Chapter 2

His Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Having to play around with frivolous children of his kind in a huge playground was one of the things he wanted to do in a daily basis. Another was to see his dad inside their house every day. He knew - although he was raised in a very authoritative and strict manners of his parents - that his wish to see his dad daily was out of his reach. He was only five years old, yet the way he thinks was far beyond the other children his age. He was more matured, understanding, and patient. His mum told him that. She raised him well, though sometimes she could be really scary. He loved his mum, but he hoped it was his dad that he would be with every day.

He missed him... so much. 

In a week, he only had a chance to see his father once. Sometimes their meeting was just for one hour - however, if his dad wasn't busy, he could spend maybe at the maximum of three hours in his arms. It was hard - it was hard for him to cope in this situation. He remembered when they were still in America, he was only three years old, his dad would always carry him around, play with him and even take him to the playground. And oh, he missed his friends back in America: Audrey, Vincent, and Sophia - his best friends. He missed playing with them - he missed playing and cuddling with his dad. 

Somehow, he hated going to Korea. But he hadn't had much of a choice, had he? Yes, because it's his parents' hometown after all. He was raised in America; grew up in American culture, speak fluently in American language. It was difficult to make friends because they all speak in Korean - and he had not have any idea what were the things they were talking about. It made him feel left out so he was always recoiling whenever he was to play with Korean kids. Sometimes, their parents would scold him for something he did - which he thought was not wrong in any sense. In America, slapping the cheek of his best friend, Audrey, was just a normal thing. Why would they make a fuss? Maybe, it's their culture. Sigh, it was so strenuous to adapt in a new world. 

For him, Korea was a new world. Living in a completely different surrounding and people was a new world. But he hated it. Since they went to Korea, all the things that his dad were doing was work. Paper works, reports here and there, business trips from north to south, east to west. It caused the time he had to be with his dad to decrease and decrease until an h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter