Confession: Close Enough

Secret Love

YONGHWA POV

“Shinhye-ssi, would you like to watch a movie? How about your movies?” She looked at me. “Wae? Do you have discs of all that? Besides why are we going to watch? Aren’t we supposed to finish the piano lesson first?” Now I have to be honest. I look into her eyes and said “Mianhe Shinhye, I’ve actually memorized the chords long time ago. Sorry for my lies. I can’t think of any excuse to meet you up. Mianhe” Shinhye was shocked. Her eyes widen. I don’t know the level of her anger but I can see the surprise in her eyes but still, she managed to ask “Why, why did you do that?” This is it. Should I tell her? Ah think, think Yonghwa. Should I confess to her now? “Shinhye, I’d like to tell you something. “ She didn’t say anything so I continued. “S-Shinhye, I...”  =ding dong=

SHINHYE POV

Geeez! I’m anticipating it. What Yonghwa, what do you want to say? Yonghwa excuse himself and went to the door. I was really surprised with what he just said. Yeah, he lied to me but I just can’t get mad. How can I? He lied because he wants to see me! For God sake how can I get mad!! I put my hand to where my heart is. The beat of it is so fast, Yes, I’am so tense. I tried to calm myself.

Wait, is he going to confess to me? Does Yonghwa love me too? Oh my!.  I’m still lucky someone knocked on the door, even though it leaves me hanging, I don’t know if I can take a word from him anymore. I feel like breaking down now. “Park Shin Hye, put yourself together! Relax! Inhale, exhale. Okay good. One more time inhale, ex...” “Ms. Park Shin Hye?” I look at the person who just called out my name.

“Seohyun” she is so pretty, she looks feminine in her simple white dress. Seohyun is a member of a popular idol group in the country. Every member of that group is actually popular. 2 years ago, she and Yonghwa appeared in a variety show in which they’d act as a married couple. She bowed to me as she greets “Annyeong seo” I did the same. I glance at Yonghwa, he smiled nervously at me. Yeah, he really looks nervous. “I just live nearby. Actually, my family is on the second floor.” Seohyun said then smiled. I can’t help but smiled back at her. I know that CNBlue lives on the same building with Seohyun. It’s been 4-6mos if I’m not mistaken. No. Yonghwa never mentioned it to me but once, I chance upon an article about her and Yonghwa. It says there that they are in a “secret relationship” and living on the same building is one of the evidences. At that time, I just laugh it off. Yonghwa is single. He is not in a relationship because he never said anything to me. Even Jonghyun, Jungshin and Minhyuk are teasing us. Why would they do that if they know Yonghwa has a girlfriend? That’s why I never believe it. “I just brought some food for the boys. My mom baked it. I didn’t know you were here, but I’m glad to see you again. I’am a fan” Yeah, we meet again Seohyun. I first met you at the time you’re “married” to my Yonghwa. I can’t say those words to her even I want to. As far as I know she and Yonghwa are friends, but not really close. Never had Yonghwa talked about her nor invited her to parties on special occasions. I never saw her again after their show has ended. But I was wondering now. Since when did Seohyun start visiting Yonghwa or the CNBlue? Does Yonghwa visit her too?

YONGHWA POV

Shinhye really did look surprise. She didn’t say anything after Seohyun greeted her. Seohyun is talking to her but she didn’t utter a single word. Is this how mad she is she can’t even talk? Or her way of telling she doesn’t want to talk to me or to anyone at this time? Ah this is awkward.  “Shinhye, would you like to eat again? Seohyun brought us cupcakes. Do you want to eat it now?” “Wae? Ah annyeo. I’m still full.” Finally Shinhye talked. “Okay, Seohyun thank you for this. Please say our thank you to your mother too. Jonghyun, Minhyuk and Jungshin are not here, they all went to the grocery I guess.” “Aah, ne. Thank you too! I will leave now, please send my regards to the boys. Thank you Ms Shinhye! It’s nice to see you!” Shinhye looked at Seohyun, again her eyes widen in surprise. “Seohyun, I’m sorry. I was quite out of myself. Yonghwa just told me something before he opened the door, and that really put me into aaah shock?” Shinhye look at me and smiled. Whoa, I was taken aback. Nice one Shinhye. You just made my heart flutters. So she’s not angry at all. Should I continue with my confession when Seohyun leaves? “It’s okay Shinhye. Bye!” “Bye!” I accompanied Seohyun to the door and as soon as she left, I locked the door and excitedly came back to the dining room where Shinhye is.

But I didn’t find her in the room. “Shinhye where are you?” Then suddenly a pillow was thrown in my face. Yah!! “Yah Shinhye-ssi! Why did you do that?” Shinhye gave me a scary look, but she still manages to look pretty, and angelic. Hehe. “Why? You’re asking me why? I’ll leave now. Don’t follow me, I’m mad at you!” She said angrily. “Yonghwa-ssi give me space, I’ll talk to you again when I’m okay.” Good thing our friendship is like this. We know that the feeling of anger will soon subside so we don’t say any bad words toward each other but we just stay quiet, leave and ask to give each others’ space. I still tried to hold grip of her, but she just gave me a warning look. So I just walked back and raise both of my hands to the air. “Okay, Mianhe Shinhye. I don’t want you to go but it seems I can’t change your mind. I’m sorry okay. But please let’s wait for our driver to take you home” I guess the driver will take time before coming back, right? Jonghyun I will call you but please make sure you are in a faraway place. “I will call Jonghyun.” “Annyeo. No need. I called them up already.” Shinhye said. “In few seconds they are here.” I’m surprise. Is this true? “Wae?=ding dong=

 

With a frowned face, I walk to the door and saw my band mates’ face. All guys stared at me and mouthed their question. “What happened?” Shinhye said her goodbye then left. “Aaah !!!”