Trouble Maker

No way! I am straight...right?

 

It felt so comfortable. So warm, he didn't feel like getting up so soon...

Yoseob cracked open a eyelid. Bright light shone onto his eyes, instantly blinding him for a second. It was as if he hadn't seen light for a few weeks.

 

Argh...where am I?

 

He took a few seconds for his eyes to get used to the bright light. He blinked, and tried to turn his head, but somehow couldn't. His neck felt really sore and stiff, and his throat was dry and parched.

 

His eyes darted around, taking in the light blue screens that surrounded him and the fluffy linen sheets beneath him.

 

A hospital.

 

He looked to his bedside and saw a figure dozing on the side of the bed next to him, his head on his arms.

 

"H-Hyun-seung?" Yoseob coughed, his voice cracking.

 

Crap, his throat was really dry.

 

He swallowed back his saliva and tried to reach for his throat, but couldn't. He looked down and saw that his right arm was in a blue cast. He felt his chest and saw that it was, too, bandaged.

 

He groaned and shifted uncomfortably in his pillows, trying to remember what happened.

 

The movement however, startled Hyunseung. He was jolted awake, and looked around, dazed for a moment, before his eyes landed on Yoseob.

 

"Y-Yoseob! Y-you woke up!" Hyunseung cried, pulling his friend into his arms for a hug. He squeezed Yoseob tight, sobbing hysterically.

 

"R-ribs..."  Yoseob choked. Hyunseung released Yoseob immediately, his eyes widening.

 

"I'm sorry! That was thoughtless of me, did you get hurt? Did you? Did you?" Hyunseung anxiously checked his friend, scared that he had accidentally injured Yoseob's body in it's fragile state, as if he wasn't injured badly enough.

 

Yoseob chuckled. He fell back into his pillows weakly, as his friend wiped his tears off his face.

 

"I am going to go get the doctor, stay here, and don't go anywhere!" Hyunseung instructed his friend.

 

"As if I would go anywhere, do you think I can?" Yoseob joked lightly, raising his casted arm slightly.

 

Hyunseung smiled, relieved that his friend was at least back to his normal self. He pushed aside the screens and left the room, looking for the doctor.

 

Yoseob took in a deep breath and closed his eyes as he tried to remember what had happened. The courage test, then the getting lost, then...oh crap.

 

Doojoon

 

His eyes snapped open, just as the screens of surrounding him opened. A handsome, young doctor stepped right up next to him, while Hyunseung stood on the doctor's right.

 

"Hello Mr Yang, I am Doctor Kim, the doctor that had been in charge of your medical procedures for past few weeks. Would you mind if I checked your arm?"

 

Yoseob shook his head absently, and Dr. Kim took his right hand gently.

 

Then it hit him.

 

Wait what? Past few weeks?

 

"Dr. Kim," Yoseob choked out, his eyes widening, "How long have I been out?"

 

Dr. Kim didn't reply, but continued checking his right arm. He gently placed it by Yoseob's side and made a small note on the clipboard he was holding. He chuckled at the slightly impatient expression on Yoseob's face, and said,

 

"Oh, only around two weeks or so, nothing so much to worry about,"

 

Yoseob paled, and looked at Hyunseung, for the first time realizing that his skin wasn't that good, and that he had really deep eye bags under his eyes. Hyunseung must have spent sleepless nights over his friend, worrying about his condition.

 

"Then, how about the guy that came in with me? The Director?" This time Yoseob directed his question at Hyunseung, anxious about Doojoon.

 

"Oh, Yoon Doojoon-sshi? He has been knocked out for quite a while too, a minor concussion, but nothing too serious. He woke up a few days before you did," he added as a last note, noticing the panic on Yoseob's face when he mentioned the concussion.

 

Dr. Kim indifference was starting to get on his nerves. Hyunseung touched his friend's hand lightly.

 

"He's alright Yoseob, there, you can see for yourself," he stood up to pushed the screen surrounding Yoseob to one side, allowing Yoseob to see the other occupants in the ward. Doojoon was in the bed next to his, sleeping soundly. His head was bandaged up though, but other than that, he looked fine.

 

"Has done nothing but sleep these few days, probably because of that girlfriend of his," Dr. Kim chuckled, glancing over at Yoseob.

 

Wait, girlfriend?

 

"Excus-" Yoseob started to say, but was cut off by the doctor again.

 

"You are in fit condition, Mr Yang, you actually slept through the whole recovery period," Dr. Kim expressed, nodding towards his bandaged chest and casted arm. "I would have to thank you for that, made my job a whole lot easier. Your fractured arm and broken ribs are still a bit stiff, but you can be discharged by tomorrow,"

 

"By the way, I have arranged an appointment for you this afternoon to get that cast removed, please don't forget," he continued. He checked his watch, and smiled at the two boys.

 

"Well it was nice knowing you, Mr Yang, now, if you'll excuse me, I have got another patient to attend to," finishing, he bowed, and walked out of the ward.

 

Hyunseung grinned at his friend.

 

"Awesome, getting discharged tomorrow! Need anything for now? You haven't really eaten anything these two weeks, except for saline solution..." he looked at the IV needle inserted in Yoseob's hand, and shuddered.

 

Yoseob bit the inside of his cheek, feeling a bit bothered at what the doctor had said.

 

"Hyunseung, who was the girlfriend Dr. Kim talked about?" Hyunseung glanced wide eyed at Yoseob, and shook his head.

 

"I am not really sure...Although I was here most of the time, the screens were usually pulled around you..." Hyunseung stopped to think, and scratched his head.

 

"There were a few times when I saw a girl coming in to visit the Director, but the Director was asleep most of the time she came, so she left early each time..."

 

Yoseob pouted. Who was this girl that kept visiting Doojoon? Aish...

 

"Where's Junhyung and Dongwoon?" Yoseob asked, suddenly remembering the two. At the mention of their names, Hyunseung blushed scarlet.

 

Yoseob raised his eyebrows suspiciously. Hyunseung was blushing...why?

 

"They came to visit, and we took turns looking after you, today just so happened to be my turn..." Hyunseung trailed off.

 

Yoseob smiled, "You didn't have to guard me like that, but thanks," he said. He was really grateful for his friends.

 

"How about Jiyong hyung?" Hyunseung furrowed his brows, shaking his head.

 

"Well, he was worried like hell when you were rushed to the hospital with Doojoon like this. From what I heard, he was giving Seungri the cold shoulder for having scared you guys like that." Yoseob's mouth formed a perfect 'O'. So it was Seungri that night in the courage test, Doojoon had guessed right.

 

Hyunseung sighed,

 

 "I have no idea, whether he is worried about you or something else, but he has been avoiding me recently, and the guys. He visited you sometimes, but I only know that from the gifts that appear on your bedside when I come in. He never tells me when he visits..." Hyunseung pouted.

He picked up his phone.

 

"Which reminds me, I have to go tell the guys the good news!" he said, and walked out of the ward excitedly. Yoseob glanced after him, smiling. He leaned back into his bed, unconsciously turning his head to look at Doojoon who was sleeping soundly.

 

Back than, he was so scared that he and Doojoon would be stuck in that place, cold, shivering, injured, with nobody knowing where they were.

Yoseob slapped his head as he suddenly realized he had forgotten to ask Hyunseung who had helped them that night. He thought for a while about the possibilities.

 

The Big Bang hyungs? They were quite close to the checkpoint when Yoseob fell...maybe one of them saw what had happened and followed them?

 

The door opened again, and Yoseob was surprised to see Jiyong hyung come in.

 

Jiyong looked terrible. His skin was pale and sickly and he looked like a zombie, literally. His cheekbones were sunken and he looked like he hadn't eaten for days.

 

"Jiyong?" Yoseob asked cautiously, not believing his eyes. 

 

Jiyong looked at Yoseob for a second, and gave a cry of happiness and he rushed over to hug him.

 

"Yoseob! You are alright..." Jiyong breathed. "I was so worried..."

 

"Jiyong, what happened? You look terrible..." Yoseob asked worriedly.

 

Jiyong shook his head. "Nah, I am okay. You should worry about yourself more," Jiyong said, trying to smile and look fine, but failing as he did so.

 

"Did you see Hyunseung in the-" Yoseob stopped himself. He noticed how Jiyong's face hardened when he mentioned the name. Yoseob mentally smacked himself. How could he not have noticed it? He knew Jiyong liked Hyunseung. It was only natural that he would be stressing over him, if he wasn't about anything else.

 

"No," Jiyong said, furrowing his eyebrows. Then his eyes widened.

 

"Hyunseung's here?"

 

Just then, the door opened. Hyunseung stepped in, holding onto his phone. Hyunseung looked at Jiyong, his eyes widening slightly.

 

"...hi," Hyunseung said, his voice full of uncertainty. Jiyong looked at Hyunseung for a moment, unspeaking, before he finally mumbled a 'hello' in return.

 

Hyunseung furrowed his eyebrows, but didn't say anything. He grabbed his bag that was by Yoseob's side, talking hurriedly.

"I have to go back to train, Yoseob, I told Dongwoon and Junhyung that you were okay, we'll come by later on, since you have Jiyong hyung here now,"

 

"Ok, see you..." Yoseob said, waving goodbye to Hyunseung.

 

Jiyong didn't bother to say goodbye, and instead kept his eyes focused on his fingernails, which seemed pretty interesting at the moment.

 

Hyunseung narrowed his eyes and walked out of the room, a little storm in his steps.

 

Jiyong looked at his retreating back, and sighed. Yoseob bit his lips, unsure of what to say.

 

"Hyunseung did something, didn't he?" Yoseob whispered. He put his hands on Jiyong's, comforting his hyung.

 

Jiyong shook his head again. It was as if Yoseob was the hyung, not Jiyong.

 

"It wasn't something he did..." Jiyong said, not denying the fact that Hyunseung was indeed the root of his problem. Jiyong was struggling with whether or not to tell Yoseob, but decided against it.

 

"You don't have to force yourself, Jiyong, but just know you can tell me anything," Yoseob stressed.

 

Jiyong smiled a slight genuine smile, and nodded. He reached for the bag he brought, and smiled.

 

"Look what I brought Yoseob! Some authentic ramen, from the Japanese store downtown," Jiyong said.

 

Yoseob chuckled, happy. Jiyong smiled. He had been bringing ramen to Yoseob almost everytime he was free from his schedule, but Yoseob was never awake, at least until now.

 

Yoseob tucked into his ramen, and almost spitted his mouthful out when he heard a groan at the side of the room. He had forgotten that Doojoon was there.

 

"Something smells good," Doojoon said, staring at the ramen Jiyong brought. He saw Yoseob sitting up and gasped slightly in surprise.

 

"You are up! Thank god, and I thought I was in bad condition..."

  

Doojoon walked over to eat out of Yoseob's ramen bowl, not noticing his slight blush when he did so.

 

"Oh, by the way, who helped us that night?" Yoseob decided to ask, directing his question at Jiyong. Doojoon stopped eating, and looked at Jiyong.

 

"Lee Joon," Doojoon said, shrugging as if it wasn't a big deal. Jiyong nodded, when he saw Yoseob's shocked expression.

 

"He suddenly came running to me, when I was checking on the checkpoints and stuff. He was slightly hysterical, dragging me to the both of you before he even stopped to tell me what happened," Jiyong said.

 

Doojoon chuckled, "He is changing into the Lee Joon I know, slowly. He hasn't been the same ever since the incident."

 

"I expect a raise, by the way, for saving your ," Jiyong said pointedly at Doojoon. Doojoon pointed his chopsticks at Jiyong,

 

"Don't push your luck, smartass,"

 

Yoseob felt as if there was something he was being left out on. Doojoon knew Lee Joon before? What incident?

 

But before he could ask, a nurse stuck her head into the ward.

 

"Yang Yoseob sshi?" she asked, and Yoseob raised his hand for affirmation.

 

"Please follow me to Dr. Kim for the removal of your cast,"

 

Yoseob nodded, and stepped out of bed. His legs wobbled for a bit for having not walked around for 2 weeks, but he managed to wave goodbye at Doojoon and Jiyong, and followed the nurse to a separate office.

 

--------

 

Yoseob stretched his right arm in and out, testing it a bit. Dr. Kim said that in around two days time, he would be able to dance and train again. Yoseob walked back to his ward, and blinked in surprise as he saw a woman he didn't know beside Doojoon's bed. Doojoon was sleeping again, and the woman looked irritated. She clicked her tongue impatiently, and snapped at Jiyong, who was still beside Yoseob's bed.

 

"He has been sleeping? This whole time?"

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes.

 

"For the hundredth time, yes,"

 

Yoseob walked towards his bed, and Jiyong breathed in relief as he saw him approach.

 

"How is your arm?"

 

Yoseob nodded and smiled, moving his arm to let Jiyong see for himself. Yoseob climbed into bed and turned to see that the woman was looking at him. She was pretty, but the expression on her face spelled one word: annoying. She looked as if someone had just peed on her Sunday shoes.

 

The woman looked at Jiyong, as if waiting for an introduction. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Jiyong roll his eyes again.

 

"Yoseob, this is Gayoon. Gayoon, Yoseob,"

Yoseob bowed his head, and Gayoon did the same too. The scowl on her face disappeared and was instead replaced by a wide smile, so wide it was fake and creepy.

 

"Hello,"

 

Gayoon said. But then she turned back to the sleeping Doojoon, and sighed. She picked up her handbag at the side of the bed.

 

Yoseob noticed that she was wearing branded goods from top to bottom. A Zara trenchcoat, Christian Louboutin high heels, Hermes handbag...

Heck, she was a walking advertisement.

 

"Jiyong, I am going, if he wakes up, tell him I dropped by," Gayoon said. She smiled and waved goodbye to Yoseob, and strutted off out of the ward, her heels clicking noisily on the polished marble floors.

 

"Is she gone?" Yoseob snapped his head around at the voice. Doojoon had his eyes closed, but yet he was whispering out of the corner of his mouth. Jiyong walked silently to the door and stuck his head out, looking left and right.

 

"Coast is clear,"

 

Doojoon opened his eyes and breathed a sigh of relief. Both him and Jiyong looked at Yoseob, who was looking quizzically at them.

 

"Haha, long story, Yoseob," Jiyong said, walking over to sit in the stool beside Yoseob's bed again.

 

--------

 

"Her father is Lee Soo Man?"

 

Yoseob was shocked. That woman was the daughter of one of the most famous CEOs in the country, who runs SM Entertainment. The company held some of the countries' hugest stars, mainly focusing on girl bands like SNSD, 4minute and such.

 

But recently, the company has been having a lot of rumors about their stars, rumors about how the stars have 13 year long 'slave' contracts with little money and no rest.

 

"And she was your girlfriend?"

 

"EX-girlfriend," Doojoon stressed, embarrassed. Heck, he only dated her because his father needed the publicity when Cube just started. But the problem was, Gayoon wasn't aware of his feelings for her.

 

Yoseob scratched his head, taking all this in. He excused himself, saying he needed to go to the bathroom for a while.

 

When Yoseob left the room, Jiyong turned to Doojoon.

 

"You need to have a real break up with Gayoon, now, and not just a one-sided one. You know pretending to sleep and avoiding her won't do you any good,"

Doojoon sighed, feeling frustrated.

 

"I know, Jiyong, I know,"

 

"You better get this cleared soon, you are messing the kid up," Jiyong said, nodding his head towards Yoseob's bed. Not waiting for Doojoon to figure out what he meant, he stood up and left the ward, leaving Doojoon confused and more stressed than ever.

 

Hello everyone, just letting you guys know that I have managed to reach 100 subscribers :) I would like to thank all of you who has supported me, and I promise to continue to improve my fanfics and update with longer, better quality chapters in future :)

Thanks to those who commented:

bigbangvip

jinchangyu

BlackEttWhite

purrrplehong13

Glesh_sjcouples

cherry

meco_comain

MoonLight7

B2UTYShawol

AyumiLikesSHINee

Toxic-Love

shimika

Duaiwoon

myylove

selly_cutie

JiMi_Maknae18

ReddyHong

xiaochuan

LoVe2YYS

straightcut

Nyam-Nom

sungjonglove

Shiningbeats

iMiloAddict

cheriehime

Gohannah4444

feerafiera

nomnomninja

noramaia

Yoseoblover123

lollysheep

Fiction24

CupNoodles4319

keyissodamnawesome

Special thanks to these awesome readers who comment regularly <3:

cheriehime

myylove

nomnomninja

noramaia

AyumiLikesSHINee

Glesh_sjcouples

MoonLight7

 

My 1st and 100th subscriber:

1) bigbangvip <<< lol I am surprised you haven't unsubscribed xD

100) lovexoxo65

btw, Gayoon wins for Doojoon's girlfriend with 19 votes!

Gayoon - 19 votes

OC - 18 votes

Jessica - 14 votes