Chapter 14

His Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica was staring at the empty space once again, Tiffany noticed. She had been like this ever since this morning and Tiffany was getting tired on telling her off. Luckily, Jaeyoon was having his afternoon nap so it was less problematic.

Tiffany was highly confident that everything was at peace when she had decided to leave London for a while to visit her best friend. However, she never once thought that their situation when they were in America would repeat itself.

Jessica had fallen so hard and deeply with Taeyeon, and that fact would be the main reason why Tiffany was almost certain that this process would be repeated over and over again. Tiffany was confused why – why would she love a man like him so much to an extent that she would lie to her own best friend just to clear his name and put all the blame on her?

She’s going to be honest; everything that Jessica had confessed to her seemed almost forced and impossible for her. She wanted to believe her best friend but she just couldn’t convince herself to. Also, if that’s the case then why would Jessica want to abort Jaeyoon before? She told her she wanted a child with Taeyeon, but thinking of aborting that child completely contradicted her.

Tiffany stood up and gave Jessica a glance. She was still dozing off. Bored, Tiffany went out to the backyard and sat on a red folding chair.

She remembered the night when Jessica arrived inside their shared apartment, soaked from the rain. It was their first week in L.A and the first week when all the pretence had begun. What was happening that time was still vague and Tiffany was not entirely sure what the three of them had entered. However, reality slapped her hard in the face when she watched her best friend curled into a ball, crying just as she had stepped a foot in their apartment.

Tiffany wanted to comfort her at that time but she didn’t know how to. What Jessica was going through was so sensitive; she didn’t know how to form sentences that would not offend Jessica. As her best friend, Tiffany was so worried but at the same time really disappointed at her. Sure she was aware of Jessica sleeping around with different men, having flings and stuffs but she never imagined one of those flings would come this far – that somebody eventually won her heart. However, as exciting as that sounded, Jessica had fallen for the wrong man.

She continued to stare at Jessica for the whole night until Yul came back from work. Their relationship at that time was still strong and she was determined to get through their current predicament together for Jessica. Yul admitted to her that it was too much of a burden and he was extremely pressured, for Mr. Jung immediately appointed him to a higher position once they’ve announced that he had impregnated Jessica. Yul badly wanted to tell the truth, but Tiffany, without a second thought stopped him.

For Tiffany, they had already promised Jessica as the three of them were best friends. The both of them promised that they would help Jessica get over it as quickly as possible. They promised that they would stick together until the end. They promised – and they shou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter