The start of a dream? Or a nightmare...

No way! I am straight...right?

 

Double update, so if you haven’t read the previous chapter, please do ^^

 

Yoseob was sitting across Doojoon at a cafe, drumming his fingers on his lap anxiously. Ever since Doojoon's confession, he hadn't been able to look at him straight in the eye. Yoseob was feeling oh-so happy inside.

 

Happy was an understatement. Yoseob was dying there and then, unsure of what to do. Ever since twenty minutes ago when Doojoon confessed, he had not been able to think straight.

 

His heart was pounding against his ribcage, and his face was pink and sweaty. Every now and then he would look towards Doojoon for some reactions, but seeing none, he would look down at his lap again, disappointed.

 

Is this a date? This must be right? What am I supposed to do now? Oh no it's 11 already, Hyunseung is probably going crazy right now!

 

Yoseob thought to himself worriedly, not wanting to worry his friend but not wanting to leave as well.

 

Anyone who was able to top Yoseob's anxiousness at the time would probably be Doojoon.

 

Oh My God. What did I just do. What did-did I just. I said it. I said. Oh yes, hehehehe stop it. Stop it Doojoon, you sound like a pedo. Okay, now what. Am I supposed to ask him out on dates? Wait. Does he even like me? He does right?

 

Doojoon cracked his knuckles uncomfortably and spoke,

 

"So..."

 

At the mention of the word, Yoseob's ear perked up. He glanced at Doojoon, waiting for him to continue.

 

"I...I just confessed," Doojoon mentally smacked himself for being an idiot. He just wasn't used to this, liking a guy. He was a smooth talker to girls, that's for sure, but the way he was acting with Yoseob...he prayed that the paparazzi weren't stalking them right now.

 

Yoseob giggled, and Doojoon looked at Yoseob, smiling. He scratched the back of his neck nervously.

 

"So, does this mean we can go on dates or something like that now?" Doojoon said.

 

Yoseob froze. He looked at Doojoon, unsure of what to say. Sure, he liked Doojoon a lot, but can this really happen?

 

"Doojoon hyung, you have a whole company to look after..." Yoseob started. He had been asking himself this question for the past few months, whenever the thought of dating Doojoon came to mind. Back then, he would remind himself of the few thousand reasons of why he couldn't date Doojoon, and looking after Doojoon's image was one of it.

 

Doojoon was a director of a company, a CEO, for goodness sake. What if news about him being gay was leaked to the public? He is so successful right now, dating someone, even if it was a female, would be out of the question.

Doojoon stared at his lap, dumbfounded. He hadn't really thought of the prospect of that. He sighed, irritated. This was one of the reasons why he hated being someone with influence. Your every movement is judged by the public, but no one ever listens to what you would think.

 

But he didn't want this, he really wanted to go steady with Yoseob.

 

He laughed suddenly, making Yoseob look up at him, startled.

 

"I swear, you are the only one who can make me feel so confident about throwing away everything," Doojoon said, reaching over to pinch Yoseob's cheek.

 

Yoseob gave a small 'eep' and rubbed the spot where Doojoon pinched, unable to comprehend what was Doojoon trying to say.

 

"You are going to give up Cube?" Yoseob asked, flabbergasted.

 

"No! Of course not!" Doojoon said, startled at the very thought of that. "I really want a relationship with you, but let's just keep it low for the moment."

 

Yoseob thought for a while, but shook his head again, "But I am a trainee, and you are the Director, if this ever goes out to the public..."

 

Doojoon pouted, "Are you making up excuses for us not to date? Yoseob, is it because you don't like me?"

 

Yoseob gasped at what Doojoon had said, and shook his head furiously, "NO! I mean-I really like Doojoon hyung..." he said, holding his head in his hands, embarrassed. If anything, he should have been the one to confess, not Doojoon.

 

"When did this start, anyway?" Yoseob enquired, curious.

 

Doojoon blushed, and he looked away awkwardly. "During camp I guess? I don't really know...argh..." Doojoon said, and tried to quickly slurp the hot milk he had ordered just now. "Ah!" he nearly shouted when he scalded his tongue.

 

Yoseob laughed as he looked at the way the usual, serious Director was acting. He smiled, unable to believe anything that was happening.

 

--------

 

Yoseob tiptoed into the dorm nervously, not wanting to wake anyone up. All the lights were switched off when he walked into the room, and he presumed that everyone was asleep.

 

Oh how wrong he was.

 

He yelped as the bathroom door across his shared bedroom with Dongwoon opened and he was pulled into it.

 

"What the-Hyung!" Yoseob said, realizing it was Hyunseung who pulled him into the bathroom.

 

"What are you doing?" Yoseob asked, puzzled. Hyunseung looked so serious, and Yoseob was unsure of whether he was angry or not.

 

"I know I came back late, but can I go sleep now?" Yoseob yawned, trying to escape from Hyunseung, but failed to as Hyunseung had a vice-like grip on his arm.

 

"Why were you with the Director?" Hyunseung blurted.

 

Yoseob's eyes widened. He had just agreed with Doojoon to keep their relationship a secret for now, and Hyunseung already knew?

 

"He...he had to ask me about the forms for the project group we are in," Yoseob stuttered nervously, praying that Hyunseung would buy it.

 

"Why did he hug you then?" Hyunseung asked, suspicious. Yoseob died a bit on the inside.

 

"How did you know?" Yoseob asked, wincing as he tried to free himself from Hyunseung's grip. Hyunseung refused to let go and said,

 

"I went out to look for you just now, and I saw you and the Director outside of Cube, hugging each other like nobody's business, at first I thought he was going to you, and I was going to call for help, but then he released you and both of you went into a cafe,"

 

Hyunseung narrowed his eyes. "Mind telling me what exactly happened?"

 

Yoseob gulped, and seeing that there was no way out of this, he started to tell Hyunseung about Doojoon's confession. Hyunseung's jaw went slack as he processed what Yoseob was talking about.

 

When Yoseob finished, Hyunseung was looking really distressed and worried.

 

"But did you tell him about how you were a trainee and things weren't going to work out?"

 

Yoseob meekly shook his head.

 

"Yang Yoseob! You are a trainee! Even if he liked you, you shouldn't have agreed! What if this gets out? What if the public knew about our Director being gay with one of the trainees under him? What would you do then?"

 

Yoseob bit his lip. He tried to tell Doojoon too, but Doojoon had insisted.

 

"I don't know hyung, but I really like the Director too..." Hyunseung looked at Yoseob, unsure of whether to encourage his dongsaeng or to insist that they stop. He knew about Yoseob's little crush on the Director way before the camp and all, but he didn't know it would escalate into something big like this.

 

But before he could tell Yoseob about what he thought, the door to the bathroom opened. It was Junhyung.

 

"Hyun-Yoseob?" Junhyung asked, his small eyes inflating at the sight of the two. Hyunseung gasped and let go of Yoseob's arm, and then started pushing Junhyung out of the bathroom.

 

"It's not what you think-you, go back to your room," Hyunseung said to Junhyung, then to Yoseob, who was still standing awkwardly in the bathroom. Hyunseung pushed Junhyung into the bedroom, and Yoseob heard the door shut.

 

He breathed and he turned to look at the bathroom mirror, and saw that his face was still flushed and pink from the all the events that happened that day.

 

He pinched himself, and winced from the pain.

 

Yup, it definitely wasn't a dream.

 

But would it turn into a nightmare?

 

 

Double update, so please don’t kill me (/TT^TT)/ I have a reason for everything~