Chapter 3

His Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A/N: The italic sentences/words were said in Korean.

 

Jessica Jung's words, her enthralling smile or even her intriguing eyes have haunted him every night he tried to live peacefully in his dreamland. Her sweet nasally voice have kept on blaring inside his ears as if a broken CD - it was arduous - it disturbed and bothered every cells and veins he have inside his body. He wanted it to stop, he tried, he forced himself but everything he did was futile - he couldn't, and would not ever forget about the girl who stole his everything. He knew she was out of his grasp, and that mere fact felt like all the air he needed to live. As unmanly as it sounded, he cried for her every night. Every single night that he felt hopeless, helpless and trapped behind the barricades she did herself. If only, if only she was still with him - if only she was still beside him; cuddling and snuggling deep inside his embrace; if only he could love her with all his heart... albeit the truth that he perfectly knew that Jessica only thought of him as a toy, he was willing to endure all the pain she would give him. 

He loved and loves her so much. He didn't know how, why, and when, he just felt it. He just felt that his heart was already in the grasp of his former buddy. He just felt that his heart would always drop at the pit of his stomach whenever his skin grazed with hers; that he thought he was going to melt whenever he flashed him her smile; that he felt like heaven whenever she embraced him profoundly. He remembered how good it felt when he was in love, and he thought this was the repay for that - his sorrowful, lugubrious state in deprivation of Jessica's presence and warmth.

Sometimes he reprimanded himself that what if he just controlled his ing hormones, he would never had with her in the first place; that if he just pulled away from the kiss, if he had just left taking the lipstick with him. His wrong doings backfired at him. His stupid decisions made him culpable - it made him feel so small; it made him drown whenever he regret the things he should have not done. However, his subconscious would always remind him that everything has happened already - everything was already there, irrevocable - he was just really meant to be in love with Jessica. He was just supposed to be tormented and imprisoned by his agonising love for her. He presumed it was fate, a cruel, vicious fate.

Five years have passed and Taeyeon tried to change himself. His pregnant boss who despised him from his skull to the last bone of his toe was actually in favour of him. It was a surprise and he couldn't even digest the words he told him that one gloomy night. Shin Dongwan, the president and the owner of the Pizza Hut branch in all the places in South Korea passed the business to an unrelated and frivolous guy, Kim Taeyeon. Dongwan told him that he was always beating him up because he was preparing him to take over the business; that he was observing every of his works, and finally proved that he was worth all the things and hard works he have done to make the restaurant renown. Taeyeon didn't want to accept it, he spurned the offer right away. He couldn't find any legit reasons for him to take that big present and waste an enormous opportunity. But Mr. Shin insisted, he said he wanted him to inherit the company since he haven't had a family and he also told him that he needed to pay a debt and that payment would be him, owning the pizza parlour. It was a puzzle to Taeyeon, to be honest. Up until now, his intelligence couldn't quite clutch the reason behind that strange and uncanny decision his pregnant boss have made. 

In preparation, Mr. Shin sent him to London and made him study all the business related things for three years. Taeyeon used this to prove himself to Jessica. He drowned himself into every pages of the books and tried to understand all the English words that were out of his knowledge. He studied almost all day and although exhaustion was his biggest enemy, he never once told himself to give up. He persevered to learn, and his inspiration was her - Jessica Jung. He would make her realise that he wasn't just a nobody. He wasn't just a pizza boy she could easily manipulate and turn upside down; that he, Kim Taeyeon, would be a successful businessman and she would never refuse to be with him again; that he has all the money and everything she needed to blend in with her princess life. It was what he wanted, and he achieved it. Through the sleepless nights and through the strenuous days in school, he managed to graduate. He graduated in London and now he was back to Korea. He was going to take over the company and take over Jessica Jung. He would marry her and they will have a family as he always dreamed. Kim Jessica. The thought of it made him smile. Of course, he wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for Shin Dongwan, his strange pregnant boss.

Taeyeon had just landed from London to Seoul.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter