Losing Contact

In Love With My Slave
  Later that night, around ten I tried going to sleep, but I couldn’t. all I could think about was Luhan getting beat, and the war that was going to start between the Night and the Days. What had Baekhyun done, I decided I needed to talk to him. I quietly walked out of my room and knocked on my brother’s room. 
  “Come in,” I heard a faint whisper. I opened the door and he rolled his eyes. I went inside and looked at him. 
  “What do you want?” He asked rudely.  
  “I just wanted to talk.” I whispered. His face softened and he nodded and patted th bed next to him. I walked over and sat down. 
  “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t be so rude.” He told me. 
  “It’s okay.” I told him. 
  “So what do you want to talk about?” He asked me. 
  “I just want to know one thing.” 
  “Anything.” 
  “Why did you do it Baek?” I asked with a tear slipping down my cheek. He sighed and wiped my tear away. 
  “I didn’t know it was going to work out this way. I just wanted to protect you.” He told me. 
  “But how is taking away a guy that I liked a lot protecting me?” 
  “He’s a day, I didn’t want him to influence you, but I know now that I was wrong.” 
  “It’s too late now Baek. What’s going to happen to us during the war?” I asked and started sobbing. 
  “I don’t know, but no matter what happens I will always protect you.” He hugged me and tried to calm me down. I nodded, and kept crying until I fell asleep. 
  The next morning I woke in Baek’s room. He was still asleep and I didn’t want to wake him so I stayed still. But, my phone had other plans and decided to ring. I quickly jumped up to answer it, surprisingly I didn’t wake up Baekhyun. I ran to my room, where I could talk in piece. 
  “Yoboseyo,” I answered. 
  “Minyoung, it’s Luhan.” he whispered into the other line. 
  “Luhan, oh my gosh are you okay? Are you hurt?” I asked. 
  “I’m fine for now. I just needed to hear your voice. Can you sneak out?” He asked me. I ran to my window and looked outside to check for a clear path, but there were a bunch of men standing outside. It looked like the war had already begun. 
  “I’m sorry Lu but there is a bunch of creepy guys outside.” I told him. 
  “I understand, well we can at least talk through the ph…” He was cut off my a voice. 
  “Give it to me!” I heard Luhan’s father scream. 
  “No!” Luhan yelled back. I heard a smack, and Luhan gasp. His father had just hit him. 
  “Who is this,” The man asked through the phone. I froze and didn’t answer. 
  “It’s that stupid night girl isn’t it. Well, I don’t care who this is. Listen Luhan will not be having an kind of access to the world around him for a while, so I suggest you never call this number again. Consider this a goodbye.” He spat and hung up. I felt a tear run down my face, I was never going to see Luhan again. 
***A Week Later***
  The war has begun, what started off as something stupid between a night and a day turned major. The stakes have been raised. The two towns are no longer fighting for pride, but power. Both spending all the money and resources they have to get the other town to give into slavery. That’s right slavery, there will no longer be two towns, the question now is, who will win, and how long will it last. 
***A Month Later***
  Things are still the same, I haven’t seen Luhan since the beginning of this and I spend everyday wondering if he is okay. The war has escaladed to another level, people are dying now. Thankfully, Baekhyun, Sehun and Kris are still to young to fight in the war. They are the only things that haven’t been ripped away from me. Both of my parents have becomed so consumed by the war that they have forgotten their children. But its alright Baekhyun and I have each other. That’s probably the only good thing that came out of this, getting closer to Baekhyun. 
***A Year Later*** 
  Time has gone by quickly, Luhan is still in my mind, but I don’t remember what he looks like anymore. The war outside my window is even neither town has taken the lead. My parents have completely lost it, Baekhyun and I don’t even leave the house anymore. The school has been shut down, and all children take school at my house where it is “safe.” I cannot take this any longer. I’m going crazy, rotting inside this house. 
***Two Years Later***
  I barely think of Luhan anymore, I have bigger problems to deal with now than a crush I had when I was ten. This year, Baekhyun turned fifteen. That only meant one thing now. He was old enough to go to war, and with our father being head in command he didn’t waste a day and took Baekhyun in immediately. That day was terrible, I never knew if I was going to see my brother again. The war has become much more violent, people dying left to right. At first I didn’t have to worry, but now my brother was in there risking his life for stupidity. 
tumblr_m2w9yugQ6U1qg9zoro1_1280.jpg
 
***Three Years Later*** 
  Luhan is nothing more than a distant memory now. Baekhyun being in the war wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. Since he is the Commander’s son he gets special privileges, he is allowed to sleep in his own home, and if it gets too dangerous, he “gets sick,” and doesn’t fight. But, Kris’s birthday just passed and he was taken in the war. I should have been more scared for him, but I wasn’t. Kris was s a tough guy, I knew he was going to do well in the war. I had nothing to worry about. 
Exo-exo-31296778-500-380.png
***Four Years Later*** 
  This year, hurt the most. My best friend in the entire world was going into war. He promised he would fight hard to stay alive, but I was terrified. Once he was gone I had no left, it was up to me to face life alone. It also hurt because this was going to be Luhan’s first year in battle. I thought I had forgotten him, but on April 20th I felt a pain in my chest and I remembered. It was Luhan’s birthday. 
4-1.jpg
***Five Years Later*** 
  I find myself staring out the window a lot more, hoping and praying that one day I will see that familiar face in the crowd fighting for me. Just a chance to see him once more, that’s all I need to be satisfied. I see many soldiers, but none of them are Luhan. I have lost all hope. 
***Eight Years Later*** 
  After eight years I got the chance to see him again. The day I thought that Luhan was nothing more than a name I had made up, and given up ever seeing him again, he showed up out my window. He was so handsome, he was a lot taller, manlier. He was walking with a smaller boy with similar features, I figured it was Lay. He had entered the war a year ago. 
  I was looking out the window like always, and there was a gory scene going on. Two soldiers sneaked away from the group, they were days. The taller one was leading they came to the bush next to my window and hid. I watched them, they looked scared. Then, the older one looked at me, we met eyes and I froze. I was staring into the eyes of Luhan.
exo-exo-m-luhan-cute-nice-Favim.com-4612
My lost love. I felt my cold heart melt again, and all of my feelings rushed back. He isn’t a stupid crush I had when I was ten. He was the love of my life. He was the only thing in this war worth fighting for. It looked like he was going to say something, but Lay pulled him and the ran away. But that one glance was all I needed to gain all of my hope back. 
exo-exom-exo-m-lay-yixing-Favim.com-5424
***Ten Years Later*** 
  The war is coming to an end. We have won!!! I have everyone back Baekhyun, Sehun, and Kris. They all made it through the war safely. Today was a big day. A lot of things changed, and today we were going to get assigned slaves. The Day’s lost the war and were forced in slavery, I hope who ever gets Luhan treats him well. I’m twenty this year, so I am going to be one of the youngest slave holders. Twenty is the limit to get a slave. Every one was at my house waiting for my father to give out the rules. 
  “Hello, before I give out a slave, you must follow rules. 
First, to get a slave you must have a partner. They must be someone you are connected to emotionally and you both must be willing to work together. 
Second, a slave is still a person. They will be working for you, but treat them like people. 
Third, in any circumstances have relations with a slave. Now pick your partner and come get assigned.” he told everyone. 
  Sehun and I decided to pair up since we were close and we knew each other. Everyone was saying how this was like an arranged marriage but I didn’t care, I would easily marry Sehun so he was a good pick. Baekhyun picked Bomi, of course. And Kris picked some chick he’s had a crush on since birth. Sehun and I walked up to my father and he assigned us a number. 
  “You two are together, I should have know. Alright you guys get number 337.” HE said. We nodded and walked away. 
  “Are you ready to meet our slave.” I told Sehun, he nodded.
  “I hope we got a hot babe.” He laughed, I punched him in the arm. 
  “You’re a pig.” I giggle. He shrugged. We quickly got to door 337 and opened it. There standing in the corner was a man. He wasn’t facing us, so I was curious as to what he looked like. 
  “Excuthe me!” Sehun exclaimed and the by turned around. I thought I was going to faint, my slave was Luhan.