First spot

Spotted Love

3rd person POV

By the time dawn crept down Dong Bang Kingdom and filled the Mirotic Forest with long shafts of light, Yunho and six horsemen, on their stallions, were on their way through the  vegetation. Their eyes were fixed on the sun. They do not want to miss the opportunity to be able to hunt lots of animals. The sun was climbing higher and higher, veering southward, nearer and nearer above them. The weather was great. It was the best time to hunt as it was going to be winter soon and many animals were migrating to the lowland forest from the mountains.

"Hurry up! We still got a long way to go!" Yunho shouted to his men.

The bushes in front of them rustled. Yunho noticed and stretched his arm upwards, signalling his men to stop. He narrowed his eyes, staring at the shubs. Suddenly, a shriek could be heard and the situation became chaotic. An animal attacked them. The horses went crazy and galloped into different directions. Yunho pulled the rein and kept yelling for the horse to halt, but it was to no avail.

The horse continued its rummage through the forest. Then, a branch got in his way. When he was trying to get rid of it, he lost his grip on the rein and lost his balance. He was thrown off by the horse and rolled down the hill. He stopped at the foot of the hill and darkness overwhelmed him. He fell unconscious.

On the other hand, a snow leopard was following a herd which was migrating into the forest. He had come a long way down from the mountainous area in search for food. The carnivore was starving and he was looking for some wild sheep to fill its empty stomach. Aha! I found my prey, he thought. However, it was not a wild sheep; it is a Markhor. It was not his favourite but it was better than having nothing to eat. The predator ducked behind the bush, waiting for an opportunity to strike. It would not want its lunch to get away.

The snow leopard stalked the animal silently while keeping low. When the time was right, he pounced onto his prey and killed it. Then, he fed on it. When he had devoured his prey to its very bones, he heard a twig snapped. His ear turned back apprehensively towards the sound. There Yunho was, sprawling on the ground. Yunho tried to get up but, he could not do so.

"Urgh!" the injuried man winced.

Little did he knew that he had caught a snow leopard's attention.