A Date With My Appa!

Complete Our Family Portrait

Chapter II: A Date With My Appa!

 

After my I-hate-you-appa-because-you-take-that-witch-side-instead-of-me tantrum that I showed to him, I didn’t hear anymore knocks or even his pleading voice as I stayed here in my room for several hours. Yes, that’s how long I sulked but deep inside, I was kind of waiting for my appa to unlock my door just like what he usually does and make up for our misunderstanding but for this time around, he didn’t. It just disappoints me because probably he got tired of this. I know it’s my fault but for a little girl like me, I should voice out my opinion and know something about my mother, right? He shouldn’t keep it a secret since the beginning.

 

It’s been too long and I’m already discouraged that he will come here any time now so I decided to leave my room and look for him. That’s one thing I don’t like about my appa, he’s just so irresistible! I searched in the living room, in the kitchen, in his room, at the garden but he’s nowhere in sight, even a trace of his scent - there’s none!

 

All of a sudden, I started to panic with the fact that I’m the only one here in this big house and who knows, there’s a possibility that a burglar will intrude or…or what if bad guys kidnap me? No way! I won’t be able to protect myself! Where in the world are you appa?!

 

Then as what I feared, I heard some noise outside. O. M. G. I became stiff for a couple of seconds in the middle of the living room while the doorbell kept on ringing. Call me crazy because I don’t know how I got all my courage to walk towards the front door as I dragged the heavy baseball bat which I saw beside the cabinet. I actually don’t know why we even have this. Neither my appa nor my unni play baseball. And obviously, I can’t.

 

Now that I’m in front of the door, I slowly turned the knob then tried lifting the bat but wasn’t able to. Why did I even choose this heavy object in the first place? Aigoo. Sofi, you’re a pabo!

 

I stopped my movements when I realized there’s someone in front and I gulped hard. I didn’t have any intention to look up to see the person’s face because I’m too scared to death! So I quickly ran upstairs to my room while screaming out loud. I managed to enter my safe place but wasn’t fast enough to close the door since a force outside prevented me.

 

I abruptly crouched down and covered my eyes with my palms. “Aaah! Please don’t hurt me!” I heard footsteps getting near me and I’m trembling with too much fright. I became more scared when I felt being lifted up and I shut my eyes tight. What am I going to do?! Help me God. I still have a mission in life!

 

“You can open your eyes now, baby girl” Baby girl? Baby girl?! Don’t tell me…it’s my appa all along? I slowly peeked with my left eye and the next thing I did was to burst out laughing. I know, I know I sound crazy but who can blame me? With appa, wearing a Pororo costume, who won’t laugh at him? With that big goggles, yellow cap and penguin outfit, he’s too funny yet adorable to begin with, especially when he showed that pink blush on his cheeks and those pouty lips of his. And I want to pinch his puffy cheeks so hard for killing me with his cuteness!

 

I think I have tears in my eyes and for I don’t know how long, I managed to calm down myself and tried to face my appa without the urge to laugh again.

 

“Does baby girl forgive appa now?” Yes! Yes! Yes! I embraced him next and he did the same to me. 

 

“Sorry appa”

 

“Sofi-ah, I have a surprise for you” I looked at him curiously while he started walking and both of us arrived in the living room where I can see a big white fluffy teddy bear sitting on the couch. I wiggled my legs for him to put me down and rushed towards my new and huge stuff toy. “You like it?” Appa asked then I ran towards him and cuddled his leg.

 

“I love it! Thank you appa!” I gazed up and smiled sweetly at him. He kneeled down next and after patting my head, he pinched my cheeks softly. “Appa is so lucky to have a cute daughter like you…Now where’s my kiss?” I giggled then gave him a peck on the lips. 

 

He pinched my nose and lifted me up in his arms while showing his victorious smile. “Shall we have our father-daughter date? Where do you want to go?” He asked and I placed my finger on my chin, pushed my lips forward and tilted my head on the right. 

 

“I want to see uncle Yunho! And appa, you said I’m going to school tomorrow. I want to see what it looks like” Yes. I will be a student. A preschooler to be exact.

 

“Too bad your uncle Yunho is on a business trip. Shall we go see your school instead?” He carried me all the way to his car as I felt so energetic and jumpy because of too much excitement. I’m on a date with my appa!

 

He went in the car and I started laughing once again as he gave me a confused look. “Appa, you’re still Pororo~” He widened his eyes and quickly entered the house. I wonder how he didn’t notice it all the way here. Well who cares, that's my adorkable appa.

 

He came back wearing a more normal clothes than before as it showed off his coolness and manliness. He closed the door and started the engine but I suddenly stopped him. “Omona! Appa! I forgot to take a picture of you wearing that Pororo costume! Change back! Pali!“ He gave me his ‘what the, are you kidding me’ look while I returned it with my ‘please appa, don’t be such a kill joy’ look with matching puppy eyes and batting eye lashes.

 

“Oh no…No way…There’s no way I’m going to wear that again Kim Sofi” Being sulky, here I go again. I crossed my arms and looked opposite of him. “Fine…But later okay?” I heard him and so, hello bright smile! “You~” Appa ruffled my hair and chuckled next.

 

It took us about five minutes to arrive at my school since it’s just a short distance from our house and it’s a good thing because I often got dizzy whenever I’m riding a car. “Here we are” Appa unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the door for me then I stepped out, feeling pumped up even though there’s no one around the place. I guess the effect of Jaeroro is long lasting.

 

I looked at the front of the school and at the same time, a woman came out of the main door and is walking towards us while I hid behind my father’s legs, feeling shy because of another person's presence.

 

“Good morning. I’m Yoojin, teacher-in-charge of this preschool. Is there anything I can help you with?” She asked my appa as I took glances at her and when she caught me, she gave me a smile then I faced my appa’s legs again. I’m not really used in meeting new people.

 

“Sorry to disturb but my daughter really wants to visit her school, is that alright?” Appa moved to the side and I came face to face with the lady. “Sofi-ah, kindly greet your teacher”

 

“Hello Sofi” She waved her hands then smiled warmly at me again and it made me wonder if my mother has that kind of smile too. 

 

“Hello” I stood up and bowed respectfully at her. Fortunately, she’s not like those flirty women who make me sick. Instead, she has that friendly appearance and pleasing personality.

 

Oh I know! “Teacher, are you married?” I blurted out and saw both of them have a surprised look on their faces.

 

“Sofi!” My appa called and quickly covered my mouth. What? My question is not that shocking, is it? Or is it not normal for a little girl like me to be asking that? But what can I do? I suddenly thought of my mission and I need a new omma so badly!

 

I heard my teacher giggled before answering my question and appa, get your milky white hand off my face! “Yes dear and I already have a son, about two years older than you” Ehhh? Why? Oh why? I thought she’s the one! I’m disheartened. Really. Now that I found someone I want for my appa, it’s just so sad that she’s not available anymore.

 

“Can we play there?” I looked at appa who was pointing his finger to the right and my eyes lit up when I saw the school’s playground. He asked permission to my teacher and I gave her my award winning puppy eyes. She chuckled a bit but then agreed and I quickly pulled my appa to the playing area.

 

“Appa look! I’m not touching the ground!” I was happily kicking my feet in the air while he helped me climbed the monkey bars but “Yah appa! I’m going to fall!” I shrieked when he suddenly let go off me, showing that grin on his teasing face when I reached the middle of the bars. Such a very bad appa! But I was relieved that he managed to catch me after I can no longer hold on. Ooh~ You’re so gonna get it appa! I stomped on his foot and he yelped in pain then I skipped all the way to the slide, snickering all to myself.

 

I went up the stairs then down on the slide while raising my hands up. He followed what I did but you know what, karma surely is my friend. I finally got my desired revenge when he suddenly stopped in the middle! He’s stuck! I was really laughing out loud until I got on my knees and clenching my stomach because of the funny scene. Too bad, we’re the only ones at the place at that moment. No one saw when he’s struggling to push himself down back to the ground. And for you information, I’m not a bad daughter. Thank you very much.

 

He was able to get off the slide but he did his payback when he spun the merry-go-round too fast until I got really dizzy and I hugged him tight since I felt my world going to split into two. That made me question who’s really younger and more childish between the two of us? Aigoo.

 

At the end, we both settled on the swings and there, we rest for a while. I stared next at his side profile and got me entice with the view. It made me wonder actually how he can be still single at this point of time, thinking that the witch doesn't exists. I know I have high standards for my new omma and Hyo Joo is nowhere near my list but is it that hard to find someone who will be a perfect pair for my appa?

 

And even though I’m on the search for a new one, I’m still hoping that my real omma will come back because she is all I need to complete my family. But if what appa and unni said is the truth, that she left this world already, I want to know her with the stories that, unfortunately, aren’t been told to me.

 

And thoughts like these about my mother is making me sentimental.

 

“What is it baby girl?” I snapped out of my thoughts and realized that I was staring at him for too long.

 

“Appa, my tummy is hungry” I told a comedic statement and cutely pouted so he won’t have any clue about what I’m feeling at that time. I know that it’s bad for a kid to lie but you know, there are things that are better left unsaid to avoid being hurt and not to impart the pain. Oh yes, I can be deep like a million feet below sea level.

 

He looked amused as I was pulling him to our car. I need to go back to my room fast because I don’t know how long I will be able to hold my tears and I don’t want him to see it. 

 

“C’mon appa! I want to eat! Eat! Eat!” I announced when we’re ready to go back home. Soon enough, we arrived at our house and my appa went to the kitchen and started preparing lunch while I brought my new teddy bear in my room. Luckily, my tears didn’t come out and I’m happy about it. I surely need to have a positive outlook in life together with the people I cherish the most - my loving appa and my caring unni.

 

Oh my…Why am I getting so serious? Cheer up Sofi!

 

I placed a white bond paper and some colors on the floor and started drawing the things we did earlier. I always do this, because I know someday my mother will come back or if I’ll have a new mom, I want her to see all of my sketches and tell her stories about appa, unni and me. And I’m hoping that, that day will come soon. Very soon.

 

And before I even forget, I hurriedly went downstairs, holding a camera and that Pororo outfit on my hands while grinning like a pabo in front of appa. Well he told me earlier he’ll do it, right?

 

“Appa~” I sang and his jaw dropped at the moment he saw me. “It’s Jaeroro time~”

 

***

 

Sofi’s reply

 

Hello~ Yuichi unni is sorry for updating only now. She had been busy with a lot of stuff and school is killing her. She also said she doesn’t know if this chap is funny and cute but she hopes that you enjoyed it. Anyways, soshiyuri unni~ you’re making me blush.hehe.thank you for loving the chapter! MickyLover unni, cute? me or the story? lol jk.. Miss_Red unni, I wonder that too, but yuichi unni said you will find out later~ hehehe! Luna322471 unni, thank you! My cheeks are really red now~ dreaming777 unni, fighting!hehe, well I’m his daughter slash fangirl lol yuichi unni said she misses you so much...cloud4two unni, I updated! Unni is on the happy phase right now hehe and this story will progress if I’ll be able to find my new omma, so help me~ petalcake unni/paopao! sorry for the wait, I love your looong comment from the other site!! You’re in a good mood when you wrote that, right? XD and yuichi unni is pouting because you like me more than her.hahaha! I’m also curious about my omma! Convince appa to tell me about her, okay? *hugs* About your questions, well no.1, I don’t know who’s my mother, no.2, I hope so and he better be! But not the witch of course. And no.3, updated updated updated! XD 

 

Thanks everyone for subscribing and to all who commented!  Keep them coming~ ^-^