Helplessly Waiting *

Running Wild

_______ HYUKJIN'S POINT-OF-VIEW ________

Talking to Jieun on the phone was a lot more relaxing and "cheerful" than I had thought. I wouldn't have minded if we talked longer honestly. Before I could answer Jieun, I saw a quick movement somewhere around the tall trees that blocked part of Jia's house. I immediately felt something was wrong and had to rush as I the engine, parking closer to the neighbor's house to not look suspicious. For a moment, I forgot I was still on the phone.

Before I could hang up, the other line yelled quickly, "Wait! Meet me at the restaurant on tomorrow at 6, pleaaase. Bring Jia if you can. Bye!" The line was dead. I heard the emphasis in her voice and automatically knew what she meant. The restaurant. The cafe/diner that Jieun and Baekhyun had snuck to to see each other before they got caught. I tried to clear my mind and opened the window a little. "Finally! God d***!" I heard in a gruff, loud voice. That.. Was not Jia. I was beginning to sweat, not knowing what to do. Where was she?! How would I ever get near her without being beat too? I turned off the engine. I had to do.. Something. I could prevent whatever was happening right now. I would not be a useless bystander again like I was in the accident with my parents. 

I didn't want to attract any attention so I quietly closed my car door and locked my car from the inside. I crept out onto the sidewalk, trying not to step on anything or cause any noise. I heard bawling begin. At first, I thought it might be Jia, but the sobbing definitely had to be coming from a man. I jutted my head out slightly. It had to be her dad. I've seen this mood-swingy-stuff before with Baekhyun when he drinks too much, but he only cries because.. Nostalgia. Jia was right in front of him probably and he was just crying instead of fixing things with his daughter? I couldn't hear any sign of Jia and worry and panic raced through me. God, self, do something! I pulled myself together and took a deep breath, trying to take all the courage inside of me and put it into action. Without thinking, I walked straight up on their lawn.

Byun. Hyukjin. Are you out of your mind?

 

________ BAEKHYUN'S POINT-OF-VIEW ________

I saw her come onto the roof. I stayed in place, half of me knowing I should run and half of me needing to hear her voice one last time. I couldn't move, couldn't speak. I watched her observe the sky cluelessly. How could she not realize I was here? Sure the light was dim, but... She made her way over to me without noticing. I was just waiting for her to see me or do something. Her gentle movements and fragile frame made me want to pick her up bridal style and run away, but I knew I had already caused enough trouble for one day.

Finally, she bumped into me and I thought I would laugh or something, but my mouth couldn't seem to move. I couldn't feel my whole body. She spoke first and I muttered stupidly, making silences in between our small conversations. Man, she did not look like she had changed at all. Same slim shape, same big gorgeous eyes, same perfect teeth... I couldn't stand here another moment. I wouldn't ever want to randomly break into tears in front of her. I turned around and slowly made my way on the path back to the elevator before being stopped. My tears instantly flowed out of my eyes and I resisted sniffing and other signs of unhappiness. I had her in my arms one second and her lips on mine the next. Damn, how I would kill to do that over and over and over again. I pulled away, knowing it was wrong and selfish. She had a fiancée and I was getting in the way.. I whispered a few words of congratulations and walked over to the elevator, trying to look up to prevent tears from falling. I could feel my face heating up as the elevator doors closed in on me. The ride down was full of flashbacks, regrets, and chances I never took.

I walked out, wiping my face with my sleeve and sat on the bench near the administration. I was stuck here until Hyukjin bailed me out. Maybe he was so used to me getting in trouble, he would decide I needed my punishment and leave me here for the night. Ugh... I glanced around at the policemen that had mugged me that were now getting replaced with new ones. Great, just great. I was stuck here with wide awake cops, donuts and coffee in hand. I buried my face in my hands, wishing I was home next to the stove, heating up some hot milk and preparing myself for bed. Even though I would do anything to get out of here, I didn't regret the crash. I know it's stupid because we're going to be broke, but I'll work. I'll work as many jobs as Hyukjin. Just that moment was all worth it. But at the same time.. How could I have done that?! I hit myself in the forehead repeatedly with my palms just as the door opened, bringing a gust of cold air with it. I looked up out of habit. Was that.. Who I thought it was..?? The female didn't notice me as she walked towards the registration counter in the middle of the room.

{ what the female looks like(aka Park Sunyoung or Hyomin of T-ARA) }

what the female is wearing;  (© to both owners) }

"Um.. What room for Song Jieun?" She said in a loud whisper. I knew it was her. Everything was so different: the way she dressed, her hair color, her height.. The only things I recognized was her slim face shape and the way she walked. S u n y o u n g. Hyukjin's ex-girlfriend.