Chapter 11 - Does She Love Me Too?

Light My Love

“Ajumha? (aunty) is that you?” Kimmi turned her head, when she heard foot step behind her.

The middle aged woman who quietly entered the room shocked and changed her facial expression into smiling. “Ah.. ne Kimmi, na ya~ (yes, Kimmi, it’s me)” she answered nervously but Kimmi didn’t notice that, she smiled and said. “I am almost ready, jamkanman gidariseyo (wait a minute)^^”

Mrs. Kim__Kimmi’s closest neighbor squeezed her finger, her eyes focus on one corner, to the table where Kimmi put her wallet, she almost took it when Kimmi felt her existence in this house. Mrs. Kim actually wasn’t a bad person, but a hard life led her to do something beyond her willingness. And Kimmi was the easiest target for her. This blind girl was so innocent, take a little money from her won’t make her realize anything. Besides, Mrs. Kim didn’t take it for free, she took care of Kimmi since her father died 2 months ago.

Actually Kimmi did paid her, but Mrs. Kim had 2 children and she needed more money. Her job as a ddokbukki seller wasn’t enough. Her husband was a drunken and only got her into trouble. Kimmi was her only hope. Kimmi also needed her, they needed each other to live this hard life.

***

Mrs. Kim accompanied Kimmi to buy her monthly need. they went home an hour later. Mrs. Kim also helped Kimmi to put everything in the right order.

“There is radish kimchi on the fridge on the first shelf, gugi (meat) is right besides it___but I don’t hope you will cook yourself. Just call me if you wanna eat something, arraso (do u understand)”

Kimmi nodded her head. “Ne kamsahamnida ajumha. (thanks aunty)____emm ajhuma, this is for you.” Kimmi gave her some money. It’s only 50.000 won, it’s not much money, but Kimmi just gave her some money two days ago. “Mianhaeyo (I am sorry) but my salary isn’t paid fully this month. I hope I could give you more ajumha.”

Mrs. Kim’s guilty face was all around face but Kimmi couldn’t see it. She almost refused Kimmi’s gift but she changed her mind, she needed that money, so that she took it quickly and push away her guiltiness. “You don’t have to do this, but thank you so much.” Mrs. Kim said.

Kimmi smiled. “kamsahamnida ajumha (thanks aunty)” she replied.

Mrs. Kim nodded. “Arasseo, na kanta (ok, I’ll go now) lock the door if you wanna go to the radio building, ok?”

Kimmi nodded and smiled. She waited the sound of closed door and then took a deep breath. She opened her wallet and touched her money one by one. Kimmi always arrange her money based on the numbers. Her father taught her to do so. From the right side to the left, from the biggest number to the smallest one. and now after her father death, Mrs. Kim helped her to arrange her money. Kimmi counted her money and sighed hardly.

 

***

“2 PM” her phone rang telling her the recent time. Kimmi closed her book, she arrange the ruler and needle to make Braille holes into her pencil case. She took her stick and locked the door. She made her way to her favorite place. Kimmi smiled in her way to there. GAG concert today is so funny.

10 minutes later Kimmi arrived, she opened the iron fence and looked her fave chair under the cheery blossom tree right in the corner.

“2PM, 2PM, 2PM!!”

Kimmi lifted her head. “Oo, 2PM tto wasseo? (2PM come again)” Kimmi felt her heart pounding a lit faster.

“Kyaaaa Nichkhun oppa!!!!!!”

Kimmi heard fans screaming from other side. Kimmi smiled, “Nichkhun is so famous among them. He must be so handsome.” Kimmi repeated her first statement when she heard Nichkhun’s name.

Kimmi smiled when she heard people screamed JunK’s name. “But he must be as handsome as Nichkhun.” Kimmi stopped herself, again she felt her heart pounding strangely when she think about JunK.

Since Kimmi knew this idol group Kimmi thought about the member all the time. But her heart pounding hardest everytime she thought about one guy. “Do I really fall in love with this guy?” Kimmi asked herself. “ashhh.. michinabwa!! (I’ll go crazy) I cant let my self fall in love! Not to him!!” Kimmi again stopped herself when she felt someone or maybe something coming and from the atmosphere Kimmi knew that this kind of feeling is_____

Kimmi’s heart beating so fast. She squeezed her fingers, the air surround her felt so strong. Kimmi turned her head. “Jeonggam?” she asked.

Jun.K stopped his step. He even hold his breath. He knew Kimmi couldn’t see but he was hiding his body behind the tree.

Kimmi kept silent and tried to evaluate her surroundings once again. She believed her feeling. “Jeonggam aniya? (is it not Jeonggam)” Kimmi asked carefully.

JunK became more nervous, he remembered when Kimmi said that his existence is same with Jeonggam, cheerful and happy, but at the same time Kimmi also felt secure, as if she was with her father.

Kimmi felt more nervous, since she didn’t have a respond. She knew it from the first time she felt it, but she tried to deny it. “it cant be” she murmured slowly. Kimmi stood up. “if it is not Jeonggam, could it probably______”

JunK swallowed his saliva that stuck in his throat. “Hoksi dangsineun Jun____ (is it possible you are Jun___)”

“Miauwww~” Jeonggam ran toward Kimmi and stop between her leg.

Kimmi shocked. She hold her breath, she almost cried but laughing at the same time. She didn’t know whether she had to feel happy or sad now.

Kimmi sighed and bowed to take Jeonggam. Kimmi brought this sweety cat to the chair and scratched his neck. “Noe kunna (so it is you) nappeun koyangi neo! (what a bad cat you are) you almost treat me! Lets make a rule, once you come you have to make a sound, so I wont think something else, araseo? (do you get it)”

“miauww ragu~ (say miauw) miauwww~” Kimmi told Jeonggam. But the cat kept silent. “yahh noona anderyeo? (you don’t listen to noona)” Kimmi played fool with Jeonggam, her only chingu. “miauww ragu, palli (say miauw hurry)” Kimmi told him again. Then suddenly Jeonggam made a cute sound.

“Miauww” Kimmi laughed and repeated his sound, they sound same. “Miauwww~ aigoo jarhantaaa! (good boy)” Kimmi kissed Jeonggam.

Unknowingly, JunK smiled by himself. He found Kimmi is so cute and kind, and that made him couldn’t take his eyes from her. He really wanted to come closer and played together with her and Jeonggam, but JunK didn’t have encouraged doing that. So he stayed in his place look at Kimmi from far.    

JunK almost turned his body to catch his friends inside when he heard Kimmi asked question to Jeonggam. “Jeonggam-ah daedabhaebwa (answer me) from all 2PM member, which one is the most handsome?”

JunK knew it is stupid, but he actually anticipating the answer eventhought he knew Joenggam will not able to answer it. “Nugu? Ohhh.. Chansungie?” Kimmi played fool.

JunK gritted his teeth. “mwo? Chansungieragu? (you said Chansung) how can his name come out? He is not the most handsome one,, he is just the biggest one!” JunK told to himself.

“eishh kotjitmal~ (liar) you only said that because he is your hyeong, ketji? (right)”

“Kerohtji! (that’s right)” unknowingly JunK mesmerized by Kimmi’s monolog.

“keurigo, nickhun oppa rang, JunK oppa rang, nuga jeil mossissoyo? (so, between Nickhun and JunK oppa, who’s more the most handsome)” Kimmi asked carefully. She brought Jeonggam closer to her face. “Nugu? (who)” she asked again.

“ahhh.. keurohkunna (so it is)” Kimmi nodded. She let Jeonggam played besides her, Kimmi looked forward, she was smiling purely. “keurae na do irohkae saenggakhani, Keu sarami wanjeon jeil mossisoyo (that’s right, I also think that way, for me that person is the most handsome one)” Kimmi said slowly.

 

Deg.. deg.. deg.. Jun.K was anticipating Kimmi's answer but the girl didnt say anything yet. Jun.K almost exploded inside, when suddenly Kimmi smiled, one light smiled.

 

Jun.K looked at her cheeks that touched by summer sun shine under the blossom tree, and at that time, Jun.K absolutely hear her saying slowly.

 

"Jun.K ssi ga~"

 

“DEG!!!” JunK felt that his heart beat stopped for a moment. He couldn’t believe his ears. “Kimmi____does she________does she love me, too?”

 

>>>>>>to be continued