Ripped to Shreds *

Running Wild

_______ BAEKHYUN'S POINT-OF-VIEW ​_______

"Are you going to help me or not?" I asked her. Her eyes got wide."ARE YOU CRAZY?!WHY WOULD I HELP YOU RUN AWAY?!" She grabbed a pillow on my bed and started hitting me with it."WHY ARE YOU HITTING ME?!?!" I yelled ."YOU WANT TO RUN AWAY.YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A PLAN OR ANYTHING! YOU'RE GONNA DIE. AND I KNOW YOUR BROTHER IS GOING TO GO CRAZY WHEN HE FINDS OUT YOU RAN AWAY SO NOPE. I'M NOT HELPING YOU AT ALL."She screamed at me. "How come you can do it but I can't?" I asked, staring at her intensly. She stood silent. "Whatever I'm just going to go." I grabbed my luggage and headed towards the door. "YOU ARE NOT LEAVING YOU STUPID !" Jia exclaimed on my back while hitting my head.I dropped my luggage and started fighting back. "STOP HITTING ME!" I exclaimed, trying to push her away. "NOT UNTIL YOU AGREE TO STAY." She argued, hitting my arm. "NEVER!" We continued that for another 15 minutes and then the garage door opened.

We froze and looked. "H-hi hyung." I stuttered out."Hi Hyukjin!" Jia smiled and looked at me as if I was being caught by the police for robbing a bank. He stood there looking at us."Um... We were wrestling?" I said and straightened my statement out to make it seem true. "Wrestling?! YEAH RIGHT I WAS TRYI-" Jia started, threatening me with her fist. "SHUT UP!" The two of us started yelling at each other again then Hyukjin came closer and helped her get off of my back. "That hurt." I stuck my tongue out. "It was supposed to." She replied simply. We were starting again. "Can you guys just not talk to each other for the rest of the day?" Hyukjin asked.I didn't say a word and walked to my room. "Fine. I'm not going anywhere then." I announced before reaching my room, but in my head, I knew that I was going somewhere. I wouldn't miss this place. I took a little nap to throw them off and woke up 2 hours after while went downstairs. Hyung and Jia were in the kitchen cooking dinner, talking, joking, and stealing a few bites of food. I smiled.They seem at ease for the first time in the few days. It would be like this a lot more if I was gone. No yelling, no violence, no fighting. I snuck out of my window again, not making a sound. Concentrating hard, I landed softly on the yellow patch of grass. 

I loaded my two suitcases in the trunk of the car and sped out of the driveway. They won't be noticing for another hour or so anyway.

{LISTEN}

I was getting off the highway, getting out of Seoul for the first time in years, when I saw the person I've been looking for my entire life. She was the most gorgeous being I've ever seen and I had seen her before. She was right there, left to my car and a little in front of me. She was with a handsome man, holding hands and laughing. My hands were shaking, I was losing it. This is the time where I would rush to the club or a bar to get back on my feet. I went faster, changing my destination from the beach to the bar, and before I knew it, I had crashed into the couple. I couldn't tell if I had done it on purpose or not, but I had hurt the person I loved. I sped away from the freeway and decided that I could pass as a criminal, just like the girl that was replacing me in my old home.

 

_______ JIEUN'S POINT-OF-VIEW ​_______

 
I remember thinking of how happy I was going to be. Chanho's arm around me while we watched the colored water splash around the Han River. I wasn't thinking of anything else but how happy I was for the first time in a while. We fit well together, that was all that mattered in that moment. 
 
As it was getting late, I saw Chanho lock eyes with his watch, reading the time steadily. "I can't believe it's almost 12," He began in a half hearted tone. "Should we get going?" Truthfully, I didn't want to. Even if the temperature was rapidly decreasing, I loved the smell of his cologne surrounding me and how close we were. I sighed, "Neh, we should start heading back. My parents will start to worry soon." We got up, silently saying our goodbyes to the peaceful atmosphere, and sat in the car for a few minutes to warm it up. "I should've brought a jacket, mianhe." He apologized, turning up the heat to full blast. "Aniya, it was perfect." I smiled, not being able to stop the words from spilling out of my mouth. He smiled too, his handsomely adorable smile that was pieced perfectly with all of his facial features. The engine of the car started and we were off. 
 
My cell phone rang and I knew it was my parents. No one would really call me, besides the children's parents from the school I taught at or my only friend who was most likely busy somewhere. I picked up, "Yeobosaeyo?" Chanho looked at me and I melted, looking down at the floor feeling as insecure as ever. He held my free hand and I felt his warm strong hand take all of the power out of me. I could feel my cheeks turning red from his sweetness. I was going to listen to what my parents had to say, but I didn't get a chance to. And that was when my phone flew out of my hands and I remember flying halfway out the shattered glass of the car window. 
 
 
I opened my eyes after hearing constant beeping. I found my arms strapped to the bed beside me and tubes all over my face. I was scared and oblivious, it was getting harder to breathe. My eyes were growing wider as I realized that I was in the hospital. I had only been in the hospital once from the stomach flu I got when I was around 11. My eyes wandered to the window, which was gleaming with sunlight. Have I been in here that long?
 
As my eyes searched the room, I fell across a man with his head in his hands. To get his attention, I slid my foot to the side all I could, but it was hard because of the wires. He looked up with tears in his eyes. It was the guy I'd known all my life. Appa. "Jieunnie.." He started, rushing over to my side. He sniffed and held my hand carefully, like it was the finest piece of art he'd ever seen. The color was coming back to his face as he smiled, petting my dry tangled hair. My umma came into the room with a styrofoam box of food and dropped it, seeing me moving again. She knelt by my side, happy tears escaping her eyes. I brushed them away and begged, "Umma... Don't cry.." My voice was dry and raspy so my mom tilted some water into my mouth as another two boys came into the room. The doctor and... Chanho.