We Will Always Have Each Other

We'll Prove That We Never Hurt Anyone Just Because We Love Each Other

A year after….

 

The auditorium was filled with the graduating class of including Donghae.

 

A keynote speaker along with Donghae and the other students began the graduation ceremonies commencements.

His thoughts however, drift to his plans for a marriage proposal to Hyukjae later that night.

Donghae came up with a plan, along with Kyuhyun, that involves Sungmin stalling Hyukjae while Donghae set up a romantic setting

 For his part, Sungmin is to lead Hyukjae to a greenhouse and Donghae will do the rest.

 

(flashback before his graduation)

Kyuhyun looked at a silvery piece of jewelry that Donghae bought for Hyukjae.

It was a Celtic knotted ring from Tiffany Jewelry.

"Its beautiful Hyung. When are you going to give it to HYukjae-hyung?" Kyuhyun asked. Donghae turned to his classmate and friend, "Tomorrow night, after graduation ceremonies. I'll take him to a very romantic place." Donghae bit his lips and the look of uncertainty marred his handsome features, which Kyuhyun noticed. "Hyung, you're not having second thoughts are you?" He looked at his dongsaeng,

"Yes, no? I know this is what I want; that Hyukjae is all that I want but, what if…" He stopped and shook his head. "You're afraid of his rejection, that he will say no? Listen to me Hyung." Donghae’s eyes widen as Misu placed his hands on his shoulders. "You and Hyukjae are fated to be together; that is it; nothing more, nothing less. You have our complete and total support. Neither of you are alone. Do you understand me?" His eyes sparkled with fierce determination.

Donghae nodded. "Thank you for your support."

Kyuhyun removed his hands and stepped back. Looking at his watch he said, "We have to go. Were going to be late."

 He straighten and dusted off his graduation uniforms. With a deep breath and a nod, they left Donghae's room and went to their school.

(end of flashback)

 

Donghae snapped back to the present as the speaker completed his speech. At the end of the ceremony, they were free to do as they pleased until it was time to leave the school.

Donghae didn't meet with Hyukjae right away.

As night fell, blonde-hair guy was anxious and confused as to why Sungmin was holding up.

"Sungmin-hyun he didn't tell me where he was going." Hyukjae looked at Sungmin more closely and although he didn't show it, he knew his hyung wasn't being truthful. Hyukjae smelled a rat.

"Hyung what are you…?" Knock, knock.

"Just in time." Sungmin thought.

He opened the door and greeted his boyfriend inside.

The younger man smiled as Sungmin whispered, "You're late."

"Mianhae, the set up took longer than we thought."

"What are you two whispering about?" Kyuhyun and Sungmin turned to faced a very flustered Hyukjae. It was cute.

"Mianhae Hyukkie-hyung but, hyung asked me to come and get you."

"Really…I was worried.

Sungin-hyung wouldn't tell me were Hae was."

" He had some things to work out but, he is done and he wants to see you right away."

"Neh" Flustered again, Hyukjae looked at reflection in his closet mirror. He wore his casual clothes of a soft pink shirt, white hooddie, and dark blue jean pants. "Okay, I'm ready."

 With a waved and a smile Sungmin said, "Have a good night Hyukjae and enjoy yourself." his cheeks reddened and he hurried out of Sungmin’s room.

 

"Kyuhyun where is Hae?

Why are you and Sungmin-hyung acting so weird?"

"Patience hyung, patience." Noting where they were going, Hyukjae asked, "Kyuhyun, were going to a green house. Why would Hae be in there?"

" Patience…"

"Yah!" Hyukjae growled. Just when he was about to physically assault the young man, he almost swallowed his tongue when a soft glow from the greenhouse came into view.

Speechless, Hyukjae slowly walked toward the building.

The glass building was bath in a soft golden light but that wasn't what had him speechless.

The sight of Donghae was truly breathtaking. Wearing a black long sleeve shirt with a mandarin collar and dark pants.

"Kyu…hyun what's…?" Hyukjae turned to find him gone.

"Hyukkie?" he turned.

"Welcome, Hyukkie." Donghae bowed and held out his hand.

Hyukjae walked toward his boyfriend and clasped his hand firmly.

Their lips meet and to Hyukjae, it was explosive and warm at the same time. "Hae…what's going on? I don't understand?" He led his boyfriend inside the greenhouse and again he gasp at the sight of their love nest.

Vanilla scented candles of all shapes and sizes lined the selves and benched of the space. In a corner, table and two small chairs were set up with rose petals sprinkled on the tabletop.

Also place on the table were to two glasses that looked like apple juice and tray of chocolate cover strawberries. "Hae…what...when…?"

"This is our special celebration and as to when. I had Sungmin-hyung and Kyuhyun to help me keep you busy."

Donghae walked over a picked up both glasses and handed one to his boyfriend.

 "Hae, this is beautiful and you did all of this for me?"

"Yes." Hae said softly.

 

"Are you happy," the handsome man asked softly and nuzzled his boyfriend's neck lovingly.

"Very," Hyukjae replied, his voice equally soft.

"And not just because of all the sweet things you did for me today. Just being with you, knowing that I'm in your heart makes me incandescently happy. Your love changed my life in so many ways. Hae, I'm grateful and I feel so fortunate to have you in my life. I love you so much," he whispered and blushing lightly at his words he gingerly trailed the contours of the other boy's face.

 

"I love you too," Donghae said hoarsely.

"More than I can say. From now on many things are going to change in our lives, but no matter what the future holds in store I want us to always be together," his voice trailed off and he drew in a shaky breath.

"Hae" Hyukjae inquired, frowning a little as he noticed his boyfriend's nervousness.

"You captured my heart and you make me complete," Donghae continued, his voice slightly trembling.

"I can't imagine a life without you anymore and I wish for you to be by my side forever."

With that Donghae stepped away from his lover and knelt down before him, producing a small velvet box he'd been hiding in his pocket.

With a fleeting tremble around his lips he opened it and gently took Hyukjae's hand, the boy staring at him wide-eyed.

"I want to be your family. I want to make your happiness the way you make mine. Lee Hyukjae, will you marry me," he asked huskily, his voice laced with hope.

"Yes," blonde-boy replied replied shakily after a brief moment of silence, his voice barely more than a whisper and tears welling up in his dark brown eyes. "A thousand times 'yes'!" Smiling happily Hae rose to his feet and took the ring from the box.

As he slipped the silver band tenderly on the ring finger of Hyukjae's left hand, his own eyes began to tear up.

"God, I love you," he whispered endearingly and caught his fiancé's lips in a deep, passionate kiss, holding him tight.