Tolerance *

Running Wild

_______ CHANHO'S POINT-OF-VIEW _______

After I stepped out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around my waist and walked to my closet. I couldn't believe I as actually going through with this. My parents had enough money! Why should I be dragged into this? They could have just been business partners with this other family. Maybe I was getting old enough to marry. And since my mom and dad want me to carry on with their business, it was appropriate. What was I saying? I don't want to get married. Yet. I scanned my closet to find a suit that would be appropriate for a meeting. I chose one of the black ones with a bow tie. It looks formal but it leaves a good impression. 

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/c7/brooks-brothers-tuxedo-0209-lg.jpg

I hung it somewhere and walked in front of my bathroom mirror. I looked good when my hair was wet. I smirked to the man in the mirror. My wife must be one lucky girl. I laughed to myself as I dried my hair and left it there. Just plain, but it looked good. My hair was always very shiny. I put the suit on and sprayed some of my favorite cologne on my neck. Right as I was just about to exit my bathroom, my mom came in. She looked at me and smiled. "Thank you for going through with this, Chanho-ah." I kept silent. "Why'd you leave your hair like that?! You should at least style it a little." She grabbed some gel and started fixing my hair, combing it through with my brush. In the end my hair turned out to be frontly spiked, leaving the back natural. I liked it. Made me look even better.

We both headed downstairs after fixing my hair. My dad was waiting at the end of the stairs waiting for us. "Ah,son! You look dashingly handsome! Getting your good looks from your dad." I can tell he was excited that I agreed on this plan. I gave him a short nod and grabbed my car keys. I plopped in the driver seat of my new black mercedes and waited for my parents to get in their car. It took a few minutes for them to get out of the house. They probably were jumping around inside of the house being happy that they're gonna get more money. I can already imagine it. They got in their car and drove off. Seconds after, I started my engine and followed them.

*At the restaurant*

The restaurant was about an hour and a half or so from my house. I was about to fall asleep while driving. By the time we arrived, it was 7:30 pm. We walked in the restaurant and the waiter escorted us to the table where the other family was sitting at. The dad spotted our family and quickly stood up and bowed. The mother and their daughter did the same. We bowed back. I took a quick look at the girl, scared that she would be how I expected. I finally gave in and completely llooked at the girl who was my soon-to-be-wife. I felt like I've been gifted by god. She was young and pretty and......wow. Her hair was down with few curls. She wore a simple dress too. Whenever she talked, she talked in a quiet voice. "Annyeonghaseyo. Song Jieun imnida." She introduced herself. I was frozen in my spot as I mentally thanked my parents for picking a young and pretty girl to be my wife. My mom nudged my arm and I was back into reality. " A-Annyeonghaseyo. Song Chanho imnida." I managed to spit out. This is probably the most stupid moment of my life and even in front of a pretty girl. Way to go, Chanho. We all sat down and just gazed at each other. Our parents were the ones conversing while Jieun and I were keeping quiet until my father told me to go sit next to her. She smiled and I smiled back. By just living through this dinner, I knew that my future is gon' be goooooood.

 

_______ JIA'S POINT-OF-VIEW _______

After the boy dragged me in and demanded a phone call, I decided to just call her. The police would never find me here anyway. I took the phone from his fist and dialed her number while walking back to the couch. He followed and the other boy sat across from me on the wood flooring. 

"Yeobsaeyo?" I heard on the other line. I gulped, taking a deep breath and responded. "Hey, it's me. You'll probably see me on the news tonight and I found somewhere else to stay that's.." I looked around the room and nodded. "Less suspicious.. I'll see you soon, ara?" The guy that had dragged me in demanded for me to put the phone on speaker, so I did. Everyone in the room heard as she agreed with an 'mhm' and added, "Don't get into too much trouble, I still want you to visit instead of me visiting you in jail." She laughed with a hint of sarcasm. The guy on the floor's head immediately looked up towards me, then quickly back down at the ground. "...Well, I'll try. Annyeong." I said and hung up, dropping the phone back into the man's hand. He just looked at me and got up towards the kitchen. "Hungry?" He asked as he searched through the cabinets. I was shocked he didn't ask who I was and where I've been that night, but I guess he had bigger concerns on his mind. 

"Nah." I said and took a seat on one of the swirly chairs planted next to an island in the middle of the kitchen. "But.." I said with a mischievous look and shortly changed my mind to the question I was about to ask. He turned his head towards me, "But what?" I just grinned and placed my elbows on the island. "But.. I want to know the name of the guy who saved me from months in prison." I can't just keep calling him 'guy-that-dragged-me-into-his-house', that kinda sounds gross anyways. He turned his attention back to the shelfs of food in the fridge and hesitated before saying, "The guy who saved you..? Oh right! I saved you.." His voice trailed off before he spoke once again. "Hyukjin. And what about you, runaway?" I laughed, a short laugh that said 'Ha ha, very funny.' If only he knew all the crimes I've been involved in and how my family were all insane mindless crazies. I thought about telling him my fake name which was Byungseul, but I just kept it simple. "Jia. Try to forget it, I dare you." I smirked without realizing that I was. No one ever could forget the almighty Jia. I went on slowly, "So~ What's your friend's name over there?" I swirled around in my chair and pointed to the disappeared guy. Wait, what! Where'd he go? I guess Hyukjin noticed too because he cupped his hands around his mouth and yelled, "Baek!!" I looked at him. "His name is Baek?" Hyukjin shook his head. "Hyun." Hyun? cliche name. Hyukjin finished my sentence for me and replied, "Baek-Hyun." Oh, how cute.

He left his chip bag on the table and said, "Be right back" as he trotted up the stairs to find Baekhyun. I stuffed a chip in my mouth and noticed that I really was utterly hungry. I started stuffing my face like a pig without thinking of how empty the chip bag would be. I'm being such a rude guest! I brushed the crumbs off my leg before I heard a voice and froze. 

"Hungry there, aren't you? You didn't have to lie, you know." It was Hyukjin at the top of the railing that was connected to the stairs. Oh god, why am I such a Meng?! I smiled wide with my chips in my mouth. How gross can I get.. "Didn't find him. But I know where we can. We have to go before he starts drunk driving." He stated seriously with a commanding tone like the one he had used when we asked where I would go after I left. He picked up his keys off the counter and gestured for me to come outside. "Alright, alright." I grabbed a few more chips because a few chips couldn't hurt, right? And hurried out the door before closing it behind me. I found him heating up the car and waiting for me to come in. 

This is some strange household.