Secret Been Unveiled

Complete Our Family Portrait

Chapter XI: Secret Been Unveiled

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me?” Unni expressed as both of us were astounded upon hearing what the boy had spoken.

 

“I’m sorry, but we need to go” The pretty lady hurriedly lifted the boy up to her arms and carried him back in the classroom but when that boy’s eyes met mine, he was looking at me menacingly. Honestly, what have I done to him? But as I continue to stare at him, I noticed his cheeks having some shade of pink. Fever perhaps? Then that explains his clumsiness. But still, he’s weird getting all mad at me!

 

“Sofi!” I was startled by unni who held me on both of my arms and shook me hard. “This can’t be! How can..how..aaah!”  And I placed my hands on my ears because of her shrill shriek.

 

But really, seriously, will our plan just end right here? Right now? How about my complete family?

 

***

 

My eyes were moving from left to right, following unni as she was pacing for a while now and becoming more restless than before.

 

“You’re making me dizzy, Yin, can you just calm down for a bit?” Aunt Seulgi finally spoke and stood up to push unni to sit on the adjacent chair.

 

“How can I unni? She already has a son and what if she’s now married and both were living happily? And..and..probably that’s why she pretended she doesn’t know me, maybe she wanted to forget about me, about oppa, about…” And before she can continue even further, a pillow smacked right onto her face solely done by my fierce auntie. And even though I feel the same way as unni, I can’t help but to laugh with what happened.

 

“Then tell me, did you see her husband?” Auntie started her interrogation after unni calmed down and the latter shook her head sideways. “Did you ask if she’s married?” Still the same answer from unni. “Did you even ask if that child is hers?”

 

“But he called her omma” Unni retaliated. “It only means one thing!”

 

“So?”

 

"So? What do you mean by that? Aren’t you worried? Boa unni and oppa won’t be able to get back together. She already has someone..” She pinpointed the obvious but auntie wasn’t affected of what might possibly happen. The latter took a quick glance at me then back at unni who shook her head again. What was that about?

 

“Okay, look Liyin. You suddenly barged in here, ruining my nap, and telling me stories that do not make any sense. Saying Boa is back, not remembering all of us and now has a son, how can that make me believe you?” And with that, unni was put into silence.

 

“Don’t get me wrong Yin, I want them to be the same like in the past but that would never happen even if we keep our hopes up because we all know where Boa is right now” Auntie explained solemnly, wanting to get unni’s understanding.

 

“You’re the same as appa, auntie” I told her, when both didn’t talk anymore. “You don’t believe at unni but I do” I went to unni’s side and she held my hand, giving it a squeeze. I know I don’t have enough proof, I don’t even know what the Boa they know looked like. More, I’m not sure if Boa and the pretty lady is really just the same person but as far as I know, unni won’t react like this if she’s not certain about something.

 

Auntie sighed. “Aigoo Sofi, you’re making me the bad person here. Alright then, show me a picture of her then I’ll decide”

 

“Really? Then if you agree, you’ll be a part of our team?” I was excited. It would be easier to execute the plan with more numbers.

 

“Team?”

 

“You see, we’re in a mission…” And the story here continues.

 

***

 

After an abrupt appearance at Aunt Seulgi’s place, we were now walking down the street, on the way home when unni received a call.

 

“Yes, I’m with her…I know, I’m sorry. We just visited Seulgi unni…Okay, I will. Bye” She glared at her phone then stashed it back in her bag.

 

"Who’s that?” I asked, somehow knowledgeable who might the caller be.

 

“Oppa” Of course, the one and only. “Aish, I just forgot to give a call and now he’d gone ballistic!” She screamed with an irritated look on her face…but I can’t blame appa, it’s getting dark already as the sun almost set down. He must be so worried finding no one at home. But on the opposite side, I can’t blame unni either. These past days had been in turmoil and the most affected will be her. I should really need to find the answers before everything turns worse.

 

“Come, let’s buy your halmeoni her all-time favorite dessert” She held out her hand and both our faces brightened. I so missed halmeoni and I can’t wait to see her again. It’s been what, a month or two since we’ve last met. And she definitely knows how to spoil her granddaughter!

 

 ***

 

"Halmeoni!” I ran towards her, hugged her so tight and showered her with kisses.

 

“It’s so nice to see you, Sofia” She patted my head and I beamed at her. She’s the only one who calls me by my full first name. Actually, the others too but they only call me that when they’re truly mad at me.

 

“Eomeoni” Liyin unni called and kissed grandmother on the cheek.

 

“Oh, everyone’s here. Come here, kiddo” Harabeoji entered the living room, crouched down and opened his arms for me. He then lifted me up and spun me around next.

 

“I missed you harabeoji”

 

“So do I. Are you hungry? Shall we eat?” He asked but then led the way to the dining area. He put me down on my usual seat, between his and halmeoni’s while both unni and appa sat across us.

 

I ogled at the different kind of dishes prepared on the table but a certain one caught my whole attention. “Omo, are those..” I exclaimed with glee but fast enough to be ruined by my appa.

 

“You can’t have those, Sofi. You’re allergic to shrimps” His look was stern and dead serious. I bit my bottom lip and showed halmeoni my puppy eyes. This better work.

 

“Oh no you don’t, Kim Sofi. You can eat anything but these” Appa commanded as he got the dish out of my reach. I glanced at halmeoni again but she shook her head in disapproval.

 

“Ehh? But you’re supposed to be on my side” I whined and pouted at her.

 

“I’m sorry, dear. But no more stomach aches for you. You don’t want to be hospitalized again, do you?” Halmeoni apologized and I cringed at the thought of myself, lying on the hospital bed for hours. And with that, I gave up. Goodbye tasty shrimps. “Be a good girl because I have a gift for you”

 

“Yes halmeoni. Sorry” I bowed but still can’t get over the fact that I can’t eat those when unni was on her third piece. Argh~! She’s totally teasing me!

 

“So how are you and Hyo Joo?” Harabeoji spoke next and suddenly there was dead air around us but not until appa cleared his throat before answering.

 

“We’re doing fine” He said nonchalantly but somehow made me think he doesn’t want to talk about her, them…or is it just me because I really don’t like her at all? Well, I choose both. We don’t want a witch in the family, that’s for sure.

 

I took a glimpse at unni and she lowered her head, not eating anymore. Why? What’s got into her now? Is it because of that witch?

 

“That’s good. So when will you ask her for marriage?” Harabeoji asked again and that really made my jaw dropped on the floor. Okay, I was exaggerating but that question was a total shock. I saw appa’s eyes widen and he was still for some brief seconds before gaining back his composure.

 

“Abeoji, don’t you think it’s a bit early for that? We’ve been together not so long ago” Appa reasoned out and I was nodding my head furiously in my mind.

 

“You’re not young anymore, Jaejoong. And your omma and I want to have another grandchild before we turn sixty” And boom! It seemed that my world started crashing down. The chair screeched when unni hastily stood up and went out of the room without saying anything. She must be pissed off. I know because I would but it’s harabeoji we’re talking about.

 

I was about to follow her but instead turned to harabeoji’s direction. “Don’t you want me anymore?” I said in a little voice but enough for him to hear me.

 

“Oh no, no dear. Of course I do. You’re the best granddaughter I’ve ever had” He confessed, frowning at me, probably thinking why did I ask him that. Well, you’re the first one who should know the answer to that! “I’m sorry Sofi, harabeoji doesn’t mean any harm”

 

“I know that” I sighed but later on put a smile on my face. I know I’m forcing myself but I don’t want him to worry about this issue, it might affect his health. “No harm done. I forgive you harabeoji”

 

“If you excuse me” I said before getting down from my chair and search for unni. I then looked back at the three who were in deep discussion.

 

***

 

“Unni?” I peered at the door of her bedroom and saw her sitting near the window, watching the night sky. She turned her head to me and offered a small smile. I sat beside her and witnessed so many stars twinkling above.

 

“I don’t know what to do anymore” Unni started as she shifted, making her back touched the wall beside the window. “I thought it will be easy for oppa and Boa unni to be together, but there’re so many hindrances. Her memory, her son, Hyo Joo and now harabeoji..” She hugged her knees and closed her eyes, in deep thought.

 

“Doesn’t mean you need to give up” I told her and she opened her eyes slowly, tilting her head to face me. “C’mon unni, you’re not like this. You always have a strong will in accomplishing anything. And you’re not alone, I’m always here and we’ll make this through. We want appa to be happy, right? Then, now is not the right time to give up” But after saying all that, a sudden intriguing question filled up my mind. Why haven’t I thought of it before? I need to ask appa about it if ever I got a chance. 

 

“Seriously, I do wonder how old you really are” Unni joked and I was relieved to see her smile.

 

“Because I’m that great, unni” I stated proudly while she scoffed in return and both of us were laughing afterwards.

 

***

 

“Here you go” Our family were at the living room, watching television when halmeoni came in and gave me a large box. Removing the lid on, I was so enticed with the gift. It was a large picture frame with different pictures of me and appa. And what’s more interesting was that, each picture of mine, from birth up to present correspond to the photos of appa, having the same age as mine. He’s just too cute! And we really look alike!

 

“Appa, look!” I showed it to him as he leaned forward to see the photographs. “Thank you halmeoni!” I enveloped her with my power hug which she reciprocated.

 

“Here’s another one” She handed me another gift box containing five to ten dresses in varying colors and designs. Oh wow, maybe I should tell appa that I want to live here with my grandparents because they treat me like a princess and I love the feeling of it.

 

“Eomeoni, there’s no need to buy Sofi more clothes. She has lots in her closet” And so, came his commentary. You’re such a killjoy, appa.

 

“Don’t listen to him, halmeoni” I tugged the hem of her shirt so I can have her full attention. “And appa, it’s because halmeoni loves me so much and you’re just jealous!” I stuck my tongue out at him and giggled when he gave me a playful look then tickled me endlessly.      

 

And for the rest of the night, we’re all smiles, enjoying each other’s company. We all play some puzzle games, hide and seek, guessing games, drawing every one and ranting that we don’t look what the other had drawn of us. Bottom line? It was a great night.

 

“I think, it’s time for us to go” Appa announced as he stood up. Well, in fact, I’m actually sleepy now.

 

“Goodbye halmeoni, harabeoji. See you next time” I kissed them both then stifled a yawn. I then went into Liyin unni’s arms and drifted myself to dreamland.

 

And by the time I woke up, we were already back at home and appa was just about to lie beside me to sleep.

 

“Appa”

 

“Oh, did I wake you up?” He sounded surprised as he settled down, hugging me close to him while I shook my head.

 

“Can I ask you something, appa?” I suddenly felt the urge to ask him about what I thought before that kept on bugging me after my talk with unni.

 

“What is it?” He replied, tucking some strands of hair behind my ear.

 

“Promise me you’ll be honest” I don’t want any vague answers nor do I want him to get angry at me when I ask him this certain question but I need to know, desperately speaking.

 

“I will”

 

“Do you...do you love Boa?” There, I finally asked but he just stared at me for a while. Is he contemplating on what to say to me?

 

But before I can part my lips to say something, he admitted it.

 

"Yes. Goodnight baby girl” With that, he kissed my forehead, closed his eyes and fell asleep. I guessed he doesn’t want to prolong this conversation.

 

But he said yes. That’s all I wanted to hear. That’s the genuine truth.

 

He loves her.

 

With this, I know this mission will be worth it.

 

***

 

A/N: HIIIII~ I’m back!! And I missed you all :) Do you miss me? ^u^ (ahem, it’s yuichi here, not Sofi hahaha)

 

CorinneluvSnsd4ever9: YunBo for the win! *getsmackedbybojoong* lol..about the dream, who knows? haha just kidding :) ..you’re confused right? Sofi will enlighten you, soon~ 

 

dreaming777: how I missed you dongsaeng! It’s alright, good luck with your studies :) the boy can be her son.. well, ask Sofi, she’s the one narrating this story XD

(Sofi: love you Meimei unni!)

 

meeeyi: (Sofi here) I hope so, he must not be pretty lady’s son or else the mission will fail, we don’t want that, right?..and younger brother? Aniyo unni~ he’s shooting daggers at me :( oh right, Teacher Yoojin!

 

77nathaniela: maybe, maybe not? Hehe..sorry, took me long to update but still no bojoong T.T ..at least we know how JJ feels about her, ayii~ ..and about suyin, let’s wait for Sofi to continue this story and know a bit more of Liyin’s love story ^-^

 

Piruchie--: I really intend my readers to be confused hehe (sorry) *readersgivingmeglares* but you’ll know more, soon I guess..nag Sofi, she might spill some secrets *oops*

(Sofi: yah yuichi unni, be quiet!)

 

Anii_Key_BoA: here it is =D ..well, we’re still not sure if the boy is really Boa’s son, let us wait for her to reveal the truth..I wonder how will Sofi react to that haha

(Sofi: Nooooo waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy~)

 

jhen414kpopaddict: it’s fine, in fact, I like your comment..it really showed that you’re affected :) (Sofi: it’s because jhen unni is concerned about me, neh unni?) when I was in highschool, I enjoyed physics but in college, not anymore XD but still, fighting!

 

FolderName: (Sofi here) high five unni! Nooo, I won’t let that happen (or else, this story will end right her XD)..but Liyin unni is so emotional *sigh* ..and yuichi unni said, she doesn’t know hahaha!!!

 

DBSKxSECRET_lover_39: thank you!! I hope this chapter still interests you :)

 

Thank you everyone for the continuous support!!

Happy Holidays!