Incomplete *

Running Wild

______ BAEKHYUN'S POINT-OF-VIEW _______

What was I doing?! Was I crazy?! I sighed because I obviously knew the answer to that question. I needed to stop and think for a while, so I went to a nice simple restaurant. It was cold and all I could do was think of regret. I ordered a bottle of beer and it was delivered to my table. Ugh, Byun Baekhyun! By drinking, you are not changing your ways. 

In front of my booth was another, but it had two children and two adults, having a nice family meal. I had nothing but my beer and my menu. The smallest kid, about 4, noticed me staring at him and grinned crazily. He stuck his tongue out at me and his parents were about to turn around so I quickly sunk in my seat. "Chanhyo! Jinsu! Sit down!" The little boys giggled and I heard clanking of forks against plates again. I thought of the time I spilled my umma's wine glass on the floor of our nice apartment. I was only 6 at the time and all my 6 year old brain could do was let me cry from feeling guilty. My umma took me in her arms and told me that it was only a minor mistake, one that I'd learn from and never do again. I remember she kissed my forehead and tell me to stay here while she cleaned up the glass. Hyukjin ended up coming into the room, looking for appa, when he accidentally stepped on the glass — giving me more of a reason to cry and feel guilty. When appa heard umma yell, "DON'T COME OVER HERE!" a little too late, he came rushing in, sweeping Hyukjin in his arms and kissing his face playfully. "Appa-yah!" He cried laughing from not wanting to be kissed. While appa distracted Hyukjin with love, umma checked his foot and made sure his injury wasn't serious. She sealed her care with one of those huge band-aids and let appa carry Hyukjin to the bathroom for medicine. Umma swept the glass up and watched my tiny eyes in terror. "Baek.." She would always say with a smile spreading on her lips. I knew she wasn't going to say anything else because what was there to say? She could tell me it wasn't my fault, but it was. One thing I always liked about her was that she encouraged us to tell the truth. She came back on the couch with me and said slowly, "When you're older, you're going to be a successful man! Just like your appa. You're going to love life so much, you'll make your wife very happy, okay?" That made me smile back then because everyone liked appa and I truly did want to be like him. He had made us a family.

But now, I couldn't smile. I wasn't like appa. I was no where near successful. I was living off of getting drunk and Hyukjin's money. A tear traced down my cheek as I quickly wiped it away. How could you be angry at yourself when you're the one to blame? I left a tip for the waiters and rushed out of the restaurant, trying to find a way to forgive myself. I found myself next to the police, spilling out every detail.

 

______ JIEUN'S POINT-OF-VIEW _______

He stood there, crying, begging for forgiveness. It wasn't his fault. I wanted to run to him and hug him but..... all this pain is getting to me. "Mianheyo, mianheyo, mianheyo. I screwed it all up, I'm so angry at myself. Mianheyo." He kept on saying. I couldn't take it anymore. After a long time of fighting with my clogged throat, I managed to say, "It's okay, Chanho....I'll be okay." I gave a slight reassuring smile to help him calm down. "She'll be in here for a good few weeks or so." The doctor suddenly interrupted. "Now I need her parents to come with me to sign papers." My parents left the room following the doctor,leaving only Chanho and I.It was so silent that I could hear his guilt.

"Jieun-ah.. I'm so sorry. It all just happened so fast an-" I cut him off without meaning to. "Chanho-ah..I already said it's okay.We will quickly recover in no time! Then we can go back to normal, neh?" "But the person who did this should be punished!" He demanded in a far away tone. "It's okay~ Let's just let them go. They probably didn't mean to cause us harm." I said softly, not wanting to anger him. "BUT—" He started up again. "Please just let it go?" He sighed. "I'll think about it." I smiled, "Thank you." He sat down in a chair next to my bed and we started talking. He asked me how I felt and what I remembered from last night. Time flew by really fast and when he was telling one of his silly jokes, my eyes were slowly about to shut. He stood up and kissed my forehead. "Sleep well, Jieun-ah~ Feel better." He left me alone to sleep, but I didn't want to let him go. Soon enough, it didn't matter and I was in my deep sleep.

I was woken up by the sound of angered whispering. I looked around to see if anyone was here.No one. Where'd they go? Then I heard the whispering again. "Are you crazy?! You could've killed them! I told you to stay away from her too!" The angry yelling was obviously my appa. What was going on now? "I didn't mean to! I was just-" "Drunk?" "No sir! I was just... angry and jealous." The voice sounded distantly familiar. Whenever I tried to think, my head throbbed. The conversation continued. "Well you have no right to be. We told you to stay away." My appa was getting angrier, his tone was starting to rise. "We didn't meet on purpose! It was a coincidence!" "Explain that to the police." My umma butted in. I heard him mumble quietly and then finally the man spoke in a clearer voice. "Mr. and Mrs. Song! Please help me. I promise to stay away from them and not bother them ever again! I can't let my brother be disappointed in me again. Don't press charges." The man pleaded. I wasn't stupid, they were whisper-yelling, how could I not hear? My appa replied sternly after a few seconds of silence, "Only if....you follow our orders. I know your parents already hate us, but it's your punishment." There was a pause again. "My parents.. Ah, absolutely! I will obey every order you give me no matter what." My parents' voices calmed and they sighed. "Okay then. We won't press charges." "Thank you! Thank you!" Were they talking to the person that crashed into us? The voice is very... familiar.. How could it-- Where have I heard it before? Who is it? I know I heard the voice before! I just don't remember who it is..

I sat up, making the hospital bed creak. My parents both heard me and rushed into the room. "Ah.. Jieun! You're awake..!" I ignored their comment and asked, "Who was that?" My voice was still husky and impossible to maintain. They glanced at each other and my umma said, "The punk that crashed into you.." I frowned, interested in who he was exactly. I could almost swear his voice was familiar. "Can I talk to him?" My parents shook their head at the same time. "Why?" I demanded. They couldn't even let me see the guy who was the reason I was in this hospital?? Jeez, they're never this protective. They looked at each other again and my appa replied, "He's a total creep. He's.. violent and could hurt you again." I couldn't believe what I was hearing! It was all lies! He had just apologized to my parents and was forbidden to see me, but that didn't mean I couldn't see him. 

I was about to tell my parents I knew about their lies until I heard the door open a crack and I saw him. He closed the door before my parents could turn around. I was suddenly desperate to rip off these wires and jump out of bed. I felt my energy come back to me. I had to see him again. I had to make sure he was there.