The Next Day

Secret Love

The next day...

SHINHYE POV

I get up early for the 2nd day shooting of the show I’m currently in, the “Music & Lyrics.” When it was being offered to me, I was anticipating that it will be Yonghwa who I will be partnered with. Since Yonghwa is a songwriter too. Plus for the past weeks that he didn’t call nor text me, I thought he wants to surprise me with his participation in the show. I didn’t bother to text him as well because I was really sure it will be him and didn't want to spoil his surprise. He mentioned to me 1 month ago that he’ll join in some variety show this month. So I really thought it was him. I got so excited and look forward on the day I will see him again. But when the shooting starts, I got disappointed and hurt. It wasn’t Yonghwa, but Yoon Gun, a known pop singer and songwriter. For sure they will edit the scene of our first meeting in which I look so surprise that I wasn’t able to talk. I’m not happy at all. I don’t want to continue my appearance in the show. But of course I can’t do that. I will never do that. I still managed to force a smile yesterday. But I’am not excited anymore, like today.

I was thinking a lot last night. Did Yonghwa get so busy that he has forgotten to text me? But I know Yonghwa. No matter how busy he is, he will bother me even in my sleep. He is one reason why I maximize the volume of my ringing tone. There must be really something..

Last night when I was sleeping, I was awakened by the loud message tone. I looked at the clock and found out that it was 2 am in the morning. I reach for my phone and excitedly get up when I saw it was from Yonghwa.

“Shinhye, I think I have wrongly sent you a message last time. Please dont worry it’s not intended for you. Haha. I’m sorry again. Good night.”

I tried to find the last message he was saying but I’ve got a lot of message to pass before I can find his. If that message really does exist. I patiently scrolled it down. But when I reach to the point that all I can see are the messages I send to myself (the time I lost my phone), I quit searching for it. I’m too sleepy and besides I already saw the messages subsequent to that. I was saddened and got upset. Maybe he sent it to some other person. Sigh. To think I’ve been waiting for his text all day long, every day. This is what I will receive? A wrong sent? But I wonder what is the content of that message, and to whom he is supposed to send it. He's quite defensive and clearly specified it isn't for me. Could it be a..

"a swear?" Annyeo. Yonghwa does not swear."

or perhaps a confession?" WHAT?! A confession but with who?

Is it Seohyun? Her image suddenly flashed in my mind.

Seohyun..

1, 2, 3.... Calm down Shinhye.

It's not Seohyun.

"This is what I hate about myself." I hate imagining things and if it concerns Yonghwa I just couldn’t control my tears.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile at the FNC Entertainment. The members of CNBlue, FT Islands, and all other singers under FNC are currently in the conference room of their agency’s quarter.  It’s been only a minute ago when their CEO left after a small discussion. One by one, each of them stand up and start to leave until only the CNBlue and FT Islands left in the room.

Hongki: Hey Yonghwa! Good to see you again! (They hug each other)

Yonghwa: Yeah, how are you?

Hongki: Doing fine.

 

The members just couldn’t leave because they enjoy talking to one another. It’s been a while since they last saw each other even though they have the same agency. It is a fun and busy year for both bands. During the delight of their conversation, Min-hwan, one of the FTIslands’ received a phone call. The volume is too loud that made everyone in the room laugh. To Yonghwa, it reminds him of Shinhye.

Jonghyun: Oh! That was a good song. (Pertaining to Minhwan’s ringing tone)

Jonghun (FTIsland): That is one of our songs.

Jungshin: Ah really?

Hongki: That’s “Even if I lost a Friend” (suddenly snap) Oh yeah (smiling widely with his thought)

Jonghyun: Hey what happened there Hongki? Did you think of something? Or should I say someone.

Hongki: (Smiling) I remembered Shinhye. She called me up this morning. She’s writing a new song along with that Yoon Gun. I forgot what’s that for again. But the concept is like love between friends. I’m not sure but something along the line. I was laughing my head off when I said we’re impossible. Hahaha!

Minhyuk: Yeah! Of course you and Noona are impossible.

 

Minhyuk said it seriously but everyone laughs.