Good Friends

Secret Love

SHINHYE POV

“Yes! Yes!” I was smiling all over when I entered my room. I’m jumping off my bed like a fool. I can’t stop myself from thinking of Yonghwa. I giggled but suddenly stopped when mother entered my room.

Mother: Shinhye! Are you ok?

Shinhye: Ne.

Mother: You look happy? Why? Did you meet Yonghwa there? You’re both okay now?

Shinhye: Omma!

Mother: Okay. I consider that as a yes. (Smile)

Shinhye: How did you know?

Mother: I just know. I’m your mother remember? What? Did he confess already?

Shinhye: A-Annyeo! We haven’t got to that point. It’s just that we’re friends again.

Mother: Ahhh. Yonghwa is so slow. Can’t he see my daughter’s so in love with him?

Shinhye: I’m not.

Mother: Tell that to the marines. (Laughs) By the way, have you eaten already? (Shinhye nods) Okay. You better change your clothes first then get some sleep. Don’t get overexcited okay? Good night baby.

Shinhye: Good night Omma!

================================================================================

=ring ring=

 

Yonghwa: Hey Jungshin! Are you still in the restaurant?

Jungshin: Annyeo. We’re in the house already. We’ve just arrived. How about you? Have you sent Shinhye home?

Yonghwa: Ne. I’m going home now.

Jungshin: So how did it go between you two? Are you okay now?

=silence=

YONGHWA POV

“I don’t think we will ever be okay again. I’ll hang up now.” (Smile) "Now let’s see what you guys are going to do about it." (Laughs)

 

================================================================================

 

SHINHYE POV

Isn’t he home yet? Should I call him? A-Annyeo! Why will I do that? He said he will call me tonight. So better wait okay? I look at my cellphone again. I play it with my two hands. It’s already 12 midnight. "He said he will call me." 

=ring ring=

I get up. “Yah Yong...! Manager?” I answer the call without looking at the screen. I was wrong. “Ne. Ne. Ne. Arasso. Good night.”I lay on my bed again “Yah Yonghwa! Are you playing with me? If you still don’t call in 10 minutes, let’s forget about being friends!”

 

YONGHWA POV

I want to call Shinhye now. But these boys are what stopping me. I was expecting that when I get home, we’re going to sleep. But they are all wide awake watching T.V and been waiting for me. I plan not to tell them about Shinhye. I will lie to them. Hehe. “I’m going to sleep now. By the way Jonghyun, do we have schedule tomorrow morning?” “We have a photo shoot at 10am. Why?” I didn’t answer him and just went to our room. “Hyung” I heard Minhyuk said. I was laughing to myself when I enter our room.

 

=============================================

 

Minhyuk: Hyung

Jungshin: I thought they will be okay.

Minhyuk: He looked so sad again.

Jungshin: I thought it will be easy.

Minhyuk: He looked so mad. I bet he wants to forget again.

Jonghyun: (Smiles)

Jungshin: Jonghyun, why are you smiling? Do you think Yonghwa will be fine?

Jonghyun: Nothing. Don’t worry about him. I’m going to sleep now.

 

Jonghyun was laughing when he enters the room.

===============================================

YONGHWA POV

The boys are sleeping already. I stand up and go to the living room. I will call Shinhye.

 

SHINHYE POV

“You’re a liar! A liar! A liar!” I put my cellphone inside the cabinet. I don’t want to see it anymore. “I will sleep now.” I closed my eyes and get ready to sleep when..

=ring ring=

“Urgh, why didn’t I change the volume? Maybe it’s Manager again. Annyeo! I don’t want to answer it.” But when the ringing stops, “I should have just answered it. What if it’s Yonghwa?”

=ring ring=

I hurriedly get up and see who’s calling....

Shinhye: Yonghwa!

Yonghwa: Did I wake you up?

Shinhye: Uhmm, yeah. Why do you have to call this late?

Yonghwa: Oh sorry. But I told you earlier that I’ll call you.

Shinhye: But I’m sleeping already. You should have just texted me.

Yonghwa: Are you sure you just get up from sleeping? You don’t sound like one. (Laughs)

Shinhye: Yah Yonghwa! Do you think I’m a liar? Do you really think I’ve been waiting for your call? Do you really really think I’ve not sleep yet and just waiting for you? You wish!  (Ooops! That’s too much!)

Yonghwa: (Laughs) Shinhye, I didn’t say anything.

Shinhye: (Realizes her mistake.) I mean, it’s just unfortunate that I have a loud ringing tone. I got surprised.  Geez, that’s embarrassing.

Yonghwa: Hahaha. Sorry for bothering you again.

Shinhye: Yeah, you are sorry but you always do this.

Yonghwa: (Smiles) Anyways, are you busy tomorrow?

Shinhye: What about you?

Yonghwa: Yes.

Shinhye: Me too. I will be very busy.

Yonghwa: Ah really? You mean morning to evening?

Shinhye: Maybe. 8am then I’m not sure what time I’ll finish.

Yonghwa: Aaah, so you only have 4hrs to sleep because I bet you’ll get up at 5am right?

Shinhye: Annyeo. I’m just going to a commercial shoot. My call time is 10am so I’ll leave here at 8am. How about you? What are your activities tomorrow?

Yonghwa: We have photo shoots plus promotion for our upcoming concert. You’re coming to our concert right?

Shinhye: I can’t. I have schedule on that day.

Yonghwa: Shinhye, it’s a two night concert. I want you to come on the 1st night.

Shinhye: I told you I can’t.

Yonghwa: Why?

Shinhye: How many times do I have to explain? I already explained it to Hongki and Minhyuk. Can’t you just ask them?

Yonghwa: Why do I have to ask them when you can tell me now?

Shinhye: I don’t want to.

Yonghwa: Yah! Why? Are you going to meet some guy friends?

Shinhye: Sorry but I won’t tell you.

Yonghwa: Yah Shinhye-ssi!! Who are you going to meet?

Shinhye: Why do you have to know?

Yonghwa: It’s just a simple question. Why can’t you answer?

Shinhye: You sound jealous.

Yonghwa: Yes, I’m jealous!

=silence=

Shinhye: Why are you jealous?

Yonghwa: Why do you have to know?

Shinhye: You don’t have to be jealous.

Yonghwa: I know. I dont have an..

Shinhye: Because I’m going to meet my high school friends.

Yonghwa: The girls?

Shinhye: Yeah.

Yonghwa: (Smiles) Good.

Shinhye: Why is it good?

Yonghwa: Annyeo.

Shinhye: Tssss. Are you sleepy now?

Yonghwa: Annyeo. How about you?

Shinhye: Annyeo.

Yonghwa: Shinhye-ssi.

Shinhye: Ne?

Yonghwa: Shinhye-ssi

Shinhye: Yah Yonghwa! You're doing this again..

Yonghwa: Shinhye-ssi

Shinhye: You're not funny!

Yonghwa: I like you..