Emotionless *

Running Wild

______ CHANHO'S POINT-OF-VIEW ______

I don't know about everyone else, but Jieun's "hurting eyes" seemed like a bit more than that. Her parents didn't seem to be worried as the elevator descended back to the main floor. I knew that feeling because I always felt it and my parents never noticed. Another thing – she wouldn't talk to me. Maybe a few mumbles here and there, but nothing else. Had the Jieun I saw in the hospital room disappeared? She seemed like a zombie as I watched her walk back to her hospital room. Nothing I could do, right? I bowed goodbye to Jieun's parents as they followed a few minutes after Jieun. 

The doctor grabbed my arm harshly, demanding that I needed more rest. "Ugh.." I said to myself after he went into another patient's room. Turning around, I saw Baekhyun. Damn, that kid always just randomly appeared. His eyes were just as red at Jieun's and his face was dark and tired looking. He didn't notice me though, he was busy staring at the lady that just walked in's , I'm pretty sure. He "likes" Jieun. Sure. Whatever, it's not like that poor hopeless kid could ever win her heart again, he was just lucky he got the chance to even look at her. I scoffed to myself before approaching the lady. Even though I was engaged, I still could get my reputation out there.

"Hey." I said, leaning on the counter slightly with a wide grin. The lady shook her head and rolled her eyes. "Yah, kid. I'm too old for you. Go use your lame pick-up lines elsewhere or something." She pushed passed me as I watched and to my surprise, she was heading into Jieun's room. Holy . If that lady tells Jieun— I'm doomed forever. How famous was the Songs?! Well at least my parents even had me otherwise, they would've had no chance being affiliated with the other Song family.

I slowly turned around from hearing sudden spurts of laughter. Baekhyun. That dumb loser was laughing at me. I whipped out my wallet, browsing through the several 1000₩ I had stuffed in there. I heard a "Tch." and the laughing stopped. I was so glad that I was rich.

 

______ JIEUN'S POINT-OF-VIEW ______

The door creaked open right as I was about to fall asleep. Great. The silent dark figure in the dim light of the sunrise walked toward me with confidence. "Hello...?" I called out to the half-empty room. "Aw, I thought you were asleep. I was going to leave these here." The light flickered on and I squealed in delight. My old friend Sunyoung was right in front of me! I hadn't seen her in years! Pulling out a big teddy bear and some roses from the huge bag in her hand, she ran to hug me. We had been really close before she left to America to go job hunting. After fhe long tight hug, we talked about her and how she's been and Chanho and other things to catch each other up. The topic of Baekhyun and Hyukjin appeared and the room got silent. "Jieun-ah.. I should go. I'll visit again tomorrow night, joah? Sorry to wake you." She forced a small smile before heading out the door. I knew she still had feelings for Hyukjin. Only I knew the whole story. 

The next day, I was stuck in my bed practically all day being surrounded by my loving family. I felt like I was suffocated.  Don't get me wrong, I love them and all, but maybe they worry too much. I waited, I was going to try my best to get out of the hospital to go meet Hyukjin and Jia. Hwaiting! Hopefully...

The multiple knocks on the door startled me as I sat up straight in bed. "Come in." I called. The door opened to reveal Chanho with heavy bags under his eyes. "Hi." He greeted with a little smile. "Hey..." I responded, trying to raise up my spirits somehow. "How are you feeling?" He asked, awkwardly standing beside the bed. "Fine. Just a bit numb in the legs." He chuckled. "You should really get up and walk more. All I've seen you do was stay in that bed ever since the day you went to the roof." It got silent. That topic was a little awkward to talk about. After a while, he broke the silence. "Umm... How about we go out to eat tonight? The two of us? I can convince our parents." I could see him rubbing his arm in nervousness. I felt sorry, but I haven't seen Hyukjin in years and Jia in weeks! "Uh.. I actually-" "Have plans already?" He looked a little disappointed. "....Yeah..I'm really sorry. Raincheck?" I tilted my head, sort of wishing I hadn't asked. "Yeah. Sure! Another time would be great." He smiled bitterly. "I should go. Have a nice time out.." He left the room. I felt bad, but.. Not as guilty as I should be feeling.

After Chanho had left and the hours went ticking by, I watched the sun shining through my window. I could see the beautiful sunset. I could just lay down an- "Are you okay now?!" I shot right back up, and in front of me were my parents. Surprise, surprise.. "Yes, dad. I'm fine." I responded quietly, brushing the loose strands of hair behind my ear. "Why are you standing up?!" He automatically responded, not even believing that I was alright. "I was actually hoping tha-" "Lay back down! You're gonna get hurt again!" My mother pushed me towards my hospital bed, but I turned around to stop her. "Mom! I was hoping that since I'm all fine now... If I could go out-" "NO! You will stay here until we say so." She was getting cross, I could see the wrinkles in her forehead. What was the big deal all of a sudden? "I'm not 5 anymore. Please just let me go out." I pleaded, but I kept getting the same answer. The door opened, revealing Chanho yet again. "Aigoo. Chanho-ah. What are you doing here?" My mom asked sweetly. Talk about 360 degree change. "Um.. I was just coming to get Jieun for our outing." "Oh! Is that so? Why didn't you tell us you were going somewhere with him?" She looked at me. "I didn't think it was necessary." "Aigoo, our Jieun-ah. You can tell us anything! Well, we'll leave and let you get ready. Have a good time kids!" And they left. I turned to face Chanho. "Thanks.." "No problem." 

( Jieun's outfit: http://data1.whicdn.com/images/66565853/large.png ) 

"You're not cold?" Chanho asked after I came out. "Not really...umm I should get going." He grimaced and I smiled apologetically. "Could I drop you off?" "A-Aniyo!" Ugh, I said that too quickly. Now he's going to be suspicious. "Okay.. I'll jist go to the store so that you parents believe that we're out. See you." He drove away in his car just as an ambulance and a few police cars rolled into view.