Chapter 12 - What Should I Do?

Light My Love

Jun.K hold his breath. It’s been awhile since he never felt his heart pumped so hard!! It was even harder than his nervousness when he made his comeback stage with 2PM.

Jun.K looked Kimmi, that girl was still smiling and let her hair blew by the summer wind. “Does Kimmi love me?”

“and what about me? What is this feeling?” Jun.K touched his chest. Jun.K still confused when he suddenly saw Chansung walked toward him.

Jun.K automatically put his finger on his lips, asked Chansung to kept silent, and Chansung smartly know what was exactly happening. He moved slowly and wanted to tell Jun.K that their schedule was about to begin.

But Chansung didn’t have time yet to tell him, suddenly they heard a phone rang. “Kim Ajumha, Kim Ajumha.” The woman robotic sound heard from Kimmi’s ponsel.

“Ne, ajumha? (yes, aunty)” Kimmi answered hurriedly.

“Namsoon-ah?” Kimmi’s voice changed to be worrier when she found that Namsoon, Mrs. Kim’s first child called her while crying.

Mean while Jun.K and Chansung looked Kimmi worriedly. “What happen?” Chansung whispered to Jun.K . But of course Jun.K couldn’t answer anything. He was much worrier than Chansung. Especially when he saw Kimmi stood up and prepared to leave.

“Ne? (what) Oo, gidarilkeyo (wait a minute) I’ll be there soon.” Kimmi quickly took her stick and walked quickly, Jun.K unknowingly also made his way to chase Kimmi.

Kimmi already made two steps when she remembered something. She suddenly turned and made Jun.K stopped his step. “Is she feeling my existence?” Jun.K thought.

Kimmi looked worry. She then said. “Jeonggam-ah, hurry back to Chansung. I have to go now, find Chansung, ok?”

“Miauww” Jeonggam answered, as if they really communicate to each other. Hearing Joenggam answered her, Kimmi then continued her quick step. Jun.K could do anything, besides following her.

Mean while Chansung tried soo hard to didn’t scream to hold Jun.K “HYEONGGG!!” he screamed without sound. “Odigaa!!!? (where are u going) our schedule is about to start!!!” Chansung kept screaming while whispering.

Jun.K didn’t care, as if he lost his mind for a while, he had no idea but following Kimmi and made sure she’ll be ok.

“What is happening? Why she looks so much in hurry?!” Jun.K murmured. While maintaining his distance so he wouldn’t find out by Kimmi and at the same time not loosing her.

Kimmi walked quickly passing block by block, her steps were steady, as if she is not a blind girl. But suddenly there was someone rode the bicycle and almost hit Kimmi.

Jun.K almost screamed. Fortunately he could hold himself. And Kimmi didn’t hurt.

“YAHH!!! Joshimheraaa!! (be careful)” the man screamed at Kimmi.

“Mianhaeyo (I am sorry)” Kimmi bowed once, then continued to walk. She must be so worry, until she didn’t have a chance to make a proper apology to that man.

“Yashh, I jjasik!!! (what a bad girl) she almost got me into trouble, but she only said sorry like that!!” the man seemed so furious.

Jun.K didn’t give a damn with that angry man, he passed that man and continued to chase Kimmi. This time was closer enough to make sure Kimmi wont get into another trouble because being too hurry.

They made a turn in the next block. Kimmi walked toward a little home, she opened the fence easily and walked in. “Ajumha!” She called worriedly. “Namsoo____”

“YAHH!! Noe yogi wae isso??!! (what are u doing here)” suddenly there was a drunken man, shouted inside the home, it made Kimmi stopped her shaking feet.

“Ajushi! Don’t do that please don’t do that!” although Kimmi couldn’t see anything but she knew Mr. Kim was hitting his family again. Kimmi can hear Namsoon and Soona were crying inside the house.

Kimmi started to cry. “Jebal, hajima~ (please don’t do that)” Kimmi begged to that man.

“Noen nuguya??! (who the hell are you)” He shouted again, he opened the net door and tried to see Kimmi from his drunken eyes. “Aahhh~ the rich lonely blind girl, my sweet neighbor!” he said drunkenly. He then stepped closer to Kimmi and touched Kimmi hair.

Jun.K tighten his hand. He knew something bad will happen if he kept hiding. But it was impossible for him to just come out, what if people recognize him soon.

“Yah, Kimmi ssi, do you have money?” he asked again.

Kimmi hold her stick tightly, she planned to hit him with her stick if he started to do something bad to her. “Opseo! (nothing)” Kimmi strengthen her voice.

“Ha..ha..ha.. kotjitmal!! Neo tun manhi isso, ketjyo? (liar, you have so much money, don’t you) you’re a rich girl!!” he spoke right in front of Kimmi’s face, Kimmi could smell his stinky breath from his mouth.

“Give me your money.” The man started to touch Kimmi’s jacket, looked inside Kimmi’s pocket.

“Hajima!! (don’t do that)” Kimmi screamed.

Jun.K stepped forward, but the man stopped. So Jun.K also hold his step.

Ms. Kim laughed, he was laughing crazily in front of Kimmi then suddenly, without a single warning he slapped Kimmi. One hard painful slap, made Kimmi felt down to the ground.

Jun.K could bear it any longer. He ran toward them quickly.

“How dare you screamed at me!! Oo?!! Do you wanna die!!?” The man again raised his hand to hit Kimmi, but Jun.K came at the right moment, he quickly covered Kimmi’s body with his, so the hit aimed to Kimmi ended in his back.

“Ugh!” Jun.K tried so hard to do not make a sound, although he felt his back was burning in pain. He hold Kimmi so tight. Mean while Kimmi opened her eyes widely. She didn’t know what happen, she heard her own breath in this man hug.  “who is he?” Kimmi thought. “Why this man looked like Jun.K?”

“Nuguya?!! (who the hell are you)” Mr. Kim became more furious after seeing a man bother his action.  “Nugurago! (I asked you, who the hell are you)”

“BUKK!!” Mr. Kim kicked Jun.K

“Ugh!” again Jun.K hold his voice.

Oppositely, Kimmi screamed crazily. “Hajima! (don’t do that) Ajushi jebal stop doing that” Kimmi screamed between her tears.

Jun.K hold Kimmi’s head, embraced her hair between his fingers. As if he asked her to keep silent. Kimmi cried powerlessly in his arms.

“Palli ka! (go away) leave us alone!! It’s none of your business!!” Mr. Kim kicked Jun.K non stop.

Jun.K felt his back burned in pain. Kimmi hold his arms tightly. “Kaseyo~ Kaseyo jebal. (go, I am begging you please just go)” Kimmi didn’t want this man got into trouble because if her.

Jun.K hold his breath, he suddenly reached Kimmi stick. And in the next second swing that stick to Mr. Kim, right under his left eye.

Mr. Kim felt blood came out from his skin. “DAMN YOU!! BASTARD!!” Mr. Kim got Jun.K colar and hit him hard!

Jun.K tried to defense himself by punching back to Mr. Kim.

Mr.Kim pushed Jun.K to the ground and sit in front of him. He beat Jun.K so many times.

Kimmi didn’t know what was exactly happening, but she knew her helper was in danger. “Hajima!! HAJIMAA!!!! DOWAJUSEYOOOO,, JEBAL!! AMUGOTDO EOPSEO!!!! SALYOJOSEYOOOO!!!! (don’t do that, don’t do that! Help us!! Please help us!! Is anybody here? Please help us!!)”

Suddenly there is a police car’s sound from far. Namsoon___Mr. Kim’ son, suddenly got out and screamed “Daddy stop it!! I’ve called the police!!! Please STOPPPPPPP!!!!” Namsoon got crazy to see his father attitude, he was so angry to his father. If he can he would like to kill his father right now!

Both Mr. Kim and Jun.K shocked with that warning. Mr. Kim planned to run away, Jun.K planned to do that as well. He can't be here!! He can't be caught here!!!! But it is impossible for him to leave Kimmi now!! “what should I do?” Jun.K thought.

Mr. Kim tried to stood up and ran away, but Jun.K wouldn’t let it happen. He kicked Mr. Kim leg and caused him tripped. “DAMN YOU!!” Mr. Kim shouted.

Jun.K pulled Mr. Kim up. He hit Mr. Kim once again and then brought this crazy guy closer to him. “Listen to me! Listen to me carefully!!” Jun.K whispered in his ear. “Don’t you dare touch my girl again!! If you do this____” Jun.K tight his grab. “I am telling you, If you do this again. I’ll make you regret it for the rest of your life!! Do you hear me?!” Jun.K looked Mr. Kim in his eyes.

Mr. Kim laughed, but it didn’t for long because at the same time Jun.K hit his head to Mr. Kim head and made that guy passed out in the ground.

Jun.K heard the police car was getting closer. He became worrier and looked at Kimmi. Jun.K confused, he had to go immediately. Eventually he pulled his clothes to cover his face, he came closer to Namsoon and gave Kimmi’s stick to him.

“Make sure she’ll be okay. I count on you” Jun.K whispered.

“I will.” That 11 years old boy nodded. Jun.K didn’t need to ask him. He will protect Kimmi as hard as he can, even if he had to hit his father. He won’t let that bad guy hurting his family again.

“Go to her.” Jun.K asked to Namsoon.

Namsoon then quickly made his step to Kimmi. “Noona! Gwenchana? (are you ok)”

“Namsoon-ah, neo gwenhani? (are you ok) the guy, where is he? Is he ok?” Kimmi asked worriedly.

Namsoon looked at Jun.K. Jun.K quickly put his finger on his lips. He shook his head, Namsoon understand his sign, he grabbed Kimmi’s hand. “He just went away. He is ok, kaza noona, nae omma ga noona philyohaeyo (lets go noona, my mother need you)”

Kimmi suddenly remember about Mrs. Kim. “Oo!” She nodded quickly. “Kaza (lets go)”

The police almost arrived. Namsoon hold his step. “Noona monjo kalkaeyo (Noona go first) I’ll take care of it”

“Namsoon-ah___”

“Gwenchanayo~ kaseyo, omma philyohae (I’ll be ok, just go, Omma needs you)”

Kimmi had no choice, she then made her step into the house.

Namsoon waited for the car arrived. He looked at Jun.K who just went out from his house. Namsoon chased him. “Gomawoyo hyeong~ (thank you)”

Jun.K looked at Namsoon, he kept his face covered. He nodded and then ran away. When the police arrived Jun.K already on the next block. He sighed in relief but still left pain in his heart. “Kimmi, what should I do about you?” Jun.K sighed again.

“What should I do about you?” ____________________________

 

>>>>to be continued