Before The War

In Love With My Slave
  ***No POV***
  No one knows why the war started. Some say it was the Night’s fault others say it was the Day’s. But what everyone does know is that the Days and Nights hate each other. Everyone thinks they hate each other because of the land, apparently, the Night’s were there first and the Day’s took over. But the real reason they hate each other is because they are equal. Two towns right next to each other, always competing. Both thinking they are better than the other. Both towns raised differently with the same outcomes. The Days were taught that fighting could get you what you wanted, the Night were taught that money did that for you. These towns were corrupted and the people around them knew it. The towns had stayed out of trouble for a while, having individual agreements within them to keep peace for the children. But, this all changed when a young female Night befriended a young male Day. 
***Minyoung’s POV***
  Today was Baekhyun’s turn to take me out, since my two best friends were busy today and I couldn’t hang out with them. I hated going out with my brother. He’s mean, and I have no clue why my parents expect him to actually watch me, I mean he’s three years older he can barely take care of himself. Plus, he is always paying attention to his dumb friends, he doesn’t care about me. Of all the places he could have taken me he decided to go to a playground. I am ten years old, playgrounds are so old. Not just any playground, he decided to take me to the only playground shared by both the Days and Nights. It was like a peace offering for both towns to share a park. It was so stupid, everyone knows the nights only play with the night and the days with the days, but whatever. 
  “Go play,” Baekhyun pushed me into the playground. 
  “I don’t want to.” I protested. 
  “Why? You love this place.” 
  “Yeah, when I was like five. I want to hang out with you.” I pouted trying to get some attention from my brother. 
  “No way, now go play or I’ll tell mom you hit me.” He threatened. 
 
  “ hole,” I whispered as I turned around and went to the bench. I just heard him laugh, I sat down on the bench refusing to go play with the other kids. I looked around, but Baekhyun had already left. What a jerk. I sat there awkwardly, the only people at the park were girls and I hated talking to girls. Then, I spotted a little boy, he was reading a book by the tree. What a dork, who goes to the playground to read? But, he was the only guy so I decided to go over and make friends. 
  I slowly walked over to the three, and stood in front of him. He was so engrossed in the book he didn’t even notice me. I sighed and sat down in front of him. Now that I actually got to see him, I realized he was really cute. I sat there for about five minutes and he didn’t even look up, rude much. I had enough and decided to talk. 
  “Is that a good book?” I asked. He jumped a little and looked up. He was REALLY cute, he looked at me with a surprised look. 
  “Y-yeah, I guess so.” He answered. I nodded. 
  “What’s it about?” 
  “Uh, it’s about werewolves. Do you wanna look at it?” He asked offering me his book. 
  “Sure,” I took the book from his hands. It was called The Call Of The Moon. I flipped through the pages, it seemed pretty cool. 
  “This is… interesting.” I told him and handed the book back. He just nodded. 
  “Well, I’m Minyoung, Byun Minyoung.” I introduced and stuck my hand out. 
  “Nice to meet you, I’m Luhan.” He said and shook my hand. 
  “Nice to meet you too, so you’re a cute kid why are you at the park alone reading a book?” I asked, I was always very nosy. 
  “It’s peaceful here. You think I’m cute?” He asked. I rolled my eyes. Of course he would here that part clearly. 
  “Yeah, I guess you’re pretty cute.” I told him. He smiled.
  “Thanks, I think you’re cute too.” I blushed. 
  “Thanks, so do you come here often?” I asked saying the cheesiest pick up line that I‘ve ever heard Baekhyun say. 
  “Are you hitting on me?” He laughed loudly. He had a cute laugh and smile. 
luhan-pre-debut.jpg
  “No, I’m being a curious person.” I told him. He nodded. 
  “Well, in that case. Yeah, I do come here often. It’s surprisingly one of the quietest places I know.” He answered. I looked at him funny. 
  “You’re strange, since when is a park quiet?” 
  “Since you live in a house with parents that are getting divorced.” He answered. I felt bad. 
  “Oh, well um, my house is pretty quiet. You should come over and hang out sometime.” I told him. 
  “I don’t think that would be a good idea.” He replied. 
  “Why not?” I asked. 
  “Because…” He was cut off by the obnoxious screams of my brother. 
tumblr_mcv577OLvj1r0etg6o1_400.jpg
  “Min! What are you doing, get away from him!” Baekhyun shouted. 
  “Why?” I asked. He ignored my question and ran over to me. He took my hand and roughly pulled me up. Then, he dragged me away. 
  “Hey, let go of me!” I shouted. He ignored me again and just kept walking. He took me to the other side of the park and sat me down on the bench. His loser friends, Suho and Kai, were there. 
pre-debut-kai.jpg    
  “Don’t let her leave this bench I’ll be right back.” Baekhyun told them and left. These guys were weak I could run if I wanted too. I stood up, but Kai sat me back down. 
  “Don’t even try it.” He told me. 
  “Get your hands off of me or I‘ll cry!” I told him. 
  “What good would that do?” He asked. 
  “When Baekhyun comes back and sees me crying, you know he will kick your .” I told him. 
  “I can take it.” he laughed and tightened his grip. 
  “OW!!!!” I shouted. Baekhyun turned around and was about to walk back but Suho shouted, “I got it!” Baekhyun nodded and continued walking. 
  “Kai, let her go. She won’t run.” Suho told him and pried his arms off of me. 
  “Thanks.” I told him. 
  “No problem, now just stay seated please.” Suho pleaded.
  “Fine.” I crossed my arms and sat still. Suho was nice so I didn’t want him to get in trouble. I watched Baekhyun and I realized he was walking towards Luhan. Once Baekhyun got close, Luhan stood up and slowly started walking backwards. He kept walking until his back hit another tree and he was trapped between the tree and my brother. Baekhyun was shouting at him and he looked terrified. I had no clue what he was saying, but I was getting nervous. Then he lifted his fist, and I shouted. 
  “No!” I screamed, but he was too far to hear. Baekhyun punched the tree behind Luhan and I exhaled. Then, Baekhyun backed off and Luhan ran away somewhere. Baekhyun was back at my bench in a matter of minutes. 
  “Come on, let’s go home.” He said. I nodded and stood up. He looked at the red marks on my shoulders and his eyes got wide. 
  “What happened?” he asked. 
  “Your dumb friend!” I shouted. He frowned and turned around to face Kai. 
  “What did I tell you about touching my sister?” He asked. 
  “Well, how else was I supposed to keep her from running off?” 
  “I don’t know how did you do it Suho?” Baekhyun asked him. 
  “All I did was ask her.” he answered. 
  “See, he didn’t lay a hand on her. This is a warning Kai, don’t touch my sister ever again.” Kai just nodded. Okay, so Baekhyun wasn’t the worst brother a girl could have. 
  “Baek, what did you tell Luhan?” I asked as we walked home after dropping off his friends. 
  “I told him to stay away from you.” 
  “What? Why? I really liked him.” 
  “Because, he’s a Day. Couldn’t you tell?” I felt my heart sink to my stomach. 
  “He’s a Day, I didn’t know. I can’t really tell the difference.” I told him. 
  “I know, but don’t worry. He won’t bother you anymore.” 
  “But Baek, he wasn’t bothering me. I went to talk to him. I thought Days were supposed to be bad people. He was so nice.” 
  “They make you believe that, the days are terrible people and I don’t want you anywhere near them.” I nodded. 
  “Okay Baek.” He smiled and put his arm around me protecting. 
  “Ow,” I whispered as he wrapped his arm too tight were Kai had squeezed. He quickly moved his arm. 
  “Sorry.” 
  “It’s okay.” 
  “Man, I swear I’m going to kill Kai one of these days.” I laughed. We arrived home soon after. I went straight to my room and layed on the bed. I knew it was wrong to think about him, but he was stuck in my brain. I had to see him again, someone as cute as him can’t be that bad. It’ll be hard, but I’ll get through it.