1st day Courting (2)

Secret Love

Minhyuk: What did he say? What did he say?

Jungshin: (Shakes his head and explain to Minhyuk what they talked about)

 

Meanwhile, Jonghyun has just woken up.

 

Jonghyun: What’s the bad news? You two looked so stressed.

Jungshin: Jonghyun! Yonghwa is. Yonghwa is.

Minhyuk: Yonghwa is dying!

Jonghyun: What?!!!

Minhyuk: I think he’s on suicide!

Jonghyun: Hey, why did you say that?

Jungshin: He left early this morning and we don’t know where he was.

Jonghyun: Did you call him?

Jungshin: Ne. He said he will try to come back.

Jonghyun: Then what made you think he’s dying.

Jungshin: He sounded so weak and sad.

Jonghyun: Just because he sound sad and didn’t say where he is going, you really think Yonghwa is capable of going on suicide?

Minhyuk: I remember the time we were drinking. Didn’t he say he loves Shinhye too much? He felt like dying when he saw her with other man. He was not able to forget. For that 1year they are not communicating, he’s not telling us but I know he is suffering. And it’s not true he wished to forget Shinhye because I always see him watch all the news that concerns her.

Jonghyun: Then why don’t you call Shinhye? Perhaps she knows where Yonghwa is.

Jungshin: Yeah, I guess we better try to call Shinhye.

Jonghyun: (Starting to dial her number) I’ll talk to her

 

=Ring ring=

 

Shinhye: Yonghwa, Jonghyun is calling me?

Yonghwa: What? Don’t answer it.

Shinhye: Wae?

Yonghwa: They are for sure looking for me? (Smiling)

Shinhye: Hey Yonghwa, what are you up to? Are you trying to fool them?

Yonghwa: Annyeo. That’s too much. I just want to play with them.

Shinhye: They are truly worried of you. Is this the time to make fun of it?

Yonghwa: Shinhye, this is nothing serious. Why are you getting so mad about it?

Shinhye: Because you’re playing with their feelings. And I don’t like it.

Yonghwa: Shinhye.

Shinhye: Why are you doing this? I do think that they are worried.

Yonghwa: (Quiet)

Shinhye: Yonghwa, give me good reason. They are still calling me.

Yonghwa: (Quiet)

Shinhye: Hey Yonghwa! If you do not want to talk to me then just stop the car!

Yonghwa: Shinhye!

Shinhye: I said stop the car!

Yonghwa: Shinhye!

Shinhye: Just stop it!

Yonghwa: Is it Jonghyun calling? Okay I’ll just answer it.

 

Yonghwa snatched the cellphone away  from Shinhye’s hands.

 

Yonghwa: Jonghyun! Yes I’m with Shinhye. Happy now? (Mad)

Jonghyun: Yonghwa! You’re busted. Hahahahah. Just explain everything to us later. We’ll wait for you. Please send our regards to Shinhye. Bye! Take care. Hahahha! (End call)

 

Yonghwa returned Shinhye’s cellphone to her.

 

Yonghwa: I’m sorry.

Shinhye: (Quiet)

Yonghwa: I said I’m sorry.

Shinhye: (Quiet)

Yonghwa: Shinhye-ssi

Shinhye: It’s okay. I’m sorry too. I'm sorry to ruin your plan. It’s just that I think about them, how they are feeling right now.

 

Shinhye looked sad. Yonghwa stopped the car at the roadside.

 

Yonghwa: I’m sorry. (He hugged Shinhye) Sorry for making you upset. It won’t happen again.

 

Yonghwa hugged Shinhye for few seconds.

 

Shinhye: Who gave you the right to hug me?

Yonghwa: I’m not asking for your permission. (Smiling)

Shinhye: (He hit him at the back)

Yonghwa: Ouch. Shinhye, are you a woman? You should act like one. You’re getting me confused now.

Shinhye: What confused are you talking about?

Yonghwa: Hahahah. Annyeo. I bet you’ll hit me again.

Shinhye: Yonghwa!

Yonghwa: And you are hot tempered.

Shinhye: Just like you.

Yonghwa: Yeah, yeah. Let’s go now.

 

When they reach the venue..

 

Shinhye: Thank you! Please take care and text me when you’re home.

Yonghwa: Ne. You too! Call me if you’re done okay.

Shinhye: Ne. Take care. Bye!

Yonghwa: Shinhye.

Shinhye: Ne?

Yonghwa: Ahhhhh....

Shinhye: Yonghwa!

Yonghwa: Nothing. I’ll see you again.

Shinhye: Ok, bye!

Yonghwa: Bye!....  I love you.

 

YONGHWA POV

Too bad she didn’t hear me. But never mind. I’ll take it one step at a time. (Smiling) Shinhye, you see how happy I am now. I didn’t expect that I will confess to you as easy as this. I should have done this before. But anyways, it doesn’t make sense to regret now. I just need to be patient. I could feel that I have a chance. Just don’t let anyone to come near you.

What? Yeah, why didn’t I realize that?

=ring ring=

Shinhye: Yonghwa, why did you call?

Yonghwa: Shinhye, don’t entertain anyone except me okay. Just to remind you. I’ll hang up now. Bye! (Smiling)

 

SHINHYE POV

Who is he to tell me not to entertain anyone? But then again, I don’t mind at all. I find it really really romantic. How long have I dream of this. And it’s all happening now. So why would I ruin it. This is so far the best day of my life! Knowing Yonghwa feels the same way for me too.

But my question is if do I need to prolong this? I mean I like him too and been waiting for this for a long time. So is it time to tell him I love him too? Wait, does Yonghwa really love me? As far as I can remember, he never said he loves me yet. Yeah, he hasn’t said it to me. So it's just right to wait for him to tell me he loves me.

Besides, it’s just the first day. I have to be patient. And I don’t know what to do when we are couple already. I’m not ready yet for everyone to know. Sigh. I guess, for now I will enjoy it. I’ll cross the bridge when I get there.