Filled with Agony *

Running Wild

_____ CHANHO'S POINT-OF-VIEW ______

What had I just done again...? I moved on, resisting a glance back at Baekhyun. I entered Jieun's room, realizing she was gone. "Mr—!" I widened my eyes with shock. "Chanho, a few words." Mr. Song demanded, a little scarily. I ignored it and walked further in the room. "Where's Jieun?" I inquired, trying not to be demanding. "Don't worry, she's fine." Mrs. Song put a hand on my shoulder, but there was no way I could be comforted at this moment. 

"He's.. What?!" I was speechless. I had just punched Jieun's ex-boyfriend in the face. I couldn't tell if I was angrier or more nervous. "Ch-Chanho, calm down." Mrs. Song furrowed her eyebrows with a frown. 

Mr. Song cleared his throat and spoke between gritted teeth. "He was her last boyfriend and I know she still likes him. I have to keep them apart." Mrs. Song agreed, "Please Chanho. Treat her extra special - like royalty - so she'll get over him." It was hard taking this in, but I finally got my question out. "Why did he hit us? Was he staring at Jieun and not paying attention..?" I was about to explode. A stupid scumbag broke my Jieun's heart? Hell— "He got angry. He has feelings towards her as well." Mr. Song answered, sighing afterward. I understood. I was going to find Jieun.

I broke out of the room restlessly, knowing I shouldn't think too much or I'd quickly get headaches. I bumped into the doctor that was supposed to be watching me, but shooed him away after lying that I was going to the bathroom. When I reached the lobby where I had last been, Baekhyun was gone. He can't see my Jieun. Hopefully, she hadn't seen him yet either. I searched the floors, 1-8, before I bumped into Jieun's parents in the elevator with a servant holding several dishes. "Chanho-ah, We were worried you had left without receiving your full treatment." Mr. Song said, hitting the roof button on the elevator panel. "Ah, I was looking for Jieun, sir." I replied. "Oh!" Mrs. Song hit her husband's arm, "Where's Jieun?! You were so busy getting us food that you forgot!" Mr. Song chuckled nervously. "She's probably in her room, Jieun's never done anything bad. Chanho, why don't you come to the roof with us? Fresh air and the cityscape will be pretty." Mrs. Song faked a smile before glancing at her husband and glaring as I nodded. I needed to relax. 

The elevator's doors parted. Jieun was standing in front of us crying with her face in her hands.

 

 

______ HYUKJIN'S POINT-OF-VIEW ______

I was so relieved when she told me that she'd stay. It's been just me and Baekhyun for so long and when she came, I felt like I was living again. I would no longer have to come home to an empty space or take care of Baekhyun by myself. 

"Me living here is a big risk." She stated, like it was her for the 300th time. "I don't want you and Baek to get in trouble. Especially Baekhyun because his criminal record will never get him on his feet." I gritted my teeth right before the phone rang. Jia was closest to the counter so she checked the caller I.D. "Woah, it's 5am right now? Oh, it's Song mobiles." She said outloud, then realized what she had just said. I ran towards the phone, grabbing it and shushing Jia.

"Yeobosaeyo?" I asked, gripping the phone with my shoulder and ear. "Ah.. Mr. Byun?" The other side of the line responded. "Byun Hyukjin." I informed. I forgot that the Song parents thought Baekhyun had parents still. He used it as an excuse for something a long time ago. "Your appa and umma aren't home? Waeyo?" I could tell it was Mrs. Song speaking, she always had slight sarcasm in her voice. "They're out working.." I mumbled reluctantly, I hated to lie. "Well, Hyukjin, it's nice to hear you're doing well." Wow, she assumed if I wasn't doing well, I was dead or crippled. "And, also.. Some guards told me you came earlier today to see Baekhyun. We are going to release him and we have already agreed not to let the fee reach further than 100,000,000 won." She paused and I bit my lip, "Thank you very much." I said in a low voice. "3,000,000. [about 2,850 U.S. dollars] We settled on that. I convinced all the witnesses involved in the case to let him off easy. Bring it when you pick him up. The earliest you can is in half an hour at the juvenile center 2 blocks behind the hospital." She confirmed and I sighed. This was going to be a huge problem, I'm going to have to work thousands of extra hours everyday at the printing machine and then receiption desk or maybe even get another job. But at least they didn't charge 100,000,000. "I can take care of that. Thanks again!" I hung up and collapsed on the couch. "Huh? What's happening?" Jia asked, puzzled. "We're going to pick up Baekhyun in half an hour." I replied. "On the way.. Can we go get my stuff? ..You know.. At my house." She stared off into space. I knew there was something wrong. "Okay, let's go right now." I grabbed my check book and my keys, walking out of the door behind Jia. Entering the car, she started biting her nails in nervousness. 

I pushed the keys into the ignition and hummed to break the silence. She entered her address into her phone GPS and I smoothly got there in 30 minutes with no traffic or accidents on the way (since it was too early to be ALIVE.) I'll be back soon.. I don't think anyone's home so.." She closed the passenger door behind her and walked up the steps. Her house was pretty big honestly. This was a rich-looking neighborhood. I was looking around when Jia's ringtone went off. I forgot to give her phone back to her after I used the GPS app.. I looked at it, not intending to pick up. "SongJji" the caller ID said with a heart emoticon next to it. S-Song Jieun...? I froze when my finger slipped on the answer button, but I was too late to undo it. 

"Jia 'saengieee!" The other line called out. It was her. It had to be. I couldn't hang up, that was disrepectful. "Uh.." I said stupidly. Damn it, why did I say anything I should have pretended Jia -dialed/answered?? "Hm? Is this Jia's mister? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ." Jieun responded, giggling like crazy. "May I speak to Jia?" I was beginning to go crazy in what to say. "She's not here.. Uh, she'll be back in a few minutes." Jieun seemed to be thinking on the other line. "Okay, I'll stay on the phone until then. What's your name?" I sighed, there was no reason to lie. "Byun Hyukjin imnida." I said that and only that. There was silence on the other line.