13..

Disguised as a villain

“Dad, do you have any picture of mom?” a 12-year-old Dara asked his busy father.

 

 

“Why?” He just threw another question on her question.

 

 

“We need it for a family tree preoject.” Dara responded.

 

 

“But your mother is dead. Is it necessary?” His father answered while not departing his eyes on his laptop.

 

 

“It’s not but I just want to include her because I’m sure even she passed away, she still love us.” Dara smiled while cutting some colored paper for her project.

 

 

“If she really loves us, she will not leave us.” His father whispered.

 

 

“What?” Dara’s father thought she doesn’t hear him but unfortunately she does. Her father just let out a sigh. Her heartbeat became faster. She doesn’t like this feeling. She knows that there is something she doesn’t know.

 

 

“Are you lying to me dad?” Her face went blank but inside she is nervous for the answer. “Mom is not really dead, isn’t she?”

 

 

“Sandara..”

 

 

“Please. Just answer the question.” Dara looked to her father with her teary eyes. Her dad may be a cold man on the outside but when it comes to her daughter, his heart softens.

 

 

“Yes, you’re right. Your mother is not dead.’’ He lowered his head. Dara doesn’t know how to react.

 

 

“ Dad! Why did you lie to me? All this time, my life is full of lies!” Dara covered her face with her hands. She tried to control the tears but she can’t. Her brain says to remain strong but her heart says that it is okay to cry.

 

 

“You’re mother cheated on me Dara! She cheated on us!”

 

 

Dara is in shock because of two reasons.

 

 

 

 

 

She knew the truth already and her father cried in front of her.

 

 

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

 

 

Dara really hates flashbacks. She really dislikes it especially when it involves her mom. She always thought that people like her mom are the reason why some people cannot be trusted and why some people lose their trust to each other.

 

 

 

So that’s why she doesn’t like Jenny. She hates it when she is the only one who can feel the evilness on her. It’s like she is in a cliché teenage movie. She feels something on her and she will find it soon. Her instincts did not fail her even once.

 

 

“Hey!” Sehun taps her on her shoulder which makes her go back to her senses.

 

 

“How many times did I have to remind you that I hate people who touched me without my permission?” Dara gave him and his hand a glare.

 

 

“Whoa, relax.” Sehun raised his hands up.

 

 

“Please, leave me alone. Just this once.” Dara pinched the bridge of her nose like she is having a headache.

 

 

“What if I don’t want?” Sehun lowered his bag and sit beside her. Dara just let out a long sigh. She knows that this guy will never listen.

 

 

“Except for Luhan, do you have any friends?” Sehun broke the silence with his question.

 

 

“Why do you even care?” She looked at him with uninterested eyes.

 

 

“I don’t care. I’m just asking.” He lied.

 

 

“None.” Dara get her book and pretend on reading just to ignore Sehun.

 

 

“Do you that there are some people who want to be your friend?” Sehun gave her this information while looking at the sky.

 

 

“No one wants to be my friend. I’m not blind.” Dara simply responded.

 

 

“It is just a matter of appreciation.” Sehun looked at her.

 

 

“I don’t care.”

 

 

“Why you are so cold?” He puffed his cheeks. He can’t understand why he is always frustrated on her.

 

 

“No. Why people are so cold?” Dara closed her book and flashbacks start to invade her mind again.

 

 

“I don’t know.” Sehun got struck with this one.

 

 

“See? You also don’t know so why bother?” There is a mixture of anger, frustration and sadness on her voice.

 

 

“Dara..” Sehun looked at her. He cannot determine her expression right now.

 

 

What’s on your mind Dara? He wants to ask this but he can’t.

 

 

Sehun began to realize that he changed.

 

He doesn’t care for others but for Dara, he cared.

He doesn’t want to understand others but he want to understand Dara.

Helping others is not his style but for Dara, he always wants to help.

He don’t care what others’ life is but for Dara, he want to know her life.

 

He really changed.

And it is scaring him.

 

 

 

“Why I am even talking to you?”  Dara put her book and her other things back on her bag then she begins to leave but Sehun suddenly grabbed her arm.

 

 

“I said: Hands off.” She tried to pull her arm off of his grip but she can’t. He does not let her go.

 

 

Dara looked at him. He looked back at her and said:

 

 

 

 

“Please. Let me be your friend.”

 

 

 

It surprised her.