Chapter 6 - onel man (just for today)

Light My Love

Kimmi opened her eyes wildly, she tried to catch every sound around her, but no one spoke. The only sound she heard is a heavy breath from the front seat in this car.

“Hyeong keumanhaeyo (please stop it)” JunK eventually said something.

Kimmi turned her head to JunK’s voice but no one replied JunK. “hahhhh!!” again Kimmi heard the heavy breath from the front seat.

In a mean time, Uuyoung, Junho and Chansung couldn’t sit comfortably, because Khun who supposed to sit in the middle seat must move to the back seat and took his dongsaeng seat. “Hyeong can you move your leg a lit bit? I cant move!” Uuyoung complained.

“Yahh!! It’s because of him” Khun pointed at Junho. “His takes half of the chair!!”

“Mworaguyo? (what did u say) look at this kid, everything on him is big! Blame him_______” Junho suddenly lower his voice, coz JunK stared at him, Taec just laughed without sound beside him.

30 minutes later, they arrived in JYP entertainment office. Taec was the first person who gets out from the car and helped Kimmi to get out.

JunK just got out, when his manager whispered to him quickly. “in my office! Jigeum tangjang!!! (now! Right now!!)

JunK looked at Taec and Khun, both of them were nodding without word and make sure that they will take care of Kimmi.

***

“call the other member too!” asked the manager.

“ne! (ok)” Ms. Lee__ 2PM assistant then went to the next room to call the rest of members.

“yedera~ (kids) Junho hyeong call all of you, now.”

“us too?” Junho pointed his own nose. “waeyo? (why) Junho hyeongie hwannasoo? (is he mad?)”

“Yes he is!! keuresso palli ka. (That’s why, go on hurry)”

“Ok then Noona please help taking care of Kimmi.” Khun said.

Kimmi looked confuse, she felt sorry cause she ruined 2PM’s day. “Jwesunghamnida~ (I am sorry)” Kimmi said in a low tone.

Chansung looked at her and tapped her shoulder. “Mwogayo? (what for) it has nothing to do with you, something happen with our recording in radio.” Chansung smiled, even though Kimmi couldn’t see it, but Chansung knew she will feel better because of that smile.

“Jamkanman gidariseyo (wait for us a minute)” Taec said.

“Yes, we’ll be right back.” Uuyoung added before they went out the room.

***

6 of 2PM member sat in front of his manager and another JYP’s staff. “is there anybody who want to try to explain what is going on?” Junho hyeong opened the discussion.

All of member avoided eyes contact. Uuyoung chose to stare at his finger nails.

“nobody?” Junho hyeong repeated.

“It’s my fault.” JunK eventually spoke.

“Go on, I would like to hear some reasons.” Junho hyeong let JunK to explain, but he was locked in a silent. “Speechless?”

“Hyeong~” Taec tried to help a lit bit.

“what?” Junho hyeong replied quickly. “what do you wanna say?”

“it is just a minor problem, we’ll be o____”

“Minor problem? Are u sure?________Look at this.” Junho hyeong thrown his phone to Taec. “do you see how many article about this on the online media now?”

“In front of hundreds hottest, JunK dragged over a blind girl in our car! In 2PM car!” Junho hyeong hit the table.

Both Chansung and Uuyoung shocked and moved their body a lit bit.

“Jwesunghamnida (I am sorry) naega jalmothessoyo (I did a mistake)” JunK answered.

Junho hyeong hold his breath. He scratched his eyebrow a lit bit. “It’s not about a confession of your mistake. It’s about your image, it’s about 2PM image!! Do you know how long we’ve been waiting for this comeback?? Because of Khun mistake last year___we needed 2 years before comeback!!”

 

Khun lowered his head. He still feels guilty coz the car accident last year. “We tried so hard to be in this point but you ruined it with your romance with the blin____”

“Hyeong!!” JunK stood up.

Taec followed him and hold his arm. “Hyeong~” he tried to warn JunK.

JunK released his hand. He tried to control his emotion. “I didn’t do anything! She is my friend, she can’t see! She got hurt!! Is it too much if I help her?!”

“no! nothing’s wrong with it! Nothing’s wrong to help a blind helpless girl on the street, IF YOU’RE NOT JUNK! A famous singer, and if you just helped her without over react to screamed her name, asked her whether she’s ok, AND DRAGGED HER TO YOUR CAR!!”

“Besides, I was about to help her! A lot of people were about to help her!! Why did u have to react so fast and brought you into the biggest scandal in a year!!! If you let me to help her, there will be no article on the internet now, saying that you have secret relationship with a blind girl! There are 5 anti fans club in 30 minutes!! There will be hundreds of girls will say bad things to you!! And that girl,” Junho hyeong pointed at the next room. “Do not hope she’ll be fine!! After this she will be more miserable coz ur fans will chase her 24 hours a day!! Don’t you get it JunK??”

JunK lowered his head, his manager is right. He was not supposed to do that. It will destroy him, his career, his teammate, and it will destroy___Kimmi.

His manager tapped his shoulder. “I understand about your feeling. But it’s not the right time for you to do that, not in this moment, not in this way. We just woke up from our long sleep. We need more time to settle down, to reach our place again! After we get that, I will let you to do want you want, in the right moment, in the right way, do you understand?”

JunK keeps silent. He doesn’t even look his manager’s eyes. “I’ll explain everything to Jinyoung hyeong, hopefully he will not over react to this problem. You can go home now; I will take care of Kimmi. You guys too, you all can go home now.”

Junho just stood up when they heard JunK said. “Kamsahamnida hyeong, (thanks) but for now I’ll take care of her by myself.”

“Jun__”

“Onel man hyeong, onel man jebal! (only for today hyeong, only for today, I am begging you)”

***

Kimmi sat in a white coach, she hold her injured hand and smirked a lit bit. She didn’t believe what was just happened to her, and made her ended in this room.

She didn’t know how to react, should she felt happy or sad. She was so happy coz she could meet with Minjun again, but she also knew that she brought Minjun to a big problem now. And that made her so worry.

“Minjun ssi?” Kimmi suddenly said.

JunK smiled softly, he walked slowly toward Kimmi and sat beside her. “Ottohkae arayo? (how do you know)”

Kimmi smiled in relief when she heard a sweet tone of JunK’s voice, suddenly her worries went away a lit bit. “from the air”

“Air?”

“eung!” Kimmi nodded. “since I cant see, I tried to noticed people from the air, Minjun ssi ga nae appa___emmm ani (Minjun’s air is like my father___no)” she shook her head and smiled. “appa anira, keunde gommangie chorom. (u don’t look like my father, but u look like gommangie)”

“Gommangi?” JunK asked.

“Eung, gommangie nae chingu. (gommangi is my friend), my father air feels so comfortable, and secure, I have no worried when I am with him. And then with Gommangie, I feel______happy, light, excited, but there another feeling__secure, I feel secure everytime I hear your voice.” Kimmi smiled softly.

JunK looked Kimmi’s right in her eyes. The girl was smiling but JunK could feel the loneliness in from her eyes.

Kimmi’s smile disappeared. Her eyes became wider. “Are you looking at me now?”

JunK turned his head away. “Ne? (what) aniya (no)” he answered quickly.

Kimmi laughed a lit bit. “I am sorry, I thought you were looking at me.”

“Gwenchanayo? (are you ok)” JunK asked suddenly.

Kimmi stopped laughing. She turned her head toward JunK, Kimmi didn’t know but JunK face is so close to her. JunK had to hold his breath so that Kimmi would not realize their position. “Eung!” Kimmi nodded and suddenly JunK realized that they were too close. He moved away and let Kimmi sat on the coach by her own.

“Minjun ssi otteyo? I heard your manager is mad, MInjun ssi jinjja gwencaseumnikka? (are u really ok)”

“ne (yes)” JunK answered briefly.

“Jinjjaro? (are u serious?)”

“kogjonghajimaseyo (don’t worry) it’s just a lit problem with work. It has nothing to do with you.”

Kimmi smiled. “Chansung also told me the same thing. I cant see, but I can hear. I know there is something bad happen. Jwesunghamnida.. jongmalyo (I am really sorry, I really am)”

JunK felt guilty, she must think that JunK thinks she is a stupid girl, that can be lied easily. “Do..you need something? A drink? Or some..thing?” JunK tried to avoid the sensitive thing.

Kimmi shook her head. “I am fine.”

Both of them were locked into a long silent, and then both of them started to speak at the same time and made the situation around them even more awkward.

“You first.” Kimmi said.

“No, you first,” JunK gave chance to Kimmi.

“Ok then___i wanna ask you, when the first time we met, you said that your name is Kim Minjun. But what I know today, your name is Kim JunK. How could it possible?”

“which one is your real name?”

JunK pulled his hair backward. He hold his breath. “is it Minjun?” Kimmi guessed, she then smiled. “JunK is a good name, but Minjun is more suitable with you. Am I right?”

JunK couldn’t answer Kimmi right now, his eyes looked at Kimmi’s and full of regret. “Mian~ (I am sorry) my name is JunK.”

Kimmi couldn’t hide her shock, but then she smiled. “musuen mian (whats the sorry for) I know you have a reason to do that, don’t you?”

JunK shook his head. “No, I don’t,” he answered.

Kimmi again hold her breath, she tried to listen JunK’s voice tone carefully so she wont get the wrong interpretation of what she heard. But no matter how hard she tried, she only heard that JunK said “No__there is no a special reason. It’s just because______” Junk didn’t know where to start.

“At that time__I just know you, I didn’t know who u really are, and you looked a lit bit weird when u laughed by yourself, that’s why I told you something different.”

Kimmi’s heart was pounding so hard! And this time is for another reason. There is a light pain brushed into her heart. But she quickly changed it into a pure smile. “arrasseoyo (I got it), it must be so strange to tell the truth to someone you cant believe^^”

Both JunK and Kimmi were locked in the silent. JunK can feel Kimmi uncomfortably sat in front of him. “I am… I am sorry Kimmi ssi, I don’t mean to____”

“Gwenchanayo~ jinjja gwenchana~ (that’s ok, that totally fine) I understand everything.” Kimmi smiled, but JunK knew that she didn’t really smile.

“em.. let me take you ho___”

“animida, dwaessoyo (no, that’s ok)”

“ne? (what)” JunK was getting realize that she was not ok.

Kimmi caught JunK worries, she then changed her facial expression and spoke as if nothing wrong between them. “Min__ani JunK ssi neomu ppappasoyo (Min__no, JunK must be so busy) I can go home by myself. I am serious; I can do it by myself. Just show me the way out.” Kimmi stood up with her stick and an umbrella in her other hand.

“Kim__Kimmi ssi,”

“ne?”

“mianhaeyo (I am sorry)”

“aniya.. jinjja gwenchana,”

“kuende______(but)”

“eonni_”

JunK turned his head, when he heard Kimmi called someone, and she was right Ms. Lee just entered the room.

“Ne? (yes)” she replied, confused cause Kimmi called her suddenly.

“eonni, if you don’t mind, could you please help me to find a taxi, please I am begging you.” Kimmi said hurriedly.

“Oo.. Oo ne.” Ms. Lee nodded, “this way,” she took Kimmi’s hand.

Kimmi breath in relief, she turned her body once and bowed deeply to JunK. “Jongmal kamsahamnida__keurigo jwesunghamnida JunK ssi (thank you so much, I also want to say I am sorry)”

“Kim…”

“Annyeong higyeseyo (good bye)”

Kimmi literary pulled Ms. Lee hand to walk faster. JunK followed them but couldn’t say anything to her. He wanted to stop her but he didn’t sure he had something more to say.

“Kim___” JunK stopped himself when he saw Kimmi stopped and turned her body. “JunK ssi?” she called for JunK.

JunK was really shocked and confused, why did Kimmi suddenly turn her body. “ne?”

“it is my real name__Han Kimmi is my real name.”

Kimmi smiled once again before she turned and walked away.

Meanwhile JunK couldn’t move his feet. He felt so guilty and shamed to this blind girl. He didn’t know who was he lying to, was he lie to her? Or was he lie to himself? JunK didn’t know.

JunK looked at Kimmi for far, Ms. Lee took her until she got a taxi. Kimmi hugged Ms. Lee tightly and said thank you several times before she got into the taxi.

JunK saw the taxi started to move and finally lost from his sight. JunK took a deep breath; his eyes looked far away to the evening sun. He didn’t sure, but he felt like someone already took half of his heart away, leaving him with confusion and guilty feeling.

“Mianhae Kimmi ssi, mianhae ( I am sorry Kimmi, I am sorry)

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> to be continued