Loss for Words *

Running Wild

_______ JIEUN'S POINT-OF-VIEW ______

I heard the elevators part again, I ran quickly forward without paying attention. "Baek--" I almost sputtered out. It was my parents.. And Chanho. Why was I ending up a situation like this?! My dad rushed to my side. "What happened?! Why are your eyes swollen?! Why are you crying?! Does something hurt?!" I sighed. "Dad, I'm fine! I'm just tired that's all, okay?" I walked passed them and headed back inside the elevator, hoping to be alone, but apparently my luck just . The door closed and we were standing there silently. "Are you okay?" Chanho said after the minute long silence. "Mhm." "Why were you crying then?" God, I am not in the mood for questions. "My eyes hurt." I lied. He looked down at his feet and I felt bad. *Ding!* As I walked out, I turned and bowed to him. "I'm just going to go to my room and sleep. Rest well too." I gave him a little smile. He smiled back and embraced me into a hug. "See you tomorrow, Chanho." I walked away without looking back. My thoughts were too clouded and they weren't of Chanho.

I walked to my room a bit too fast for my parents and locked the door. I picked up my cell on the table that was now cracked, but still managed to work. I pressed #1 on speed dial. "Come on.. Pick up your phone lady!" Gosh, my best friend. My dear Meng Jia that I had met in middle school and then became friends with during senior year. The only person who I can tell everything to without her judging or telling everyone.

WHY THE HELL ISN'T SHE PICKING UP HER PHONE?! I just don't know what my life is turning into anymore and I need her advice. Pick up, stupid. Oh my gosh. What if she got ki- The ring silenced and I heard noises. "Jia 'saengieee!" I practically screamed happily. "Uh.." What a deep voice... Boyfriend? Or kidnapper? Police? "Hm? Is this Jia's mister? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ." I giggled weirdly and that was unusual.. I must sound so stupid on the other line.. "May I speak to Jia?" I asked impatiently. "She's not here.. Uh, she'll be back in a few minutes." His voice was distant like he was holding the phone meters from his face. Where was is woman?!. I really need to tell her what happened.. Should I hang up? Buuuuut! I would really love to know my best friend's "mister". Hehe~  "Okay, I'll stay on the phone until then. What's your name?" The there was silence and then the other line sighed. "Byun Hyukjin imnida." Oh. My. God. Otteoke?!?! What am I supposed to say now!? What to say.. "H-Hyukjin-ssi.. Um, how have you been doing?" I said hesitantly. "Come on now, Jieun-ah. I always told you not to be so formal around me." He said and I smiled. "I know.. This is just.." "Awkward? Like alllllll of the other times we've seen each other?" Wow, I didn't know how outgoing and blunt he was. "Maybe." He laughed at me. "I don't laugh at me! After all these years I've been so nice to you.." I grumbled, pouting. This wasn't as awkward as I thought.

"So, you didn't tell me! How are you?" I asked with a cheerful tone. "Uh, fine? Just looking for another job and stuff after the accident and all." He replied. "Really? Aw, you work too hard Hyukjin-ah! But.. When did you start dating Jia? ㅋㅋ" I blurted out. "WHAT?! Jieun-ah, please don't think of us at way. You know who I -" I cut him off and finished his sentence for him. "will always love and will never love anyone else but her. Come on! It's been a few years.. I think it's time to move on. Like it really is." "But sh-" "was your first love and you could never get over her. blah blah blah. I know how it feels, Hyukjin. I've met her and if I was a guy, I wouldn't want to let go either, but it's time." I finished for him again. "How'd you know? I know, but I can't, Jieun." "You're still the same old Hyukjin that says the same excuse over and over again." I grinned to myself. "Shush it. Tell me why I still love you like a sister?" I couldn't answer. The memories floated back in my head. I couldn't think of aything else, but those moments were my happiest. "Ji... I... got.. to, um, go. I'll tell Jia to call you back later." I snapped back to reality. "Huh? Oh, okay. It was nice talking to you again, oppa!" He sounded nervous. "You too. Get better soon, okay?" "Wait! Meet me at the restaurant on Saturday at 6, pleaaase. Bring Jia if you can. Bye!" The phone call ended. I really hoped he heard and I wondered why I was so anxious to see him again. Right there was when I knew that I could never leave that family even if something stopped me.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{'  Hello! It's been a while since we have done an author-to-reader note! Sorry about leaving you guys at so many cliffhangers. >8) We've been working hard lately even with exams, but nevertheless, we love you and hope you keep reading!  I've been plotting in class, ehehe. I really at plotting, oops. I hope our storyline isn't like any other fic you've read because that would . huhu. You're cute and have a nice day! }

P.S. The story's getting longgg, should we stop at 30? Gah! I love writing this story.  - snailpoop2/sla

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

_______ JIA'S POINT-OF-VIEW ______

I automatically ducked, knowing what happened when my dad picked up an empty bottle of beer. And it wasn't throwing it away. The shards of glass nearly hit me as the bottle exploded against the stained walls. I really wish he was asleep and sober before I came in. Or better yet, not home. How stupid was I to not look through the windows. All the other times I had "visited" he had been gone. Well, mostly. "Appa.." I stared at him with disbelief and ran toward the hall that had my bedroom. I ran through the wrappers, puddles of soda or whatever liquid that was, bottles of beer, cans, and blankets laying around. The house was still huge and messy as can be. My door was drawn on with sharpie and there were dents in it like someone had hit it with a hammer. I glanced to my left, where my umma had slept when she was sick of my dad. The door was kicked in and napkins cluttered the floor. I opened the door to find my room dirty as usual, but it wasn't /that/ bad when I had last left. My dad stumbled into the room and pushed me out my room door. "Go! Leave! Just like your f***ing mother, god d***!" He shrieked, kicking at the walls. "Appa! You're out of your mind! Everyone can see why I'm never here. You treat everyone like crap and can't even control yourself!" I screamed, turning around and confronting him. "Yah, you... You are crap! Get out! I hate looking at you! I hate..." He murmured loudly. I picked up the bottles of beer by his favorite arm chair that he sat his in every day of the week. "You see this?! You have problems!!" I yelled, throwing them out the kitchen window. "F***!!! F***!! You little!!!" He kept screaming as I threw out every one. I sighed in content as I finished and ran to my room as he just stared out the window, locking the door behind me. He was rough and mean and drunk, but I had my door fixed a long time ago for those type of people. I began packing, grabbing every bag I had and stuffing it with things around my room; a gun, my ipod, some clothes, my stash of money from my safe, and a few other important things like that. 

The door burst open and my dad laughed as he threw the key to my door at my head. I didn't have enough time to dodge it and it scraped my cheekbone. I stared at him traumatized. "You're not a father. Father's take care of their children, even if they hate you, you're supposed to care. My whole life, all you've done is teach me this." I said, my knees growing weak. His expression cooled a little bit and I was relieved, maybe he had calmed down. He spun around and I assumed he was going back to his room to throw things or pass out on the bed. I opened my window just like I did since I was 5, but with my belongings in my hand and jumped half-way out before he picked up a bottle from the ground and threw it at me.