Chapter 16

His Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So what do you think Mr. Kim?”

Taeyeon continued to walk ahead, his head still deep in thought. What happened last night was still stuck in his mind. It’s making him go crazy and angry at the same time. All he wanted to do at that moment was to call Jessica and tell her everything, that way there’s a possibility that Jessica would be his again. But he was hesitant. He wouldn’t want his selfishness to hurt Jessica... but then again, what’s right and what’s wrong?

“Mr. Kim?”

Taeyeon gasped as he saw Juhyun in front of him; eyes narrowed. “Yes?” He answered.

Juhyun heaved a sigh. “Mr. Kim, were you even listening to the workers’ complaints?” Taeyeon just stared at her. He didn’t even have a clue on what she was talking about. He took a seat to the nearest chair and gestured Juhyun to sit across him. “Mr. Kim? Are you not feeling well?”

Taeyeon buried his face on his palms. He was so confused. As much as he didn’t want to involve personal matters while working, he just couldn’t help it. It involved Jessica, and he knew he just wanted the best for her. He just wanted her to be happy, that’s why he let her go in the first place. But now that he had known that the person he entrusted Jessica to was cheating behind her back... he just wouldn’t let it slip away. He needed to do something. But...

Taeyeon groaned inside his palms, making Juhyun shift on her seat. She leaned forward and patted Taeyeon’s hands. “Mr. Kim, if you’re not feeling well I could just call Mr. Shin – “

“I don’t know what to do, Ms. Seo. I’m so bloody confused.” Taeyeon put down his hands and looked at Juhyun straight in her eyes.

Juhyun returned the look sympathetically. It hurt her whenever she sees her brother like this. Whatever he’s going through, she hoped that Taeyeon would share it to her. “You can talk to me about it, if you won’t mind Mr. Kim.”

Taeyeon was reluctant at first but he eventually realised that he would soon explode if he wouldn’t let it out his system. “Miss – Ah, can I call you Juhyun? It’s more comfortable that way.” Juhyun gladly nodded. “Well... I have a friend. I saw her husband cheating on her.” Taeyeon looked up and saw Juhyun frowning. “I don’t know what to do, Juhyun. I...I love her. I mean... as a friend. I love her as a friend and I don’t know if it’s just right to tell her... or it’s wrong because it’s not my business to interfere in their relationship at all.”

Taeyeon stared at Juhyun, waiting for what she had to say. Juhyun tilted her head as she tried to find the right answer to give him. Finally, she looked at Taeyeon and saw a glint of hope shone in his eyes. “Mr. Ki – “

“Taeyeon.”

“Right. Uh... Taeyeon. I think it’s just right to tell her about it. You may just be her friend but I think the both of you know each other well enough for you to say that you love her. Somehow, you have the right to get involved in her life and of course she has the right to know the truth. It might hurt her but at least you know that you’ve helped her to see behind closed doors. It’s better than watching her get fooled around by her husband and not knowing a single thing at all.”

Taeyeon smiled gratefully. Everything that Juhyun said made sense and it lifted a heavy rock on his shoulders. At least he knew what to do now. “Thank you, Juhyun. You’re seriously the best secretary ever.”

Juhyun just grinned. “Anyway, Mr. Kim, I’ll just talk to the manager and get the list of the workers’ complaints. I’ll be right back.” She then stood up, but before she walked, she turned around and reminded him, “If you’re hungry you can just order some foods on the till because it’d take a while before we can go back to the company.”

Taeyeon nodded and Juhyun eventually went off. When Taeyeon was about to order something, he heard Jaeyoon’s voice screaming out his name. He turned around and saw that it was indeed Jaeyoon. The kid was running towards him at full speed and before he knew it, he was already inside his arms.

“Uncle Taengoo!” Jaeyoon pulled out from the hug and pointed at a nearby table. There Taeyeon saw Jessica, looking at their direction seemingly dumbfounded. “I’m with mommy and auntie Steph.”

Taeyeon smiled and soon Jaeyoon was dragging him towards their table. “Mommy I saw Uncle Taengoo!”

“Yeah, uhm, Taeyeon would you like to eat something?” Jessica asked.

Taeyeon sat down on a chair and shook his head. “No, I’m fine.”

Jessica just shrugged her shoulders and continued eating. The table fell into silence until Jaeyoon broke it once again. “Uncle Taengoo, this is auntie Steph!” He pointed at the woman next to Jessica. Taeyeon politely smiled and slightly bowed his head.

“Nice meeting you... Steph?”

Tiffany waved her hand. “Only close friends call me Steph and since we just met I prefer you call me Tiffany.” She said sternly, glaring at him.

Taeyeon’s eyes widened. Although he remembered her being so rude to him the last time they met, he didn’t expect her to be like this in front of Jaeyoon too. He cleared his throat and just shrugged it off with a smile. “Oh... well nice meeting you Ms. Tiffany.”

Tiffany didn’t respond and just continued eating and feeding Jaeyoon at the same time. Taeyeon then looked at Jessica who he noticed had been avoiding any eye contact with him. By then it finally came to him that maybe Jaeyoon’s the only one who really wanted him to join them.

He was about to stand up when Jessica finally looked at him. “Where are you going?”

He sat down once again as he felt a flutter inside his abdomen. Maybe he was wrong after all. “I thought I’m disturbing you guys.”

Jessica shook her head, looking down once again. “No, uh... well – “

“Uncle Taengoo let’s play ball after this!”

Taeyeon looked apologetically at Jaeyoon. “Uncle Taengoo’s busy today, Jaeyoon. Maybe next time?”

Jaeyoon pouted but nodded anyway. “But you’ll buy me gift tomorrow right? For Christmas?”

Taeyeon chuckled and ruffled his hair. “Sure.”

Jaeyoon gave him a thumb up before he turned to Tiffany again to continue eating. Taeyeon watched him for a bit when he felt a tap on his shoulder. A wide smile went up to his lips, thinking it was Jessica. But to his dismay, it was just Juhyun.

“Yes?”

“Mr. Kim, I supposed you wouldn’t be back with me to the company.” Taeyeon nodded. “Well, I’d be going first. But please go back as soon as possible.” She then bowed and walked away.

“Who was that?”

Taeyeon looked at Jessica. “Juhyun. She’s my secretary.”

Jessica’s eyes widened and in his peripheral view, he noticed Tiffany looking their way as well. “Secretary?”

“Yes, why?” He then realised that he never really talked about this with Jessica. “Ah, I’ll be taking over the company soon...”

Jessica’s eyes remained big. “Wow. Which company?”

Taeyeon bit his lip, feeling shy all of a sudden. “This.”

Jessica was staggered as she realised what he was meaning to say. “This? As in Pizza Hut?” Her eyebrow rose.

Taeyeon nodded and the both of them turned towards Tiffany when they heard a scoff. “Bet you’re enjoying you’re life now after escaping you’re responsibilities huh?”

Taeyeon’s brows furrowed.  What responsibilities? He was already confuse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter