You're The Example

In Love With My Slave

  Luhan stood up and went over to Minyoung. She was sobbing, and still in so much pain. She looked at Luhan, and she had left her pain behind and hugged him. 
  “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. I should have protected you. I shouldn’t have let them take you.” Luhan apologized as tears ran down his face, and held Minyoung tightly. 
  “It’s not your fault, none of that matters your with me now.” She whispered as she leaned up to kiss him. He helped lift her up and she wrapped her arms around him and they deepened the kiss. Once again she felt safe in his arms. 
  “Take them to the town center for execution.” My father said. 
  “What about him.” Someone asked. I didn’t know who they were talking about. 
  “Him too,: my father said and the men began to pull Luhan away from me. 
  “NO! NO! FATHER YOU CAN’T DO THIS! WHY HIM, HE DIDN’T DO ANYTHING! PLEASE DON’T TAKE HIM AWAY FROM ME!” Minyoung shouted at him. 
  “I have too Minyoung, I’m sorry, your relationship is illegal. I’m sorry, you have to be the example.” he said. They took Luhan away from her. She shouted and screamed, but they did nothing. 
  “I love you.” She heard Luhan say as he disappeared.  
  “Come Minyoung, let’s go back home.” My father said. 
  “NO! I will not go home with you! You’re a monster. You’re just as bad as the rest of them. None of this would have happened if you would just end the stupid war. Let the Days go, the deserve to be free. Why can’t you just do that? No more of these stupid rules.” Minyoung pleaded. 
  “I’m sorry Minyoung it does not work that way. I cannot force you to come home with me. But whatever you choose will not change the outcome of what is going to happen today. You’re the reason this war even began. I did my best to protect you and your brother. But you seem to keep finding your way into trouble. I’m sorry Minyoung there is nothing I can do anymore. I cannot help you. You got yourself into this and now there is no way out. It has to be done.” Father said as he stepped out of the door. I stood there in silence, what he said was right. All of this madness, all of this chaos, all of this destruction it was because of me. There were consequences that I had to pay for, and I was not going to let Luhan take it for me. 
  I walked out of the library, and made my way to the town center, where everything was going to take place. But, once I stood there I was stopped by the sound of a gun shpt. I froze and my heart began to beat erratically. I ran to the front and saw Tao dead on the ground. 
  “Here we use this man as an example. If you mess with me, if you mess with our laws, the punishment I severe. May this be a warning to all. Bring the boy.” My father said. The guards brought over a scared Luhan. The look on his face killed me. 
  “No! PLEASE DON’T HURT HIM. PLEASE!” I shouted as I tried to run to him. But  I was stopped by the townspeople. Two men were holding me and I couldn’t move. 
  “Here we use this boy as an example. I am ashamed to say that this boy was having an affair with my daughter. Yes, it was illegal, but I make no exceptions even with my own family. This is punished by death.” My father spoke. My vision was blurry with tears, but I saw Luhan stare at me. And even with tears staining his face, at the point of death he smiled, and whispered, “I Love You.” I watched as my father lifted the gun. I fought in my hold and kicked on of the men, causing him to let me go. I ran to the center and I heard a gun shot…