Eighteenth spot

Spotted Love

3rd person POV

"Good morning, girls," Matron Lee woke the girls. "Please get ready within thirty minutes. Don't be late again." She emphasized on the word, 'again'.

Not wanting to hear another lecture from their head of training, they bolted out of their bed. Jaejoong who was trying hard to hide his gender woke up earlier than the rest and occupied the bathroom. Changing was the first thing he did. When he was done, he flung opened the door.

"Good morning, Jaejoong. Aren't you being so fast again this time?" joked Tiffany while she was zipping up her uniform.

Jaejoong smiled shyly and, ran the comb through his long and wavy hair. The other five who had changed squeezed themselves into the bathroom to brush their teeth. Although there was only one bathroom, it had room for more than five people. It has three cubicles for showering and an elongated sink. However, Jaejoong would always lock the main door, preventing the rest from using them.

"Since we are done, let's go!" Minah said, dragging Jaejoong out with her.

The others followed behind.

After breakfast...

"Here we go again..." grumbled Hyeri, rolling her eyes.

The trainees were back in the lecture room again and was given a long talk by their head of training. When the people had settled down, she handed out a stack of notes, known as the 'Maid's handbook'. Everything that she taught the day before was inside.

"Yura yah, all your efforts has gone to waste," Hyeri said, patting on her shoulder.

Yura nodded and puffed up her cheeks. Jaejoong was rather confused on what was going on. When the person in front of him passed the stack of paper to him, Jaejoong took one and passed the rest to Jessica. Jaejoong flipped through the pages and stumbled upon a picture of Yunho.


Jaejoong POV

I traced my fingers along the picture and stared at it.

"Yunho..." I mumbled.

It was the first time not seeing Yunho for more than twelve hours. I missed him.

"Does he miss-" My thoughts were interrupted.

"Kyah! It's Yunho and Yoochun. Kyah!" several girls screamed.

"Quiet down, girls! Today, we will be learning who the royalties and the others are. At the same time, know how to greet them," Matron Lee said.

I did not know whether I was correct or not but I just had a feeling that this batch of maids had an ulterior motive as to why they would be here. However, I could not say that I did not have one after all. I came to be a maid because I needed freedom. I wondered what theirs were...

"Hey, Jaejoong!" Sunny called out.

"Huh?" I answered, turning my head towards her.

"Aren't you staring a little too hard into Prince Yunho's picture? Did you fall in love with him already?" Sunny asked, raising her eyebrows.

"I-" I was cut off when Jessica nudged me; she was just sitting beside me.

"Omo! Is that true? Prince Yunho is handsome, isn't he?" Jessica laughed.

"I-" I was cut off again.

"Girls! Keep quiet!" Matron Lee screeched across the room.

"Owiee... My ears!" I thought.

Back to the lesson, Matron Lee taught us all the high rank officers and the royalties. Yunho was there, so was Yoochun, their father and mother and even the man that shot me. It turned out that he was the lieutenant. The amount of people that I had to know was a lot. I could almost feel that my head was going to explode.

The long and dreadful three hours of lecture was finally over and we had lunch.

I kind of miss the food I had in Yunho's room. They were so appetising unlike what I ate every meal. I played with my food.

"Not hungry?" Minah asked.

I shook my head. Instantly, her arm shot across me and took a couple of carrot slices from my plates.

"Yummy, I never had such wonderful meal in my whole life until I entered the palace," Minah said, stuffing with food.

Hyeri who was sitting just in front of me gestured me to move nearer to her. I bent forward and she brought her hand up to my ear.

"Just like her be. She has been eating porridge all the time with hardly any meat," Hyeri whispered to me.

I nodded, showing that I understood her plight. Actually, I did not because it had never occurred to me in my entire snow leopard life. I hunted, ate and slept with a full stomach everyday then.

After lunch, our lessons continued. However, it was not at all those that we had to sit down and Matron did all the talking. Matron Lee said that we would be learning fine dining etiquette. I had no idea what was it. I felt so clueless when she began. As she talked, we were supposed to follow her instruction and do as she said.

"Place the plate in the centre. Then, put the fork on the left side. The spoons and the knife on the right side, being the smaller spoon nearer to the plate. The wineglass is on the right side as well," Matron Lee said.

I panicked. Which was left and right? I always get them mixed up. To make matters worst, she was talking too fast. When most of the other girls were done, I was still fumbled around with the cutleries. Accidentally, I knocked down the wineglass. Thank goodness it did not break. Beads of perspiration rolled down my forehead, I could feel that Matron Lee was aware of my every action.

"Jaejoong, do you need help?" Yura asked.

I nodded my head desperately. She smiled kindly and took the cutleries out of my hands, placing them down on the clothed table without any hesitant.

"Thank you," I said.

Matron Lee continued to lesson. She taught us how to fold the napkins and place them on the plate. I had a difficult time. I only managed to get to it done all thanks to Yura. I could not thank her more for her help. One problem after the other. It was the left and right problem again. Matron Lee pushed in a trolley of food. The sight of it made me drool. She told us that the food should be served from the right of the person and the table should be cleared from the left. I took a piece of pastry using the tongs and darted my eyes from one side to the other. Which side was which side? Yura pointed her finger to one direction and I followed it. So, that was right. I placed the pastry down on the plate gently and sighed.

"I hope this ends soon..." I muttered under my breath.

I just knew that Matron Lee had been paying a lot of attention to my every move. It felt uncomfortable. Finally, the training ended. You could not believe how relieve I was.

However, just before we were going back to our room, Matron Lee asked that we had our IC and other documents by morning to record our details into the computer. I was panic stricken. What was an IC?


Changmin POV

Seeing that Jaejoong was panicking through this crystal ball of mine, I could not help to feel that I had to help him.

"Jaejoong, can you hear me?" I asked Jaejoong when I entered his mind.

Through the crystal ball, I saw him spinning around, looking for the source of the voice.

"Changmin here," I said.

"So it's you," Jaejoong said out loud.

Many people turned to look at Jaejoong. Most of them probably thought that Jaejoong was a little crazy in the head.

"Shh! Just think what you want to say or they will think that you are nuts, talking to yourself," I cautioned.

"What? I'm not nuts. I'm a human right now," said Jaejoong in his mind.

"Never mind that. Let's talk about more important things," I said.

"Hah! Are you saying that I'm not important?" Jaejoong said to me with his hands on his hips.

"No! You are the most important one here, but currently, there is a much more important problem we have to solve," I said sarcastically.

"And what is that?" Jaejoong asked.

"The IC?" I said.

"Oh... " Jaejoong said out loud, gaining attention from the people around again.

"Quit it, hyung! You are scaring people," I said.

"Oh, is that how you treat your hyung?!" Jaejoong asked. "If you were in front of me right now, I would have eaten you up. There's hardly any meat in my meal that I'm craving for some right now!"

"Hyung! You can't do that! What will happen to you if I'm not here?" I protested.

"Changmin, don't be so conceited," Jaejoong said.

"It's the truth. You need an IC and I'm giving one to you," I said.

"So what's an IC?"

I slapped my forehead and leaned back as far as possible. I sighed. Our Prince Yunho had forgotten about the most important that a citizen had to have.

"Identity card. If you didn't have it, they would lock you up behind bars since they will not be able to find another prove that you are a citizen. The country don't have a single record about you," I said.

"I get it," Jaejoong said.

I asked him to hold out his hands. When no one was looking, I made the IC appeared in his hands.

"There you go," I said.

"Thanks, pal!" Jaejoong said.

"You're very much welcome," I said acidly.

With that, I said goodbye. I always thought that Jaejoong was being unfair to me. He had always treated everyone with kindness and yet it was only me that he was always being brunt. I figured that I should be like him and slowly, we began to fight a lot.


Night came and the girls went back to their room. Some of them massaged their necks while others dragged their feet across the corridor. It was yet another tiring day for the girls.

"Erm... You all can go back without me first..." Jaejoong said.

His room mates stared at him in disbelief.

"Where will you be going?" Minah asked.

"I-I left something behind..." lied Jaejoong.

With that said, Jaejoong his heels and proceed down the hall. He missed Yunho dearly and wished that he could just get a glimpse of Yunho. He walked across the lounge and came to the lift. He waited eagerly for the door to slide opened. Never he did knew that he would come face to face with Matron Lee.

"Good evening, Matron Lee," Jaejoong bowed and greeted nervously.

"And what business do you have here, Jaejoong-sshi?

"I-I'm lost," stuttered Jaejoong.

Matron Lee narrowed her eyes. Jaejoong gulped.

"I'm in trouble," thought Jaejoong.

"You have a curfew to follow, so hurry up and go back to your room," said Matron Lee, pushing Jaejoong towards the maids' quarter.

Jaejoong turned his head towards the lift and had one more glance at it before going back.

Back at the room...

Jaejoong closed the door behind him and sighed.

"Aww, Jaejoongie, what's wrong?" Tiffany asked.

Jaejoong sighed again, "Nothing..."

"Are you sure? You look homesick..." Tiffany made sure. "Do you want to call home?"

Tiffany brought out her cell phone and handed it to Jaejoong. He stared at it for a moment.

"What's that?" Jaejoong questioned.

"Oh my gosh, Jaejoong! It's a phone, a phone!" Jessica exclaimed over Tiffany's shoulders.

"A phone? Doesn't a phone has a wide screen and you get things done with only tapping on the screen? This looks totally different," Jaejoong commented.

Laughter filled the room. Jaejoong looked at them, unsure of what was happening.

"There are many types. The one that you describe seems like a touch screen one," Sunny explained as she moved nearer to Jaejoong.

"Oh... But I can't call home," Jaejoong said.

"Why is that?" Sunny asked with concern.

"I just can't," drawled Jaejoong.

Jaejoong could not call Yunho. There was no way he could as he did not have Yunho's phone number.

"Ok then. Just remember that you always have us," Sunny said and grinned.

"Yura! Let's go over there and join the crowd. Leave your laptop for a while," Hyeri called out.

Yura got up and went over to the rest, pulling Minah along too.

"Jaejoong, you don't have a phone? Yay! We are together. I don't have one too," Minah said and hugged him.

"I think we have to go to bed now," said Tiffany.

Everyone got up their beds and pulled the covers over them except for Yura and Jaejoong. Yura went back to her computer and Jaejoong went to take a bath. He took off his wig and took a shower. Then, he dried his hair and placed the wig over his head before he exited the bathroom with the provided clothes.

"Yura, not going to sleep yet?" Jaejoong whispered when he came to her side.

"Nope, I will stay up a little longer," Yura said.

"Ok. What are you reading?" Jaejoong questioned curiously.

"Me?" Yura giggled. "I'm reading fan fictions."

"What's that?" asked Jaejoong.

Yura tittered,"Take a look for yourself."

Jaejoong bent down and scanned through the paragraphs of the webpage. Due to the light emitted from the computer screen, Yura caught a glimpse of something glimmering in the dark around Jaejoong's neck.

"Hey, what's that?" Yura asked, pointing towards Jaejoong's neck.

Jaejoong touched his collar and said, "This? It's a gift."

His eyes softened at the the thought of the present given by Yunho to him. Then, Jaejoong carried on reading. After coming upon a few words that he did not understand, he tapped on Yura's shoulder.

"I don't get the meaning of '', '' and ''. What do they mean?" asked Jaejoong.

Yura blushed, stuttering as she attempted to explain. Jaejoong still could not get it. It was difficult to teach a clueless person. Jaejoong shrugged and went to sleep while Yura continued to stay up late.

Poor Yunho. He did not know about what the batch of maids were doing to his Jae, polluting his innocent mind...