Chapter 9

His Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: It's double update guys! Go back to make sure you won't miss the last chapter! Sorry for updating irregularly... so as an aplogy, double update! :D

 

Puffing from his cigarette, Yul kicked an empty coca-cola can as he paced left and right. His head kept on glancing at the arrival area, waiting patiently for someone to emerge from the doors with a pink duffle bag and maybe pink boots too. She would then run towards him and wrapped his arms around him, giving him the warmth he greatly missed. The thought put out a smile on his face.

“Oppa!” Yul turned back only to see darkness blocking his sight of view. He heard a very familiar giggle and it was enough for him to identify who the person was. He smiled again before he gently caressed the pair of hands on his face. When he finally had a clear vision of the woman in front of him, he quickly cupped her face and pecked her lips.

“Welcome back, Steph,” he whispered as he once again kissed her lips. He kissed her again, and again, and again, and only stopped when the woman shoved his face away and broke into a fit of laughter. Yul chuckled softly and hugged her tight. “You don’t know how much I missed you, Fany-ah,” he mumbled as the woman buried her face deeper in the crook of his neck.

She pecked his neck and looked up at him. “I miss you too, Yul.” They gazed at each other, with longing and adoration in their eyes. Yul broke it first and clasped their hands together.

“Now, now, I have two weeks to spend with you,” he informed with a wide grin. The woman looked at him in confusion. “Where do – “

“Yul... did you lie again?” She asked with a grim expression. She hated it when Yul lie to other people just because of her.

Yul sighed and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. “I... lied, yes... but look, it’s for us alright? I want to spend time with you. We’ve been away for ages already... and Jessica is back to her old self again. You know how much I hate to see my best – w-w-wife... “ Yul groaned lowly. “But you know what I mean right?”

Tiffany bit her lip. She held Yul’s hand on her shoulder and gave him a sympathetic look. “Jessi’s back to her old self? You mean... she’s crying herself to sleep again?” Her eyes that were always crescent in shape softened as she heard what her best friend’s going through again. Yul and she knew how much Jessica suffered ever since they went to America... they also knew Jessica has moved on already, after the excruciating three years they have worked hard to keep her back in shape, but how could this happen again? What did – who did trigger those feelings again?

Yul reluctantly bobbed his head up and down. Tiffany leaned her head on his shoulder. “I don’t think it’s the right time to leave her Yul... she needs us... I think...” she mumbled.

Yul sighed before they started walking towards his car. “Maybe she needs us... for support but Fany, she’s becoming so hostile again. I don’t even know what the hell I did wrong and she just started glaring at me and Jae – actually she’s glaring at anyone her eyes landed on.” He ranted, kicking the pebbles he would pass by in frustration.

Tiffany giggled and leaned her back on the trunk of Yul’s car. “As if you don’t know Jessi well, huh?” she scoffed.

He bit the inside of his cheek as he threw the forgotten cigar in his hand. “I know but... she’s the one that sta – “

“Shh,” Tiffany put her index finger on his lips. “Know what you’re right, maybe we could just spend time together for those two weeks,” she smiled, eyes once again turning into half moons. She knew Yul was turning mad and that’s the least thing she wanted upon her arrival. She giggled before hopping inside the passenger seat, gesturing for Yul to come quickly.

***

 

Jaeyoon squirmed as he felt a weight on his back. He ly to see his mum’s face right in front of him. He rubbed the sleepiness off his eyes as he tried to look at the figure again... and indeed, it was his Mommy. His heart beat loudly against his chest as fear consumed his head. What if his Mommy Jessi would scold him again? What if she would ignore him again? What if she would see her cry again? He didn’t like it when he sees his mum cry, and he was afraid that when she scolded him again she would start to cry. She would always do that... and he’s scared right now. He wouldn’t know how to calm her mum down... He bit his lip and cautiously moved out from his mum’s arm around him. When he saw his mum was still deeply asleep, he sat up and just stared at her. He didn’t know what to do.

His eyes wandered around the room and confusion immediately appeared in his face at the unfamiliar surroundings. Where were they? He was sure it wasn’t his room... or his mum and dad’s room. He looked around again and almost jumped off in shock when the door opened, revealing... Uncle Taengoo?!

He moved out of the bed carefully before running towards Taeyeon, pouncing on him making the older guy to carry him in his arms. Suddenly, he remembered what has happened last night. He hugged Taeyeon’s neck and whispered in his ear: “Uncle Taengoo, you said last night mommy won’t scold me right?” he pulled out slightly to look at Taeyeon worriedly.

To his relief, Taeyeon nodded his head. “Your mum told me she won’t...” he smiled at him. Jaeyoon grinned and kissed Taeyeon’s cheek. “You’re the best Uncle Taengoo!” He whispered cheerfully, not wanting to wake his mum up.  

Taeyeon grinned and petted his head. “Are you hungry?” He asked, Jaeyoon bobbed his head eagerly and squirmed out his way from his arms. “Wait for me; I’ll just wash up quickly.” He said but Jaeyoon was already walking towards the kitchen.

“Uncle Taengoo, I want cereals... you have cereals?” Jaeyoon pushed a chair from the dining table and placed it in front of the fridge. He then climbed up and opened the fridge, seeing nothing but jugs of water and milk. He frowned and shut the door close. “Uncle Taengoo, you got no cereal?” He turned around only to see his uncle Taengoo not there anymore. His frown deepened as he carefully got down the chair. He began wandering around the apartment to search for him, and when he opened the room where he slept at, he saw Uncle Taengoo facing the wall and his mum sitting on the edge of the bed. Not wanting to interrupt, Jaeyoon pushed the door close and hopped on the couch, waiting for someone to make his breakfast.

***

 

Taeyeon fumbled about on the hem of his shirt as he bit his lip hard. He stared at the white floor in front of him and immediately took a deep breath. “I-I... I’m... s-s-sorry... I... I did...didn’t... k-know you w-w-were there... i-inside... the t-toilet...” He clutched his shirt even tighter. His ears reddened as he felt blood went up to his face. Jessica didn’t respond so he assumed that he needed to explain more. He fumbled again and looked on the wall like a guilty deer caught in red lights. “I... was just... about... to... g-get my toothbrush... and o-other stuffs –“

“That’s... a-alright... it’s your house... anyway...” Jessica suddenly spoke. Taeyeon bit his lip even harder. He knew it wasn’t alright. It’s Jessica Jung we’re talking about after all.

Taeyeon turned around and tried to look at Jessica fully but after a split second his gaze found the pillow on the bed. His heart felt like a bomb ready to explode inside his chest. He was so apprehensive he couldn’t think properly – heck, he could not even form a sentence without stuttering. “You...k-know... I’d rather you hit me senseless than you l-lying... Sica...” he stated, face getting hotter by each second that passed.

Taeyeon remained looking down and when he heard Jessica’s feet coming closer to him, he could only squeeze his eyes shut and wait for a kick, a punch, a slap, or whichever Jessica felt like doing to him right now.

Jessica stopped in front of him and Taeyeon began bracing himself, his hand almost went down to his crotch but decided not to because he found it a bit inappropriate, hence in the end he stayed rooted on the ground, eyes shut. After waiting for a few seconds, Taeyeon heard small giggles coming from someone in front of him. Curious and confused, he slowly opened his eyes. Jessica shoved his face and continued to giggle while walking passed by him.

Taeyeon froze on his spot, eyes wide, feet, thighs, limbs, fingers were numb. His ears couldn’t register any sounds but the sound of his heart beating so fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter