Holding on *

Running Wild

          _______ CHANHO'S POINT-OF-VIEW ​_______

We were sitting in the car happily when suddenly we were hit by another car. Hard. I had been through little bumps and minor crashes, but never like this one. My vision was just getting blurry but I saw the car drive away before I out. Who knew how much time passed til I woke up? My eyes opened up to me in a white hospital gown, laying on a lumpy uncomfortable hospital bed. As my vision started clearing up, I noticed I had needles inserted in my forehead. "AHHHH!" The nurse, startled ,came running to my side and my parents waiting outside did too. "What happened?!" I pointed to the needles. My parents just shook their heads.The nurse said "The needles are needed so we can help you relax and to take your blood." I was about to cry. I groaned. My head hurt. What happened after the car drove off? Did we get hit by more cars? We.............we...................we— "JIEUN! WHERE IS SHE?!"  I implored, ready to burst into tears. "She's in another room." My father shook his head unhappily. Honestly, I was expecting him to look a little happy after I showed signs of being ALIVE. "I NEED TO SEE HER!!! TAKE THESE NEEDLES OFF OR SOMETHING!" I barked, squirming on my mattress. "Chanho-ah... You have to rest first! She's probably resting right now too. Do you want to wake her up?" My mom said. I'm having a mental breakdown. I'm having a mental breakdown. I'M HAVING A MENTAL BREAKDOWN. I screwed it all up, the date, my parent's fortune, my life, my relationship with Jieun, her health, everything.

After I had talked some sense into my pabo parents, I got out of bed and got dressed. My back was hurting and my arm was really sore, but I would do anything to fix last night. The doctor agreed to let me out after seeing how well I was moving, but he said I had to have a guardian watching me at all times. I sighed, I am 22 years old for crying old loud!!!!! I braced myself and walked through the halls. It smelled like burning rubber and freshly new paint. I finally reached room B-5, the room where my future wife was lying injured because of me. I took a deep breath and walked in.

My throat instantly went dry when I saw her. She was still as beautiful as always, but there was no shy smile on her lips, no sparkling eyes, and no flowly soft hair. Her hair was dry and in a messy bun on her head, her face was pale, and her lips were chapped. Worst of all, there were casts on her legs and her whole body was strapped down. I couldn't speak. What would I say anyway?! Sorry?! That was close to nothing!!! Without thinking, I ran to her side where her parents were and bowed almost a million times. "Mianheyo, mianheyo, mianheyo. I screwed it all up, I'm so angry at myself. Mianheyo." I nearly cried and fell to my knees. My legs were already pretty weak and now everything was worse. I could feel tears forming in my eyes. The air was getting even more humid as I apologized more. Her father patted me on the back, "We understand, Chanho-ah. This crazy mess was caused by the child driving! Not you." Her mother nodded in agreement while her eyes swelled up with tears. Jieun, who looked emotionless, finally looked at me and smiled. "It's okay, Chanho...." She whispered softly, her gentle voice sending my heart in pieces. "I'll be okay." I loved how assertive she was. I forgot about the doctor watching me until he said, "She'll be in here for a good few weeks or so." To me that meant no second date, no getting closer, and no walking around with my hand in hers. If only we had left a little after that crazy kid was speeding on the highway. Even if he had run, I was going to find him and make him regret every move he had every made.

 

_______ JIA'S POINT-OF-VIEW ​_______

I was going to kill that kid.

Baekhyun didn't even know my name I realized! And he was asking me to help him run away? In a second, I was standing there blinking at him. A short minute after, I was on his back strangling him, trying to get some sense into his brain. It was his fault. Who had decided to sneak out and go drinking?! UH, HIM! "Get off, get off, get off!!" He screamed, shaking his arms to get me off. "ANIYA!" I yelled louder than I thought possible and pulled on his ears. "Why are you so heavy and loud, you fatso?!" He demanded as he continued to shake me off. "Comes in handy, doesn't it?" I stuck my tongue out and pulled on his hair. "Yah! Pabo! You cannot leave this house, you hear me??" I shouted into his ear while he finally flung me off of his back onto his bed. "Just.. Hold on a moment..." He muttered, combing his hair with his fingers. When I started to relax a little, Baek grabbed his luggages and raced down the stairs. "YAH, BAEKHYUN-AH!" I called, tripping on the junk sprawed around his room. I sped through the hall, down the stairs, and got Baekhyun by his collar. "Woman! How are you so fast?!" He stared at me with wide eyes and nearly fell over. "It's called the perks of being a track star, doofus." I replied with a smirk. I grabbed his heavy luggage, placing it on his stomach, and sat down on it. "Try running away now." I teased coldy, crossing my arms. We both flinched at the sound of the garage opening and then the door knob turning. Hyukjin walked in dumbfounded and that concludes the story of the idiot who tried to get me to help him run away.

After everything was cleared off and Baekhyun was in his room, Hyukjin and I unpacked the grocery bags from this morning when I had made him breakfast. I honestly was surprised at how I didn't buy any wine or beer or energy drinks or junk foods like that. I watched Hyukjin put everything into place and sat on the counter. "Jia.." He began in a tough voice. "The counter is for food items only please." He looked at me with a smile trying to make his warning as friendly as possible. "But I bought groceries!" I asserted, closing my eyes and resting my leg on top of the other. "Ah.. Fine." He said with a dopey grin and heated up the stove. "So~ What's on the menu?" I asked, glancing at the things he had left beside the sink. "You'll see! You have to help me though, arasseo?" He lifted an eyebrow and pointed toward the uncooked meal with the end of a mixing spoon. I hopped off the counter and saluted, "You got it!" I began unwrapping the meat and sprinkled a bunch of spices on top. I didn't really know how to cook, but I felt like experimenting. Hyukjin glanced over to find me banging on the salt shaker and laughed, taking the shaker from me. "Jia~" He laughed again. "Maybe you should make the rice." I nodded, "Probably. I at this, sorry." I laughed too and scooted over to the huge bag of rice, scooping it up with a small measuring cup. I found Hyukjin next to me, pushing the overspiced meat into the oven. I realized he had scars on his arms and one underneath his chin. He noticed me staring and smiled down at me. I looked away and began paying attention to the rice once again. I never thought about how tall he was or how strong he looked. He looked like he could overpower anyone, especially the cops if they found me here. I smirked to myself and finished cooking up the rice. 

Finally, dinner was set on the table and silverware was spread across every place mat. I sat on the floor with my legs crossed and digged in. I haven't had a proper meal in forever and it tasted great. "Woah there, slow down!" Hyukjin warned playfully, grinning to himself. "It's pork and bean casserole by the way. And your soggy rice." He teased, picking up a few beans with his fork.

"I made this because.. It's Baek's favorite and I shouldn't have yelled at him so much recently.. I've been so stressed. Where is he anyway? He should know it's dinner time." Hyukjin walked over to the enterance of the stairway and yelled up to Baekhyun's room, "Baekhyun-ah! Bean casserole!" He proclaimed, starting to climb up the stairs. I called up to him in assistance to Hyukjin, "BAEKHYUUUUUUUN~" There was no noise. Usually I could hear Baekhyun snoring or something, but I didn't hear a sound. Even after Hyukjin had gone upstairs, there was still no sound. Wanting to make sure nothing had happened, I creeped up the stairs silently and fell across Hyukjin on Baekhyun's bed with his hands pulling on his shaggy hair. Baekhyun wasn't in the room and I had a feeling he wasn't going to be ever again.