Search *

Running Wild

_____ JIA'S POINT-OF-VIEW _____

He was gone, just like that! I was frustrated, not because he was gone, but because he was going to regret it later. Hyukjin was lost for a moment. He just stood by the doorway, dumbfounded. I couldn't look at his face, but only because I knew that feeling before, I felt it when my mom left. Just thinking about it made me a little teary eyed, but I refused to let my tears overpower me. How could he be so ignorant?! I decided to leave Hyukjin alone so I crept back down the stairs, pretending I never even went up. Minutes passed and the food began getting cold. I flipped over the meat with my fork, not feeling like eating at all. What to do, what to do.. I stood by the enterance of the stairs to call Hyukjin back down. "H-Hyukjin-ah? Dinner's getting cold!" My voice shook at first, but I made sure it was stable enough for him not to recognize the worry in it. I sighed and sat at the table, staring at my plate expressionless. I couldn't eat. I was no longer hungry. How could you eat when you were staying in the house of a guy whose brother just ran away? I had the urge to think it was my fault. When my dad was drunk and angry, everything was always my fault.

It felt like an hour passed when he came down, his hands in his sweat pockets and his head down. I didn't know how to talk to him, so I began poking at my food and decided to just eat. Everything tasted like cardboard, not because it was nasty, but because all I could think or pay attention to was how much Baekhyun could effect Hyukjin. I always thought they could never get along and they didn't care about each other, but Hyukjin was showing me otherwise. Baekhyun seemed like Hyukjin's only family too.. Wow, now I feel stuck here. Not that I wouldn't love to stay here, but I don't want to be with an upset Hyukjin. I sighed, deciding it would be best to talk it through. 

"Hyukjin-ah.. I know I haven't know you for long, but I can relate." I said, glancing at him. Silence. I tried at it again. ".. Uh, where do you think he went?" I asked. There was a few seconds before Hyukjin pushed his chair out, standing up, scaring the crap out of me. I dropped my fork and looked at him. "H-Hyukjin??" My voice broke on me, but it didn't matter because Hyukjin was already grabbing his coat and swinging the front door open the walk out. I ran behind him, but he got out the door faster and slammed it behind him. By the time I got to the door, the engine was starting and I was hopelessly screaming.

Knowing that both of them weren't so smart, I did the best thing I could. I grabbed the keys off the counter, put on my beanie laying around on the table, locked the door and ran.

______ CHANHO'S POINT-OF-VIEW ______

Leaving her in her hospital bed didn't seem so reassuring. I kept worrying and worrying. I had just gotten the chance to care for her, to be with her, to try to make her happy. And I screwed it up. That was what kept haunting me.

While I was walking out, I saw Jieun's parents. Their eyes were red with worry and pain. Everything I saw and heard made me want to stab myself a million times. They were walking with a boy. He was my age, roughly my size. I saw him when I came in, but the only difference was, now he was fighting with the cops and earlier he was fighting with someone else. I knew who he was. The jerk was the reason I was standing in this exact spot. He had hurt my soon to be bride. 

All I heard was cop's voices, loud and angry. Hell, I would be too. Did he know whose families we belong to? "Are you insane?! How could I forgive you, you jerk! I refuse to let you– Hey punk! Don't try to walk passed me!" One police man belowed. I wonder if they noticed that people in hospitals sleep. "Byun Baekhyun! Who taught you your manners, huh?? How can you disrespect the two richest families in town and then us?!" The other exclaimed, hitting his arm. I walked over and bowed twice for each of the police and stared down the criminal. Suddenly, an ambulance's siren was approaching and the policemen quickly ran out the door to assist. It was just me and him. He looked down and then up again at me. He had a handsome face and looked strong, but his eyes were bloodshot and he looked like a wreck. Still, he had confidence.

"And you are?" The guy asked, a slight smirk on his face. Man, how much I wanted to murder the guy. "Song Chanho." I replied. "And you must be Byun Baekhyun. The guy that nearly killed my fiancee." I stated bluntly. He looked shocked, his eyes looked like they were going to pop out. Why did he look so shocked was he stupid?! He had done the crime! He should know what he did, damn it. "F-Fiancee?" He mimicked and I laughed. "Does it make a difference to you?! You nearly knocked us off the road." I nearly screamed. "Oh.. I really didn--" I didn't know what happened for a second. Baekhyun was on the ground and I stared at my fist. I hadn't fought the urge to punch him well enough. No one heard, no one looked. His eyes were terrified. There was a part of me that wanted to end his life, here and now. I didn't know what to do, I'd never done this before. I walked away, leaving him on the ground with a bloody nose and a bruise starting to form.