I Want To Stop

Complete Our Family Portrait

Chapter VI: I Want To Stop

 

“Appa, when will we visit aunt Seulgi?” We just arrived in front of my school when I brought up the topic and he asked me why for my sudden query while unbuckling my seatbelt.

 

“Because you and unni were talking about her. And did I hear it correctly, a baby?…What about a ba…Wait. Does that mean auntie is pregnant?!” My eyes widen with delight as the feeling of excitement spread all over my body. As for appa, his lips curved into a smile just like what I saw a while ago at home.

 

“You’ll have a new cousin soon, baby girl” He ruffled my hair and I whacked his hand before he totally ruined my fishtail braid.

 

“Yah appa! Don’t mess up with my hair, you’re so gonna get a scold from unni” I threatened him but he only laughed it off. “And also, how can it be so soon when I need to wait for almost nine months to see my new cousin? Duh, that’s way too long” I raised one eyebrow and faced him with my ‘oh-don’t-you-even-deny-it-‘cause-I-know-you-know-I'm-right’ look.

 

“Tch. Clever girl” I gave him my famous smirk as he accepted his defeat then both of us got out of the car and headed towards the main door of the school but he suddenly stopped his tracks when I said something…unusual? Well, not really like that. I just told him that I want to have a baby brother or sister. Is it that shocking?

 

“Yah appa, why did you stop?”

 

Ohhh…yeah, I forgot. I’m in a mission to find my new omma...Silly me~ I will only have a younger sibling if they…you know…what I mean…if…if I’ll be able to meet her soon!

 

“Ha? Ohh…Ahem” He cleared his throat, crouched down to my level and changed the topic. As usual. Typical him. “About earlier, you shouldn’t be eavesdropping Sofi-ah, that’s bad”

 

“I'm not! It’s because appa was talking so loud so it’s not my fault I overheard your conversation with unni” I stuck my tongue out and dragged him inside the classroom. Yeah, he almost stumbled to the ground. Meanie me.

 

And as we entered the room, my classmates flocked around us or more likely, they surrounded my appa. 

 

“Who’s he? And why is he…good-looking?” One of my boy classmates tugged my sleeve and pointed his finger towards my father as my jaw dropped but later on sniggered and looked amusingly at the subject.

 

“Well, as a matter of fact, it runs through the family” I placed my hands on my hips and looked at him with a large amount of confidence. But…

 

“Apparently not” He stared at me for a while from head to toe before saying those two hurtful words then completely turned his back at me. My reaction? Just one word → Ouch. It felt like being slapped on the face hard. My jaw dropped once more while my other classmates kept on drooling at the sight of my appa as the latter was feeling uncomfortable. Are they his fangirls and fanboys? A-ma-zing.

 

But being such an awesome daughter, I left him there. Though I’m offended because of my classmate, don’t forget that I’m still an evil girl. I hopped towards my teacher and asked her about the pretty lady in hope that she’s here so my appa can meet her and it will be the start of their love story!

 

But of course, in every drama, there’s always a certain someone whom we call the antagonist. Someone who always turns my smile into frown. Someone who always gives me so much bad vibes. 

 

“Honey, let’s go” Hyo Joo demanded while my hands involuntarily turned into fists. Why is she here anyways? And what more heartbreaking was, my appa smiled, went beside her and held her on the waist.

 

“Sofi, I’ll be going now” He called and I ignored him. Instead, I turned my back at them and crossed my arms as I kept on holding my tears to fall. “Sof…”

 

“Let her be. My dad wants to see you and we’re late” I heard that Hyo Joo witch and I broke down. I hugged Teacher Yoojin then cried out loud, gaining the attention of all the people inside the room.

 

I want Liyin unni to protect me. I want aunt Seulgi to punch her. And I want my omma to take my appa away from that witch!

 

“Baby girl, what’s wrong?” My appa worriedly asked as I was waiting for him to hold me but that annoying hag stopped him again.

 

“C’mon Jae. Sofi’s teacher will take care of her. And besides, she should get used to this when we got married and have a baby” Say what?! A baby? No…No way! Not in a million years! I seriously lost all my patience and I never intended to have a half sibling especially from her!

 

“I don’t want my appa to marry an evil witch like you!!! NEVER!!!!!” I made a run towards the kitchen and wept at a corner.

 

“Bwoh? Who are you calling witch?!”

 

“Sofi!”

 

***

 

“Sofi? Why are you crying?” I gazed up and realized that the owner of the voice was none other than the pretty lady. “Come here” She pulled me in a hug as she continuously rubbed my back while my tears kept on flowing out of my eyes.

 

“Appa, I hate…I h-hate him, and that witch, I d-don’t want to see her…please don’t let me see her anymore” I struggled saying those words because of weeping so hard. Why can’t he leave her? Why?

 

***

 

It took a long while before I manage to calm myself down but it felt a lot better being with the pretty lady since she never let go of me. “How are you feeling?” She asked after my tears stopped and I voiced out that I was fine. How come she’s so nice while the witch is the opposite? Pretty lady should be the one who’s with my appa and not that other woman.

 

“Wanna help me prepare snacks?” She stood up and held out her hand, showing me that angelic face of hers. I beamed at her and gladly took her right hand.

 

And for quite some time, all the things that happened a while ago were suppressed at the back of my head, all thanks to her. Now, I seriously want her to be my omma!

 

“Sofi, do you want to go to the playground with your classmates?” Teacher Yoojin entered the kitchen while the pretty lady and I were almost done preparing the snacks. I nodded and ran out of the room but before I exited the main door, I went back to thank my savior for comforting me since my appa told me to do that when someone did nice things to me.

 

She gave me the smile I wanted to see. How I wish I’m always with her every day. Starting in the morning until evening when I’m between appa and her on the bed and the three of us will hug each other and give goodnight kisses. How great is that?

 

***

 

“Appa?” Surprisingly, as I walked out from the classroom, I saw my father beside the door, leaning his back on the wall. “What are you still doing here?” I asked but soon turned silent, remembering how I acted earlier. Maybe he’s going to hit me or something because of my misbehavior.

 

He bent his knees and I shut my eyes tight, waiting for my punishment but instead, he hugged me tight. “Appa is sorry, baby girl” And so, here comes my tears.

 

“Sorry for making you cry. I promise I will leave Hyo Joo. I don’t want to see you in pain” He whispered and my heart felt light like a feather. Is this really true? Please let this be true.

 

“Pinky swear?” I looked at him with anticipation and raised my pinky as he reciprocated it, sealing his promise. “Thank you appa”

 

“Anything for my Sofi”

 

“Oh! Appa, let’s go!” I pulled him towards the place I came from to finally meet the pretty lady. This is the moment I’ve been waiting for! “I really want you to meet…”

 

Then a cooking tray was unintentionally dropped on the floor and created a loud noise. My sight landed on the pretty lady who was looking at my appa as both wore the same shocked expression. Wait. Do they…know each other?

 

“J-jae..joong?” She uttered and made a few steps backward. She raised her hands to cover as she started to sob while my appa approached and enveloped her in an embrace. This is really something I’ve never expected to happen.

 

But what surprised me to the fullest was when my appa wiped her tears away and slowly kissed the pretty lady’s lips.

 

But! The view became dark when my teacher covered my eyes since, ahem, the kiss was still ongoing but I quickly pulled her hands away and asked her, pointing my finger at the soon-to-be-couple. “Are they really kissing, teacher?”

 

But the answer I got was her hand, covering my eyes again. “Excuse me, there’s a child here” She spoke, talking to my appa and pretty lady with amusement in her voice.

 

I managed to peek between her fingers and saw the two of them being embarrassed and having blushes on their faces. Oh how cute! “Sorry” They said in unison but then glanced at each other and smiled.

 

“Can she be my omma, appa?” I broke off the short silence, earning all their attention as appa scratched the back of his head, being more shy than ever. But then he held her hand and said yes with conviction.

 

***

 

“Sofi-ah” I slowly opened my eyes only to see my Liyin unni and Teacher Yoojin in front of me. I made a yawn after then stretched my arms. Oh what a nice nap. Wait. Nap? Nap?! EHH?! How about appa and the pretty lady?! I searched my surroundings to find their presence but to my dismay, they can’t be seen. It was only the three of us.

 

Was it just a dream or did it really happen?

 

“Where’s appa and the pretty lady?” I asked my teacher, hoping that it was indeed true, but sadly…

 

“Don’t you remember? She went home when you’re at the playground while your appa also left with a woman earlier” I felt a tug on my heart and the hurt can be perceived through my expression. I thought…I really thought my family will be completed but unfortunately, it was a hope-crushing dream after all.

 

“You mean Hyo Joo?” Unni stared at me and I nodded lethargically. “Why was she here?”

 

“Unni~” I held the hem of her shirt as my tears were threatening to fall. I don’t like this feeling. I often cry and I don’t want to do it anymore. But how can I stop this if my appa and that Hyo Joo are still together? How will I manage to live a day without crying?

 

“Sshhh” Liyin unni hugged me and I cried on her shoulder until I felt dizzy and sleepy.

 

“Liyin, uhm, actually...” My teacher was hesitant at first but gradually explained what happened this morning and I cringed at the thought of appa leaving me with that woman. “I don’t want to intrude in your family issue but I think you should really talk to her father. It will be harder for the child to stay in this situation for too long”

 

“I already did but…but I’ll try to talk to him again. Sorry for making you worry about Sofi. We’ll be going now. Thank you” I felt myself being lifted up and heard my teacher saying goodbye.

 

Unni started walking and as I was about to doze off, she uttered something that took my interest.

 

“If only Boa unni is here…”

 

***

A/N Surprised? Hehe…Sofi’s Back! Did you miss me? Because I miss you unnie. Yes you~ It’s been almost eight months, I’m sorry if I updated only now =’(

 

petalcake: thank you paopao for your comments, I really enjoyed reading it XD let’s dance together! o(≧▽≦o)(o≧▽≦)o (o≧▽≦)o o(≧▽≦o) o(≧▽≦o)(o≧▽≦)o

HyeMean: I miss you too unni!! let us hope ‘til the end ^_____^

kyuhyn1004: sorry~ but here I am now =)

 

 

Thank you all for reading and for the support!! =3