Twenty eighth spot

Spotted Love

3rd person POV

The very morning, Jaejoong left the maids' quarter earlier than the rest. He did not want people asking him a whole lot of questions as to why he went to work early. He went to the kitchen and took a few pieces of food and wrapped them up. He was planning to skip the usual breakfast that everyone had together. Silently, he inched past the hallway and headed towards the stables.

When Jaejoong arrived, Yunho was not there yet. Just then, he heard a vehicle driving past. It halted and the engine stopped soon after. He ran towards the sound.

"Kyuhyun-sshi," panted Jaejoong. He bent over and rested his hands on his knees to catch his breath. After that, he looked up. "You're here again." 

Kyuhyun jumped down from his truck and said,"Yeah."

Walking over to the end of his vehicle, he climbed up and brought down stacks of hay that were shaped like cuboids.

"Need help?" Jaejoong offered.

Kyuhyun looked at the great amount of hay in his truck and then, at Jaejoong. "Yes, please." He handed Jaejoong a block of hay and went up to take more.

Kyuhyun entered the barnyard first, followed by Jaejoong. Kyuhyun stopped in his tracks, making Jaejoong collided into him. "Sorry!" Jaejoong said apologetically. However, there was no reaction from him. Jaejoong glanced over Kyuhyun's shoulder. 

There was a stunning man who was leaning against the wooden wall. He had arms crossed over his chest. He dressed so well that he seemed so out of the place.

"Yunho," Jaejoong called out.

Yunho turned towards the source and saw them. Upon hearing the name, seeing how he was dressed and feeling the aura emitted from the man, Kyuhyun came to the conclusion that that man before him was none other than the older prince of Dong Bang Kingdom, Prince Yunho. Swiftly, he gave a ninety degrees bow. 

"Your Highness," Kyuhyun greeted.

Yunho narrowed his eyes and spoke in a doubtful tone, "Are you by any chance, Kyuhyun?"

Kyuhyun shot up from his stance. "Yes, Your highness." Why would the prince know the existence of commoner from a neighbouring country? Before he ever had the opportunity to ask, Yunho talked.

"Jae...joong," he began. "Please leave."

Jaejoong left the stables. 

Yunho sauntered nearer to him as he scrutinised Kyuhyun from head to toe.

"Not bad," said Yunho as he stopped just in front of Kyuhyun.

Their eyes met.

"Eh?" Kyuhyun said. "Please forgive me for being unable to comprehend what you had said."

Yunho chuckled, "Princess Taeyeon. Does that ring a bell?"

Kyuhyun's eyes widened in shock.

"You do know that she's here, don't you?" asked Yunho.

Kyuhyun wanted to speak but, the words were stuck in his throat. With that, he simply nodded.

"She's pregnant, and I know that it's yours," Yunho said. He moved closer towards Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun staggered backwards and when all of his enery left him, he fell to the ground, crumbling into a hump. Kyuhyun knew that Taeyeon was to be married to Yunho after she left. Now that the prince knew that Princess Taeyeon was pregnant and he was the cause, the prince would not just sit back and do nothing. Princess Taeyeon was going to his wife. How humiliating it would be if everyone knew that his fiancé had an affair and was carrying a child who belonged to that man? Surely, the prince would be furious.

Kyuhyun misunderstood Yunho's stare that was waiting for an answer as a fury glare.  Rubbing his palms together, Kyuhyun consistently begged Yunho not to hurt Taeyeon or the child. He would take any punishment given to him. Stunned by Kyuhyun's actions, Yunho just stood there. It was unexpected that it would come to that.

Yunho cleared his throat. "Did I mention anything about hurting anyone?" He asked with a tone of mischief. 

Giving the prince a dubious look, he said, "N-no, Sir."

Pulling Kyuhyun up, Yunho smiled at him. "So, do you still love her?" he was so straightforward.

"Y-yes," Kyuhyun said. He was certain that he would get a severe punishment for being so honest.

"Do you want to be with her?" 

"Yes," Kyuhyun said bravely. He figured that since he was going to be punished no matter what, he must as well be truthful. "but, I don't want her to suffer with me. I'm not someone who is great. I'm not influential or rich. I can't support her with what I have. I don't want her to feel burdened..." Sadness filled his eyes. "I just want her to be, to be happy."

"Don't belittle yourself. If you weren't so great, why Princess Taeyeon would fall for you?" Yunho said.

Was the prince cheering me up? Did he supported our relationship?  Kyuhyun thought. The prince was strange.

"Want to run away with her...again? I mean, she has your child and she's giving you another chance even though she's angry with you for wanting her to go back." said Yunho.

"I what?!" Kyuhyun exclaimed. The words that splurt out of Yunho's mouth never failed to surprise him; He was floored. 

"You know, elope? Or something?" Yunho answered casually as if it did not bother him a bit. "Hmm... But I guess, this isn't just your decision. It must be a mutual decision of you both. Why not talk to her?" Yunho mumbled.

Yunho did not understand Kyuhyun's exclamation. It was not because he did not understand his words. It was his disbelief that Yunho brought out that topic.

Yunho dragged Kyuhyun out of the stables. As he passed by Jaejoong, Yunho said thank you.

"Kyuhyun-sshi! Do you need me to help carry those hay into the warehouse?" Jaejoong shouted.

"No need! I'll come back and do the job!" Kyuhyun bellowed across the field. Then, he disappeared in the distance, together with Yunho.

Yunho went into the palace with ease. However, Kyuhyun who was trailing behind him was stopped by the guards.

"Mister, you're not allowed to enter," one of the guard said in a stern voice.

Yunho maneuvered around and told the guards that Kyuhyun was with him. The guards eyed the man and did a body search. The guards looked at each other and gave a stiff nod, removing their arms away so that Kyuhyun could have an access to the palace.

Yunho knocked on his room door.

"Hold on, I'm changing," Taeyeon said.

"Ok," Yunho replied.

"You may come in now," announced Taeyeon.

Yunho pushed opened the door, revealing a woman in a stunning dress. She straightened her dress and looked up.

"Prince Yunho, Good morning," Taeyeon greeted. "I was surprised that you weren't here this morning." 

Yunho mouthed a greeting. Grinning from ear to ear, he stepped aside. Kyuhyun appeared before Taeyeon's eyes.

"Kyuhyun..." Taeyeon gasped.

"Princess..." Kyuhyun called out, somehow feeling guilty.

"I'll leave you two to talk among yourselves," Yunho decided and left the room, closing the door behind him.

After a few minutes of silence, Taeyeon's shouts could be heard and muffled apologies from Kyuhyun soon followed.

"What's all the commotion about early in the morning?" yawned Yoochun as he came out of his room.

Junsu followed behind; he was waiting for Yunho to answer. Yunho jerked his head towards the direction of his room. 

"The lovers met," Yunho said, satisfied with his own doings.

"Oh," Yoochun said. "Great job, hyung! You work so fast."

"You too," Yunho laughed.

Yoochun cocked his head to the side.

"Junsu," Yunho whispered and smirked.

"Him?" Yoochun pointed behind him with a thumb. "We stayed up all night playing video games." Yoochun laughed nervously. "And finally gave up and fell asleep just a couple of hours ago."

"Nonetheless, great job. I see that both of you are getting closer," whispered Yunho.

Yoochun blushed. Then, he spun around. "I'll go to the dining hall first, with Junsu."

"Ok..."

Both of them stalked off to the place mentioned.

Moments later, Kyuhyun and Taeyeon emerged from the room.

"So?" Yunho asked.

"If it's alright, can we leave together?" asked Kyuhyun boldly.

"Sure. Not a problem. Any time," said Yunho.

"He's eager to not have me as a third wheel in his little relationship," Taeyeon joked.

Kyuhyun arched an eyebrow,"Huh?"

"It's ok if you don't get it, Kyuhyun," said Taeyeon.

"Yes, princess," replied Kyuhyun.

Taeyeon glared at him. "Informal, Kyuhyun. Informal."

"Tae," Kyuhyun attempted. "Taeyeon."

Bringing them back to the conversation, Yunho spoke, "When is your last trip here, delivering the hay?"

"The day after tomorrow, Your highness," said Kyuhyun. "Why you ask?"

"The plan," said Yunho. "I don't suppose you're leaving without any planning..."

"Oh, right." Kyuhyun said. 

"I'll call you around 9.30pm. Is it ok for you?" asked Taeyeon.

"Yeah. But, don't call my home phone. My roof leaked and the phone spoiled," Kyuhyun said, embarrassed.

Taeyeon giggled, "Ok."

Both Yunho and Taeyeon saw Kyuhyun off. He went back to the stables and did his work. On the other hand, Yunho and Taeyeon had their breakfast.

Later that day, Yunho figured that to get Taeyeon out of the palace unnoticed, he had no choice but to give her a piece of Jaejoong's clothing. She could sneak out without much suspicion. He took out a box filled with Jaejoong's stuff out of his cupboard and showed it to Taeyeon.

"Casual wear. Pick anything you like. It will be convenient if you wear one of these instead of the fanciful ones you always wear when you leave," Yunho said.

Taeyeon took the box and poured its content out on the floor. There were shirts, pants and simple yet sweet-looking dresses. There were also a bathrobe, a few squeaky toys and stuffed animals. Those toys were never used.

Taeyeon laughed upon seeing those. "What? Your pet ran away before it could play with them?"

Taeyeon was sharp. "Yeah..." Yunho lied once again about this matter. He could not possibly say that his pet turned into a human and it was Jaejoong, the maid. What more, they loved each other. To top it all, Jaejoong was a male.

(A/N: I'm sorry Jaejoong. I made it sound as if you aren't a male but used to be one. T.T I'm so so sorry...)

"Why are there female clothes here?" she continued. "Ah, Jaejoong's?"

Yunho nodded.

"What about the bathrobe?" she nosed.

"Jaejoong's," Yunho said.

"Oh," she said, wriggling her eyebrows. "She bathed here?"

Yunho knew what she was implying. He gave a shy reply, "Yes..."

"But, why are her clothes with the pet's stuff?" she questioned.

"Well, anything that's not mine goes into that box," Yunho answered lamely.

Taeyeon's lips formed a letter 'O' and she busied herself by choosing a set of clothing from the box.

"Are you sure it's alright to take what's hers?" Taeyeon made sure.

"Yes. Jaejoong doesn't even know these exist," laughed Yunho.

Taeyeon took a blouse and jeans. She headed to the bathroom to try them on. Minutes later, she came out. The shirt was slightly bigger than her frame and she had to fold up the jeans. They did not really fit her well.

"I think I will take the dress. The pair of jeans is too long for me," she commented.

With that, she took the dress into the bathroom and tried it on. Then, she came out. Although, it did not fit her perfectly, it was still passable.

Taeyeon spent the whole day sorting out which she would bring along with her and which to leave behind. At night, she called Kyuhyun and they talked about their plan.