Long Ways *

Running Wild

_______ CHANHO'S POINT-OF-VIEW _______

Yeah so dinner was a little....... messy.... But I liked it. Jieun was different from all the other girls I dated, of course she was pretty but she was nice and pure. I was imagining how frustrated she was during the whole dinner. It was cute how she reacted to everything. I smiled to myself but then I snapped back into reality. I was standing. In a bathroom. Nope, not awkward at all. My pants are still wet too. I sighed and headed back outside to the table. I sat down next to Jieun again and started eating again. It was on and off between the two of us. Our parents were having a blast though. After dinner ended, we all were standing outside of the restaurant saying our goodbyes. I was about to walk back to my car but then my mom stopped me. "Chanho-ah! What about a little later you and Jieun go somewhere to get to know each other? You guys were a little quiet the whole dinner." She gave me one of those you better agree or I'm going to kill you smiles. "If it's okay with her and her parents then I would love to." I smiled back. "Is it okay with you, Mr. and Mrs.Song?" I glanced over, asking her parents."Of course it is! It's a great opportunity to get closer. Jieunnie, what do you think?" Jieun peeked from behind her car door and smiled. "Hmm? Oh, um, I'd love to go." When she said that, I was practically jumping on the inside. "How about we all go home first and we change into regular clothes then I'll pick you up?" I asked both her and her parent. Mostly because these wet pants feel uncomfortable even if they will dry later. "Okay." She said while smiling. I got her number and address then we all departed.

I got home and ran upstairs to change. I put on a pair of dark jeans I randomly picked up from my clothes scattered all over my walk-in closet and a white v-neck. I grabbed my car keys and ran downstairs. "Chanho." I turned my head and found my parents standing there."Yes?" I said with a blank expression that meant, 'Hurry up and spit it out'. My father looked up and down at me, observing my outfit. "Don't mess this up." I shrugged and said slowly, "Okay.." I walked to the garage and hopped into my car. I headed out and drove to her house. God, I have been on so many dates before why was I so nervous? I shook my head and in no time I was at her house. I hesitated, thinking of what to say and I ran the doorbell. After a few seconds, the door opened. She looked as pretty as ever. "Annyeong~" She said quietly. I bowed back as a reply. What the hell, Chanho?That's so stupid. Why didn't you say hi back? Ugh I'm getting frustrated with myself. She giggled at me and smiled her small smile. "You look pretty." I told her while rubbing the back of my neck. "Ah..Thank you. You look handome." She complimented, looking directly into my eyes. "Thank you." We stood there for a few seconds. "Well, should we get going now?" I asked, standing there awkwardly. "Of course." She locked the door and we both walked to my car. When we both got in, I drove away from her house without even knowing where we were going. "Chanho?" She turned her head towards me. "Yeah?" I breathed, still really nervous. "Where are we going?" She looked innocent, like maybe it was supposed to be a surprise. But in all honesty, I had no clue where we were heading. Oh crap. What do I say? " Umm... How about we go to the Han River?" She nodded. "Sounds nice." The rest of the ride was just the sound of my wheels rolling over the road.

We finally arrived at the Han River. We both sat on a bench watching the rainbow water flow out from the sides of the bridge while classical music played. We both leaned back and watched it glow in the dim sky that was beginning to turn dark. I noticed how cold it was getting and wished I had brought a jacket. "Are you cold?" I asked, rubbing my upper arm. "Kinda.. Well, yeah." She admitted, crossing her arms for warmth. I scooted closer, hoping to not look like an idiot, and wrapped my right arm around her neck. It felt so nice and she warmed me up too. Jieun rested her head on my shoulder and the night was perfect.

 

_______ HYUKJIN'S POINT-OF-VIEW _______

I was dead tired that night. I didn't know what I was doing anymore. Despite how tired I was, I couldn't sleep. I set my hands on my chest and just stared at the ceiling, thinking back on what had happened today.
 
It started out with me at work at 6 AM, giving my boss coffee just how she liked it and picking up her calls. Boring, boring, boring. I fast forwarded my life in my head until I got home from both my jobs at around 9 and found Baek's mess on the floor. Not knowing where he was, I started doing the dishes, scrubbing, wiping, and drying every inch of glass. My eyes darted around the room until I found a paper placed on the counter, face down. I took off my rubber gloves and picked the flier up to read, "PARTIERS START THE CAR. INVITE FRIENDS, PARTY HARD, AND HAVE THE NIGHT OF YOUR LIFE." I imagined my mother's face as if she had picked up and read the invitation instead of me. And then I imagined her face when she found out that I was standing here with a pair of yellow gloves next to me, doing nothing. I hesitated, then picked up the phone and dialed his cell. I screamed at him, feeling the anger of him partying while I worked for the both of us to survive. I sped up to the part where he didn't come home for a good 30 minutes, when I checked the driveway and saw his car parked there. "That sneaky idiot." I remembered cursing to myself. 
 
Then I grimaced, not wanting to repeat the last part of my day and fell asleep forgetting about all of the worries that burdened me. 
 
"Morning." A happy voice rang out to me, who was half asleep and trying to get down the stairs without crawling. Suddenly, I remembered that I had a guest. "Oh! Jia!" I rubbed my eyes, collapsing on the couch. I had work in 45 minutes and I hadn't showered or had breakfast yet. "That's me~" She sang, presenting a cup of orange juice and some waffles in front of me. "As a thanks, I cooked breakfast. I couldn't really sleep last night, so I just stayed up and made breakfast." The smell of waffles and syrup taunted me and I wanted to refuse, but I couldn't help myself. "Thanks Jia.." I said, forking my way through the waffle. "But we ran out of orange juice a few days ago.. How'd this happen?" I pointed to the glass. "Hmm.. Well.. Finding someone's wallet has its benefits." Jia's voice trailed away. My eyes almost popped out of my head. "MY WALLET?!" My smile melted off. "Haha, no no! I didn't exactly find.." She stratched her head and smiled to herself. "A random man on the street was walking slow, so I swiped his wallet." She eyesmiled, "Enjoy!" And walked back to the kitchen to turn off the stove. This woman.
 
As I arrived at work, my boss Kanghyun started pestering me. She paid me more than the rest even though I didn't even get paid much, but I still didn't really like her. My co-workers would always say that it was obvious she liked me, but I was much too busy to notice. She sat next to me and grabbed my arm, "Hyukjin~ah. Work extra today." She pouted a little too cutely and tugged on my arm. I was starting to see what my co-workers saw. I stared at her work phone that was starting to ring and I replied, "I'm too busy." And answered it eagerly. She wrapped her fingers around my tie and scooted closer to me, listening in on what the other line was saying. I stared at her nervously and continued talking on the phone. They wanted a business merge, but I wanted to get away from Kanghyun.
 
At my other job, my boss was a clean sophisticated man who owned a restaurant. I was a pretty bad cook, but that's what I did. It was a fancy exprensive restaurant and people who saw me here would think that I'm an amazing cook, but in reality, I just baked the appetizer bread. I almost burned myself.. Once.. Or twice.. But I kept a good reputation. Sometimes I would make the salads, but I can't exactly be trusted with a knife.
 
Finally, I arrived home, finding a luggage on the couch and Jia pulling Baekhyun away from the door.