Chapter 4

His Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The music was blaring loudly into his ears as he entered the polluted pub. People danced around wildly, feeling ecstatic inside the small place; grinding each other in glee as they drank from their wines. Some of them were already drunk while he could tell those who were still sober or even those hormonal teenagers that were dressing up as if they were already in their adulthood. Who would have thought that the conservative land of South Korea has this side too. This actually was not he expected, irony that he was quite like this too when he was still a teenaged boy. Hormonal teenaged boy.

Taeyeon drank from his beer as he thought of the reason why he was drinking at this time, when he was supposed to bury his nose on his computer screen and work his off. He had already started managing Pizza Hut for just a few days. He thought managing a business was just as easy as reciting the numbers, however, he thought completely wrong when Mr. Shin just shoved a pile of documents and files for him to review and work on. He even asked him for a report and the due was immediately for the next week. This job surely stressed him out already.

He gulped another sip from his beer and excruciatingly exhaled. He suddenly remembered the lost boy from the Han River. Strangely, he couldn't get over that kid. He didn't know why exactly. He just felt so comfortable toward the boy, like he was blood-related or something like that. He peculiarly reminded him of himself, especially the dimple on his chin and the way his eyes glowed whenever he smiled. However, what bothered him the most was his mother. Jessica... Kwon, if he remembered properly. He actually hadn't had the chance to meet her since they just vanished from Taeyeon's sight that day in Han River. The fact that her name was Jessica sent him already into a sudden internal turmoil. He could not help but think that that Jessica Kwon could be his Jessica. What if she was already married to a guy who has 'Kwon' as his family name? What if that Jaeyoon kid was actually her son? Did he just lose the game on trying to win her back? Marry her? Have family with her? He thought he was just being paranoid once again, actually, he hoped so that he was just over-thinking things. He should look into a different light from now on. 

He pulled out his wallet and placed two 10 000 won bills on the counter, leaving his unfinished mug of beer. He knew he couldn't drink so much, his healthy body agreed to it somehow. He left the pub with a bit of struggling since the people were really busy dancing their might. It quite irked him but managed to control himself. He smelled the fresh air and decided to hail a cab rather than to walk. It was very lazy of him considering that his accommodation was just 100 metres away from the pub. 

 

***

 

It was a Friday and the the weather outside was still brilliant. If it wasn't for the meeting today, he would just be usually wandering around Seoul or relax around Han River. But he had to remind himself that he was serious about this job because it was his key to succeed and an important key for him to unlock Jessica's heart once again. He told her he would wait for her, and so he did. He waited for her, he hoped though that his wait was worth it when he would meet Jessica Jung one day. 

He was inside the kitchen of a Pizza Hut branch in Myeongdong, his job here was to observe how was the pizzas were made, the ingredients, the process, the proper kneading of the dough and some other important things in how to make a pizza that would meet the customers' standards. From watching, he realised it was such a difficult job. Thank God he was a soon-to-be CEO. 

"Mr. Kim, you can have your break now. Mr. Shin told us that it was the last branch for today. For tomorrow, you'll start in Jamsil at 8am." Mr. Lee, the one who was escorting him throughout this whole inspecting thing informed. He smiled at him, a forced one at that. He knew this guy didn't like him - the way he scrutinised him from his head to feet said it all. No wonder to this bald guy. "If you are hungry you can request for anything and they'll make it for you right away."

Taeyeon nodded and faked a smile. "Thank you so much, Mr. Lee," he then bowed and quickly strode over for a vacant table near the exit. He wasn't that hungry, to be honest, so he decided to just laze around the fast food chain. 

"Hey," Taeyeon shot his head up and looked for the source of the voice. He searched around but nothing caught his eyes, so he concluded that he was just maybe hearing things. 

"Hey," The same voice called. Taeyeon bit his lip, now he could feel someone pulling the hem of his shirt from the back. He was starting to get annoyed by that time. He turned around and the pinprick somehow vanished at the sight of the cute boy - Kwon Jaeyoon. What a coincidence, they met again. 

A small smile crept up to his lips as he looked at the child. "Hey, so it has been you. What are you doing here?... alone, again?" He brushed Jaeyoon's unsteady bangs and continued to give him a smile. He couldn't help but to feel giddy - he didn't know why - seeing this little cute-looking young boy. Some part of him was worried though, was Jaeyoon lost again?

As if answering the question in his mind, Jaeyoon shook his head, looking like a puppy getting overly excited. He was so adorable, Taeyeon wanted to pinch his cheeks, stretch it wide and kiss him over and over again. He literally wanted to do that, but he knew it was illegal, he was a stranger after all.

"Mommy Jessi is inside the toilet, she told me to wait here," he grinned as he continued, "Then I saw you. I wasn't able to say thank you to you so I'll say it now." Taeyeon looked expectantly at him as he bowed down. "Thank you so much, ahjussi," he then jumped into him and embraced his neck. Taeyeon was beyond shock. He hugged the boy back and patted his head.

Jaeyoon let go and chuckled. "Mommy Jessi should meet you, I'm sure she's thankful too." He sat down comfortably on Taeyeon's lap, making Taeyeon so happy somehow. His mind was continuously bombarding him questions, which he was sure he couldn't probably tell the answer. He too, was confused over the fact that he was so happy and comfortable with this boy. It's the first time he felt like this again - it was weird... it was a strange feeling. 

"Hey Jaeyoon," He called out, tapping the boy's thigh. He looked at him and stared directly in his eyes. Taeyeon was lost for a moment - what the hell was wrong with him? He cleared his throat and lightly shook his head. "Want me to treat you an ice cream?" He saw the boy's eyes twinkled as he let those words out. 

"Really?!" Jaeyoon's smile got even wider, but suddenly, the smile turned into a cute pout. "Mommy Jessi doesn't let me though... she told me it was bad for my health." The boy started sulking. 

The sight made Taeyeon's heart swelled - either because he found this boy really adorable or he pitied him because ice cream tasted really amazing, it was even his favourite desert. He sighed and ruffled the boy's hair. He concluded that the answer was both. He was really cute doing a pout like that, and he really seemed that he wanted to taste an ice cream once. One try wouldn't hurt. "Hey, your Mommy Jessi is still in the toilet, right?" Jaeyoon nodded. Taeyeon leaned in and whispered, "We could sneak out and buy outside." 

Jaeyoon grinned for a while before it turned into a sad frown once again. "Mommy Jessi will scold me again."

Taeyeon sighed and lift the boy in his arms. "I'll take care of that. We should get ice cream n--"

"Who the hell are you and where are you taking my son?"

Taeyeon gulped, his eyes went wide like saucers. He looked at Jaeyoon and the boy just snuggled into his chest. He bit his lip and slowly turned, however a solid punch landed straig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter