What changed between us? I thought you still felt the same way after all those years we spent together, wasn't any of those feelings true?" 
 
He was right.
 
"For one," he held a hand up to her so he could speak, "Neither of us loves each other now. And it is quite apparent. We both may have loved each other before, but not now. You got bored of me the second year into our relationship, and I had to date you because my dad forced me to. Your dad was the big-shot CEO," 
 
Doojoon knew he sounded like a complete jerk right now, but Gayoon knew why he had dated her before.
 
"And second, you already knew I was dating you because of my dad, but you continued to go out with me. Why? You were lonely and you wanted someone to be your lapdog, and I paid the price of being it as I couldn't go against you because you are Lee Soo Man's daughter. Admit it Gayoon, our relationship is really, really messed up. Don't you think it's better that you just let things be the way they are?"
 
Gayoon clutched her glass tightly, and Doojoon's eyes widened as he saw a faint maniac glint in her eyes.
 
"No."
 
Doojoon sighed, jabbing at the piece of meat on his plate, but miscalculating the angle and his forceful jab of the knife made the piece of meat catapult into the air, landing awkwardly on his pants, around his nether regions.
Yoseob gazed at the piece of meat for a few moments before bursting into a fit of giggles, Doojoon joining in as well, making a few people in the restaurant turn to stare. Doojoon sighed before picking up the piece of his meat with his napkin and placing it next to his plate before excusing himself to go to the bathroom.
 
Yoseob giggled and sighed as he watched his boyfriend leave to go to the bathroom, and slightly jumped at the sudden ring of Doojoon's phone which was on the table, signaling an oncoming message. And then another ring, and then another. 
 
Yoseob furrowed his eyebrows a bit, and glanced up to see if Doojoon was coming back or not, and when he wasn't, he paused for a moment before reaching over to pick up the phone.
 
He slid open the iPhone, and gazed blankly at the screen as the message popped into view. He slightly laughed at the fact as he realized Doojoon did not use a passcode, but his smile faltered as he read the messages, over and over again.
 
From: Gayoon
 
Hey, have you thought about what we said? You know the pictures won't sit around forever right?
 
From: Gayoon
 
Not even sorry for being pushy :P you know I am serious about deleting the pictures...as well as letting them leak out if you don't make a decision soon.
 
Yoseob hesitated for a moment before scrolling back to read the messages in front, and gasped.
 
From: Gayoon
 
Meet me at the usual cafe outside SM's building at 3 p.m. and bring that of a boyfriend of yours. Avoid this and I won't be the only one who will know mr Big-Shot of Cube likes .
 
"Yoseob?!" Yoseob's head snapped back up to see Doojoon staring at him, his eyes wide as he realized Yoseob had been reading his messages. He swallowed the lump in his throat, palms sweating.
 
"Y-you read my messages?"
 
"Doojoon what is this?" Yoseob asked, his voice cracking. He pointed to the screen. "H-how does she know?"
 
Doojoon bit his lip. This wasn't going to turn out well.
 
-----
 
"...she knows?" Yoseob whispered, hanging his head. 
 
They were sitting side by side on a park bench, neither person looking at each other. It was painful, the past half-an-hour, where Doojoon had recounted the things that Gayoon had threatened him with. He couldn't possibly lie to Yoseob now.
 
"Yoseob...I-I"
 
"Maybe we should break up," Yoseob breathed.
 
"W-What?" Doojoon looked up, his eyes widening. Yoseob had his head down, his face hidden by his dark black locks.
 
"W-we haven't even been dating for a long time, a-and if Gayoon is going to threaten you with this, I think this is the best choice. Doojoon," Yoseob looked at Doojoon, annd Doojoon could see that he was tearing up. "You are an important CEO of a famous company. If you were to let these news go out, everyone under you and around you would suffer, I don't think I can let you do that,"
 
Doojoon shook his head, feeling himself panic. No, he won't allow this to happen to him and Yoseob
 
"Yoseob," he grabbed Yoseob by his shoulders, looking at him straight in the eyes. "If I were to break up with you, I-I'd have to marry Gayoon," he saw Yoseob flinch at the word.
 
"And I don't want that, neither of us do, please, please don't mention that ever again,"
 
"But!" Yoseob shrugged off Doojoon's hands, tears threatening to fall any time from his eyes. "You can't let this happen to Cube! If those photos ever get out..."
 
"Then I will resign and stop being CEO," Doojoon said. Yoseob shook his head, smacking Doojoon on the arms. 
 
"How can you even joke like that? You can't treat like it's some kind of game!" Yoseob started to sob, not knowing the right way out of this. Why must Doojoon be so stubborn? If he married Gayoon, at least he wouldn't receive as much attention as he would for dating a trainee, a male one, in fact.
 
"And Gayoon noona is pretty and-"
 
"She's a ," Doojoon growled, "she is an evil, blood- and I hate her, and you should too, she is making you go through this for goodness's sake. Yoseob, I am not treating this like a game, most definitely not," Doojoon cupped Yoseob's face and gently turned it to face him. "I am never going to leave you. We haven't been dating for long but please, never mention break-up to me again,"
 
Yoseob sniffled and buried his face into Doojoon's shoulders, breaking into a new wave of sobs. This was all his fault.
 
"I am sorry for being such a burden..."
 
"Shush. Say that again and I will smack you," Doojoon whispered, not all that serious, but holding Yoseob close to him, as if afraid he would really leave him and go do something stupid on his own.