Twenty sixth spot

Spotted Love

3rd person POV

The message that Yoochun received earlier that morning made him have to brace himself. It had to come no matter what.

'I will be coming to Dong Bang Kingdom next week. Noona was found.' Junsu's text message read.

Yoochun knew that his parents were serious about his brother's marriage. There was no turning back. After the rumours about Yunho having a woman started, the king had decided to bring forward the marriage to stop these rumours from spreading like wild fire. Yunho could not do anything to stop it. He could not tell his father that he had a lover that was so dear to him because that would only contradict what he had said before. It was confirmed that Yunho's and Taeyeon's marriage was to be announced to the public just a month before it was held. 

Yoochun did not want Jaejoong or his brother to suffer just because of an arranged marriage without love. The other party, Princess Taeyeon might not want this too.

"Wait... She did run away, didn't she? Maybe it's because she doesn't want to get married?" Yoochun thought, snapping his fingers. "I will talk to hyung about this and maybe, we can have some compromise and there won't be anymore marriage. Great idea!"

Yoochun jumped out of his chair and told this matter to his brother. It was decided that they should find out more when the princess arrived.

Time flies and it was the day that Princess Taeyeon come to stay at the Dong Bang castle in preparation of their marriage. Her limousine came through the grand palace gates and halted in front of the castle. The footman who had been standing by paced towards the car door and opened it. Prince Junsu came down first before lending his hand to help his sister down. Princess Taeyeon had a glum look on her face.

"Noona, please don't like that," Junsu pleaded.

Taeyeon huffed.

When Yunho came down to greet his life partner-soon-to-be, Taeyeon forced out a smile. She did not want to offend Yunho since she knew that he was not to blame for the stupid marriage that their parents arranged by themselves without concerning the two people involved. Yoochun, on the other hand, happily tagged along. Standing behind Yunho, Yoochun waved at Junsu and the latter grinned back in return. The other footmen came out from nowhere and helped them bring in the luggages. Junsu was staying too. He was told to stop his sister from running away again.

So, off Princess Taeyeon went to greet her future in laws. When she entered the hall and stepped on the red carpet, she did a curtsy, a perfect one. She had her right foot out and swept it to the side. With her left leg bent, she looked up and smiled. Yunho did a little bow of his own after strolling in a little later than Taeyeon. Yoochun and Junsu followed and did the same as what Yunho did.

"Good day, Your Majesties," Taeyeon said.

The king and queen welcomed their future daughter-in-law.

"The journey must have been tiring. Please take a rest and enjoy your stay here from now on," the queen said while the king nodded in agreement.

"Oh," the king said upon realisation."and who might that handsome man be?"

Junsu blushed and introduced himself.

"I hope you enjoy your stay here as well," the king said. Then, he eyed Yunho. "Yunho, Princess Taeyeon is tired so bring her to the room to rest."

"W-which one might that be?" asked Yunho, feeling uneasy.

"Well, of course, it's your bedroom." said Yunho's father.

Yunho gulped. Seeing Yunho's startled face, the king spoke. "I don't see anything wrong with it. So, get going!"

"Yes, Yunho. Do as your father says," the queen said. "Look, in a matter of weeks, you're going to be engage and in a matter of months, you're getting married. No problem at all."

"How could my parent do this to me?!" muttered Yunho as he led the princess to his room, no, their room.

Yoochun brought Junsu to the guest room.

"Is this room near my sister's? I have got to keep an eye on her...." Junsu said.

Yoochun cleared his throat, "Well, my room is the nearest one."

"Great! I will visit often," Junsu exclaimed.

Yoochun thought he hit jackpot and almost shouted like a mad man.

"See you around," Yoochun said and stalked off.

"Wait, you haven't told me where your room is," Junsu said.

"Ah," Yoochun said and pointed down the hallway. "the fifth door on your right after you come out of your room."

Even though 'fifth' seemed to say that the distance was not that far, it was quite a distance away - two hundred and fifty metres to be exact.

"Ok," Junsu said and pushed down the door handle.



Taeyeon POV

"Erm... Rest well. I-I'll be going n-now," Prince Yunho stuttered.

When he was no longer in the room, I changed into a comfortable outfit and sat on the bed. It was nothing like my own or the one that I slept on while I was away from home. It was completely different.

"Kyuhyun... How could you? We could have been happy together if it won't for you shouldering all the burden and finally getting too tired. Don't you know? I'm carrying your child. I wanted to surprise you that day but, it turned out to be like that," I mumbled.

"Go back, princess. Go back and wear clothes that fit you." the voice echoed in my head.

Unknowingly, I started tearing. I sobbed and sniffled and then, stopped. I fell into the comfort of the cushions and mattress, tired of what I had went through.

By the time I woke up, it was already dusk. I checked the time. It was 10pm. I sat up, determined of what I should do. It was my baby I would  have it no matter what the consequences were. I had a plan in mind. I wanted to make people think that the child was Prince Yunho's so that I could have it without much conflicts. No matter what, I must not give up! I clenched my fist and placed it close to my heart. I would do it! No, I must succeed.

Just then, a maid came into the room, pushing in a trolley of food.

"Your Highness, Prince Yunho had asked for a meal to be brought up," she said and lifted up the metal lid.

The aroma drifted to my nostril and my stomach growled. She set the food on the table and arranged the cutlery. Then, she bowed and gestured me to take a seat. I got off the bed and straightened my clothes. I walked over and sat down, taking a napkin to put over my lap. The maid stood by as I wolfed down the food as gracefully as possible. I was hungry. I skipped tea time and dinner. As I was having my meal, I felt eyes burning into my back. It gave me the shivers.

When I was done, I wiped my mouth and looked up. I saw a bottle of red wine in the bottom part of the trolley.

"Perfect!" I thought as an imaginary light bulb lit up in my head.

The maid proceeded to clear away the utensils.

"May I have that bottle of wine?" I asked.

The maid tilted her head at me. I pointed at the liquor. She nodded and opened the bottle of wine. She pour the contents into a glass oh-not-so-skillfully and placed the bottle beside it. With that, she turned and pushed the cart away. At the same time, Prince Yunho entered the room.

"Jae," he paused."joong."

It seemed that Prince Yunho just wanted to say 'Jae'. The maid who I presumed her name was Jaejoong stared right into Prince Yunho's eyes. She had guts. I had never seen anyone looking at a person of royal blood in that manner, especially one that had lower authorities. Stealthily, I slipped a pill into the glass of wine and poured myself another glass. After swirling the liquid, I sipped a little.

"I must be going now. Good night, Your Highnesses," Jaejoong said and gave me a sideway glance.

Prince Yunho reached out his hand, but he stopped it in mid-air, then, letting it fall back to his side. He sighed.

"You will sigh your happiness away, my future husband," I commented.

He cringed. After gaining his composure, I paced over to me.

"I thought you don't approve of this marriage... like me..." He said. "Isn't that the cause of why you running away?"

I gasped. He knew about it, part of it.

"No. I'm perfectly alright with this marriage," I bluffed but I did not do a good job; my words were filled with sarcasm.

My inner self wanted to scream that that was not the case. He laughed. It was a bitter one.

"By the way, do you have a thing for maids?" I nosed.

"No." It was a firm answer. Then, what was with him and Jaejoong action a little while ago?

"I have a favour to ask of you," I said. "Come, let's talk as we commemorate of our marriage with a glass of wine."

Prince Yunho sat down and I offered him the glass of wine that I had spiked. He narrowed his eyes at the beverage.

"Please don't notice anything. Please don't notice anything. Please don't notice anything," I prayed.

Then, he sipped at it. I let out a breath that I did not know I was holding. 

He put down the glass and asked, "What's it you want to ask?"

He swayed a little and he fell forward. I caught he just in time.

"I ask for you," I said. "... To be the father of my child."

I dragged him to the bed. He was so heavy. The job was so tiring that I needed to stop to catch my breath. After a few moments of panting, I continued. I had to take off all his clothes. I was not going to have any piece of evidence left on him that he might say that he was not responsible for my pregnancy. This act had to be convincing. When I came to his boxers, I hesitated. Then, I grabbed the blanket and covered his lower part of his body. My hand went under the sheets and searched for the band of his underwear. Once found, I pulled it down. I peered at his face. He had such handsome features.

"Sorry," I mouthed and started working on my clothes.

As I was fumbling my fingers around my clothes nervously, a cloth was flopped down on me.

Who?

I turned and looked at Prince Yunho. He was awake. How was it possible?

"Now, shall we proceed with our conversation? Dear wife?" Prince Yunho spoke.

I was so stunned that I lost my words for a moment.

"How?" it was the only word that managed to escape from my mouth.

"I have stronger tolerance for poison or medicine or drugs." he said. "Also, I heard from your brother of what you are capable of. So, you should say that I'm rather prepared for this. I just did not expect it to be so quick."

My jaw dropped.

"So, was playing with dolls one of your favourites?" he asked.

"No!" I shouted; my face was red with embarrassment and anger.

He chuckled then, he got serious.

"Then, do u wish to have my child?" Prince Yunho questioned, picking up his clothes as he did so.

"Eew, no!" I exclaimed. "I'm already carrying a child."

I had decided to no longer hide it. While putting on my top, I told him everything.

I loved Kyuhyun. I wanted to be his wife, but due to our status difference and this arranged marriage, we had to run away in order to be together. He agreed on it. I felt that we could be together. He even asked if it was alright for him to hold me in that humble place. Of course, I agreed. However, I was nothing but a princess that he should respect and care for. He tried to shoulder every single responsibility. Finally, he got tired.

When I had decided to run away, I was prepared to work in the field and live with a tight budget. He should at least allow me to share some of his burdens. One day, he told me to go back home. He said that I did not belong there, living like a commoner. I got frustrated and went back to the palace. I would marry anybody and lead a life filled with misery so that he would think that he made the wrong choice of letting me go.

"I don't think that even if I don't love you, I would mistreat you to the point that you will live a miserable life...."Prince Yunho commented.

"Please allow me to have this baby. It's the only connection left between him and me," I begged.

"What if I said no?" He asked.

I never thought about it, so I just shrugged my shoulders. Then, he ruffled my hair.

"You've been strong. Yes, I will let you if that is what you want," he said and gave a smile that was so warm that it touched my heart.

"Thank you!" I said, almost crying for happiness.

"Pregnant woman should have the soft and comfy bed. I shall sleep on the couch," he said.

"No, no. You have already done so much for me." I said.

"Much? It's just one thing. Trust me, I have been through a lot in the forest so a couch is just fine for me. Just have the bed." He insisted.

"Ok..." I said.