At the Restaurant

Secret Love

YONGHWA POV

I looked at the three other boys. They’re grinning from ear to ear. Is this how happy they are to see Shinhye? They forced her to go with us to the restaurant. I know Shinhye is making up excuses to avoid me, I’m trying to avoid her too, and the guys knew that very well. But why did they do this? What are they up to? Is it because of what happened last night? Yeah, I think they’re planning onto something. It’s pretty doubtful that they know Shinhye is here. And Minhyuk had been very obvious throughout the movie. He was quite a nuisance a while ago because he kept moving and moving. I couldn’t count how many times did he looked back at Shinhye’s direction. Jonghyun and Jungshin were laughing hard when Minhyuk was asked about the movie. He looked helpless. As much as I want to answer for him, I can’t. I just couldn’t. How? My situation is worst. I have not understood anything. Not a single scene, mainly because the whole time...  I was only thinking of her. Knowing that she’s just there, in the same room, it made my heart flutters again. I saw Shinhye before the movie even started. I knew where she’s sitting. I’ve memorized what’s she’s wearing from head to toe. And I saw her usual hair combing gesture. Moreover, who wouldn’t notice her? Shinhye is a head turner. She is stunning even in her simple clothes. I can say that she is the most beautiful inside this place. “I see Park Ji Bin. So he’s also here. Let’s go inside” I heard Jungshin said. His voice brings me back to reality. We’re already at the restaurant.

===========================

Shinhye is sitting besides Minhyuk and other FTIsland members, while Yonghwa is on the other table behind them. Shinhye can’t see Yonghwa but Yonghwa can see Shinhye’s back. Shinhye is enjoying her dinner with the boys. They are all laughing and she can’t help but joke around with them.

Minhyuk: Noona, here are the concert tickets I told you last time. I’m giving you 3 so you could ask anyone in your family or friends to go with you. I have more but not VIP seats anymore.

Shinhye: Thanks Minhyuk. But Mianhe. I don’t think I could come. I have important events to attend.

Minhyuk: Wae? It’s a two night concert. You can go on the 1st night or at the 2nd? Please Noona.

Shinhye: Mianhe. I will meet my close friends on the 1st day. I made a promise to go with them. Then I’ll be busy with work the next day. I can’t cancel any of the two.

Minhyuk: Noona (Then sadly looked at Jungshin)

 

JONGHYUN POV

I’am sitting in front of Yonghwa and Shinhye is at my back. I heard what she said. She can’t come to the concert. Actually that is already expected given the situation between her and Yonghwa. Plus Hongki has already mentioned it to him. Hongki asked earlier if she will come to our concert, but she said no and gave him the same reason. Jungshin, Minhyuk and I planned to persuade Shinhye to come to our concert. We thought that it will be the first step to make Shinhye see Yonghwa again in a good light. But it seems that Minhyuk can’t persuade Shinhye since she said it’s important. But what Minhyuk doesn’t know is, Jungshin and I made an alternative plan. Shinhye’s friends that she’s going to meet are actually our friends too. I’ll deal with them tomorrow. Another thing is, earlier I asked Shinhye for her Manager’s number. This is good. I smiled at my idea. I looked at Yonghwa. He’s still quiet and uncomfortable. I noticed his frequent stare to Shinhye. It seems like he’s not happy with what he is seeing. "Yonghwa, you are too obvious." When it looks like he couldn’t take it no more, I wasn’t able to control myself but to make a loud laugh. Then Jungshin and I stare to each other.

 

YONGHWA POV

Shinhye, are you flirting with them? The view is annoying me. Shinhye is enjoying too much that she didn’t notice her skinship with Minhyuk. I’m not jealous. It’s just that I’m here, been observing her for a lengthy time already. I feel uncomfortable, upset and could not concentrate on the food while she, has been having fun, talking happily WITH OTHER MEN? . I like to get her out of her seat. I stand up and start to leave. I heard Jonghyun’s laugh. Did he see me? I don’t care. I will go at the counter to buy coffee. It might help to calm me.

 

SHINHYE POV

“Oh I forgot to call Manager Jun.” I was about to excuse myself to call him when Jonghyun face me. “Shinhye, I already talk to Manager Jun. I told him that we’ll be the one to take you home.” “What?” I was surprise. “Why did you do that Jonghyun, I’ll be okay with him. Besides, this will bother you guys.” Is it planned? I didn’t expect that coming here at the premiere will result to this. “It’s okay Shinhye. Yonghwa is our driver, we used his car. Sorry for not telling you earlier. Just have fun okay.” I nod and excuse myself to go to restroom. "Don't tell me you're leaving?" I force a smile.

 

=At the restroom=

No matter how big the movie theatre and the restaurant are, knowing that Yonghwa is there is suffocating. How much more in the car, I’m sure I’ll faint. This is getting worse. To volunteer in taking me home, I don’t know any more if Jonghyun just really miss me or they are planning something. I made a decision. I’m not ready to face Yonghwa. I’m sorry Jonghyun, Jungshin Minhyuk. But I’ll escape!

I went out of the restaurant and bowed my head so no one will notice me. I was walking not looking at anyone when suddenly someone stop me and hold my hand. I look up to see who it is but I got the biggest shock. “Jungshin told me you’re leaving. I’ll take you home. Let’s go.”