The Life of Kwon Yuri.

Being A Faithful Wife
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

______________________________________________________

 

 

 

"Unnie! I think I might die of starvation!" The little, skinny 10-year-old girl whined. She was sitting on an old, hard wooden table, which is her bed. That table was also used for eating. She rubbed her stomach and pouts.

 

 

 

"Breakfast is almost ready, okay Soyeon-ah?!" The 21 year-old sister replied back. Yuri quickly layed the mini pot of steaming ramen noodles on the wooden table.

 

 

Soyeon was about to take a bite of the ramen until she realized something."Yul unnie, there's no egg?" Soyeon asked her older sister with a frown.

 

 

Yuri looked down. "Soyeon-ah, there's no more eggs left. Once Appa and I get our payment, I will buy some more." Yuri ruffled her sister's hair.

 

 

Soyeon nodded and began to eat. Yuri watched her sister eat that bowl of ramen noodles.

 

 

"Aissh! Otteoke?! There's no more ramen or food or anything. Soyeon is going to starve for the umpteenth time." Yuri thought to herself as she watched Soyeon eat.

 

 

"Unnie, aren't you going to eat?!" Soyeon asked her sister with noodles stuffed in .

 

 

 

"Soyeon-ah, don't chew while talking." Yuri taught Soyeon. "And no, I'll eat at work." Yuri lied.

 

 

Yuri hasn't ate for days. She's trying her hardest to survive with only her father and sister. They live in a very old, abandoned home. Their mother passed away due to cancer. The Kwon's couldn't even afford their own electricity and water bills.

 

 

Her father was already up at 3 in the morning, heading off for work. But his wages were very little. But something about him was loathesome.

 

He was a gambler.

 

 

Yuri works at a small cafe. Her wages are very little also. Only $2 an hour but she worked from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. The area where she worked was quite dangerous.

 

 

Soyeon was done eating. She drank the very last sip of the ramen soup. Soyeon her lips. "Ahhhh...my tummy is satisfied!" Soyeon exclaimed happily while rubbing her belly.

 

 

Yuri glanced outside the window. The city's clock tower was across from that window. It was 5:40.

 

 

"Soyeon-ah, it's time for me to go to work. Remember to stay in the house until Appa gets home. Don't be scared. Okay?!" Yuri told Soyeon.

 

 

Poor little Soyeon stays home alone all by herself while her father and sister goes off to work. Soyeon gets bored quickly.

 

Soyeon nodded. She grabbed the old half broken doll and starts to brush the ruined hair of it. 

 

 

Yuri changes into different clothes and starts walking heading to her work place.

 

 

"Oh how I wished there was a TV so I could watch something. If only I had a chance to go to school, I'd be getting ready right now." Soyeon pouted.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

 

It was around 3 p.m. The owner was in his office.

 

A customer left. There were leftovers on his plate. Yuri went to go clean the table.

 

 

 

"Such a waste of food." Yuri walked over to the table staring at the plate of leftovers.

 

 

Her stomach started to growl so loud. She hasn't ate anything for days..

 

 

She looked around. The owner wasn't around.

 

 

 

"Ahjusshi wouldn't mind if I eat this?!" Yuri asked herself. Yuri was about to grab the piece of fries until the owner called her name.

 

 

"YURI!" The owner yelled.

 

 

 

"Y-yes?!" Yuri turned around.

 

 

"Go to that general store down the street. And get me some cups. I need about 50." The owner handed Yuri some money.

 

"Neh, ahjusshi." Yuri grabbed the money with both of her hands.

 

 

"Be back quickly." He told her before she left.

 

 

 

"Got it!" Yuri replied back as the owner went back into is office.

 

 

To be honest, Yuri hated him. He was such a lazy owner who never takes care of situations well. No wonder his cafe business is bad.

 

 

 

Yuri left the cafe and starts heading to the general store.

 

 

 

As Yuri was walking and getting close to the general store, she spotted something that caught her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A little girl was crying, looking like a homeless girl. One by one each pedestrian that passed her gave her some money.

 

 

 

 

Yuri recognized her. "Soyeon-ah."

 

 

 

Yuri went up to Soyeon. "SOYEON-AH! What are you doing?!" Yuri screamed at Soyeon.

 

Soyeon gasped as she saw Yuri. Soyeon grabbed the money and ran off. Yuri began to chase her.

 

"SOYEON! STOP!!!" Yuri shouted as she chased Soyeon. Soyeon was scared so she k

Please log in to read the full chapter