Fifth spot

Spotted Love

Snow leopard POV

Finally, he had recovered.

He seemed to know that I could understand his words and thus...

"Everyone must be worried about my disappearance. I need to go back," he said.

"Back?" I thought.

I supposed that meant that he had to go back to the human territory. As much as I did not want him to leave, I had to bring him back. He did not belong to the forest. This was not his home. With that thinking, I rose and strode out of the cave. This time, he knew that he had to follow. We maneuvered our way through the forest. The nearest human habitat I knew was two miles away. When we were halfway there, he grabbed my tail, tugging it gently.

"Can we stop for awhile? I'm tired..." he whined.

I brought myself to a halt and sat down.

"Thank you," he panted while having his hands on his knees.

Then, he sat down on the grass and leaned himself on me. In return, I gave him a headbutt.

Did you remember that I said that I would not be so kind the next time?

He saw the evil glint in my eyes. He punched me playfully. Then, I got up and he fell to the ground.

I scampered away.

"Yah! You get back here!" he shouted and he broke into a run.

He would not be able to outrun me. After all, I had four legs and he only had two. So, I slowed down a little so he would not get lost. Just then, I heard other human voices. I could not hear what the voices were saying. I quickly made a u-turn and charged towards him. I grabbed the cloth on him with my mouth and jumped into the bushes.


Yunho POV

"Why did you do that for?" I asked.

The snow leopard just glared at me. I swallowed hard and kept quiet. Why do we need to hide?

"Yunho... Prince Yunho..." I heard after a couple of minutes.

My men were looking for me. I stepped out of the bushes but, I was pulled back into it again. The snow leopard was staring at me, as if it was warning me that I should not go out and that it was dangerous to do so. I sighed.

"It's alright," I reassured.

I stood up again and went towards the direction of the voices. Cautiously, the snow leopard followed behind me but at a further distance than usual. When my men came into sight, I shouted to them. They rushed to me and bombarded me with a lot of questions and apologised that they were unable to find me any sooner.

"Bang!" a gun sounded.

I turned around and saw the snow leopard swaying. Then, it fell to the ground with a thud.

I shouted at the man who fired the gun.

"How could you?!" I bellowed across.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" he pleaded and went down on his knees.

Then, one of the burly men walked towards it and lifted it up easily, placing it over his shoulder. The snow leopard's back was facing me. That was strange. There was no blood, only a protruding thing stuck on its bottom.

"It's tranquilizer, Your Highness. It would make a magnificent pet in the castle," the burly man said.

I heaved a sigh of relief. I forgave the man who fired and he stood up, thanking me. I brushed this matter aside. As long as the snow leopard was safe, I would not pursue this matter any further. It was my life saviour after all.

"Bring the horses here!" the commander demanded his men.

When the horses came, I mounted the horse and insisted that the snow leopard should be on a horse as well. I even made the burly man stand by the horse to prevent it from sliding off the horse. In a distance were the hazy towers of the Dong Bang castle and colourful flags flying from the battlements. I was glad that I was going to be back home.

My eyelids started to get heavy. I flattened myself against the powerful neck of the horse and darkness hooded me.




________________________________________________
And so, Yunho is going back home. He even brought the snow leopard along. Hehe! How's this chapter? Do comment^^