I Love You and I Hate You, Appa!

Complete Our Family Portrait

Chapter IV: I Love You and I Hate You, Appa!

 

I entered the kitchen with a grin on my face and saw Liyin unni busy preparing our dinner. “Hey unni, I need to tell you something” I stopped beside her, tugging the end of her shirt, calling for her attention.

 

“Not now Sofi” But she refused to hear. What a way to ruin the moment. Tch. She just continued chopping some vegetables and stirring the bowl while I pout there all by myself.

 

“This is very important unni. It’s about appa and the pretty lady I met in school!” I then sat on one of the chairs beside the counter and ready to spill out my scheme but for the second time around, I was stopped, not by her but my appa. Aigoo.

 

“Who’s this pretty lady I heard?” He asked me while looking at the dish unni was cooking and my heart was pounding hard because of his sudden question. There’s no way he should know about my mission!

 

“Huh? Uhm…it’s unni. Yeah, it’s Liyin unni, right unni?” I looked at her with a “help-me-out” smile but she rolled her eyes, chuckling a bit. I turned to face appa and was relieved that he took no concern with my stuttering and luckily his phone rang, making him leave the place.

 

“So? Who is this pretty lady you’re talking about?” Unni suddenly spoke and I smirked, thinking about my greatest idea ever.

 

“We both know that we don’t like that Hyo Joo, right?” I asked and she nodded, giving me the attention that I needed. “So I made a plan to…” But appa entered the kitchen again, asking us what we’re talking about. Yeah, he can be a little bit nosy sometimes. “I’ll tell you later unni” I whispered to her then jumped from the chair and walked towards the living room, pulling my appa with me.

 

We settled on the couch and he the TV but then I saw my favorite cartoon as he was changing the channel and I smirked because of that. “Appa, I want to watch Pororo~” Aah~ the Jaeroro effect is really something. His jaw dropped then he pouted right in front of me. Oh how cute!

 

“Baby girl shouldn’t tease appa like that” He used his baby voice and I melt a second there. I bet if we compete in showing our aegyo, I will lose definitely. 

 

“I’m not teasing you appa. I just want to watch Jaeroro~” And I chuckled when I said that. Sorry appa, I really can’t get enough of you.

 

But it was not a very good idea since “Stop it appa~ I’m sorry…I’m sorry~” I was giggling and squealing as he started tickling me. Good thing, my savior came. Oh how I love you unni!

 

She requested appa to buy some meat and I asked him to bring me along but he refused. And since I really want to go, I hugged appa’s leg, sat on his foot and circled my arms as tightly as I could. I won’t let go until he allow me to tag along and thankfully, he agreed!

 

But the worst part was he kept on calling me Koafi! Such a strange name! And he said that I looked like a koala hugging a branch just a while ago. Hmp!

 

“Koafi, koafi, koafi~” He sang while we’re on our way to the market and I was shooting him my evil glare but luckily he stopped after arriving at the place.

 

“Let’s go” He extended his hand for me to hold on but I looked away from him and started walking towards the entrance. “Yah~ my baby might get lost” He held my hand and I smiled to the fullest.

 

We both went to the meat section and even if we only need to buy one ingredient, it was taking him a decade to choose. He’s so meticulous when it comes to food, no wonder he’s a great cook.

 

And because of that, I was starting to get bored but not until someone caught my attention. She was at the other end from where I was standing and her back was facing me so I was not quite sure if my hint was right. Yes, I’m talking about the pretty lady. I looked at appa and he’s still in the process of thinking what to pick. 

 

Wait. This will be a great chance to let them meet!

 

But when I looked back to the pretty lady, she’s not there anymore so I started searching for her all over the market without asking permission to appa. And after some minutes of running and panting, I finally found her but unfortunately, she just finished paying her groceries and she’s about to leave!

 

“There you are. You made appa worry” I felt myself being lifted up and saw the relief in his eyes. Oops. “I’m not bringing you again here with me” As much I wanted to protest about that, there’s only less time for them to see each other.

 

“Appa, pali~” He put me down and I was pulling his shirt so he can finally purchase the meat and we can go see the pretty lady. I was about to run towards the exit but my appa held my hand.

 

“You’re not going anywhere, young lady” Oh c’mon, it’s not like I did something very wrong or was grounded for the rest of the week. What I’m doing is for his own benefit!

 

Just my luck, she finally left when we went outside and I shouted because of frustration. Some shoppers tilted their heads towards me and appa covered my mouth as he carried me inside the car.

 

“What's that about, Sofi?” He raised a brow on me and I just rolled my eyes on him. How can he be so…argh! “Yah Sofi-ah, are you mad at appa?” He nudged me but I crossed my arms, ignoring him.

 

I heard him sigh and started the engine then after a ten-minute ride, we finally arrived home. I entered the house first and told my complaint to unni about what appa did. My mission failed because of him!

 

“I don’t know what to say to you Sofi” Liyin unni said while laughing and I can’t believe her. “It’s not a serious matter, you’re just being bitter...oh that rhymes” and with that, she continued laughing. What the…not a serious matter? Is she kidding me?

 

Appa came in next to the kitchen and I turned my back at him. I know I’m being sulky but it’s his fault anyways. “Forgive oppa now, Sofi-ah. It’s not like you can resist him for too long” Unni snickered and though she’s right, I just…I just…oh I can’t think of any reason. Tch.

 

“Fine” I gave up and glanced at appa who was smiling so handsomely at me. I hate it when they remind me of my weakness. It’s so unfair! Gaah~ I wanna cry~

 

I stomped my feet towards appa then pulled him to the living room just like what happened before, but not to watch Pororo, but to discuss something very important.

 

I made him seat on the couch as he gave me a confused look. “Appa, be honest okay?” He arched a brow but let me go on about what I’m saying.

 

“If you meet a really pretty lady, will you fall in love with her?” I was serious when I asked that but he burst out laughing at my question. C’mon, is that even funny? “Yah appa!” I placed my hands on my hip and glared at him.

 

“I’m sorry” He calmed himself but still smiling widely at me. “So in what drama did you get that from?”

 

“Appa, I’m not playing games with you. Just tell me the truth, pretty please?” I showed him my puppy eyes and stared at him for so long.

 

“Hmm, let see” He wore that thinking face while pulling me up to sit on his lap. “I don’t think so baby girl, unless she’s also pretty in the inside” I knitted my brows and tilted my head to the side since I didn’t quite understand what he said but he surely knows my expressions. “I mean if she has a good heart then I might fall for her”

 

My lips formed an ‘O’ when I heard his explanation and I was jumping in joy in my head. “So it means you’ll leave Hyo Joo then?” I let my excitement control me that I hadn’t restrained myself and he was somewhat offended at what I lastly asked. He put me down on the couch and about to say something when unni came out and told us that dinner is ready. I made a run, voicing out a ‘Help me’ before I passed her.

 

The three of us were quiet during dinner and at the same time were awkward to even say something. Appa is pissed for sure. I know because he’s all too serious and it’s scary.

 

“Hyo Joo” He suddenly talked and looked at me when he said that name as I gulped hard. “She will be coming over for dinner tomorrow” I lowered my head because I know appa was giving me the look. I didn’t mean to ask him that in a bad way. Okay, half of it is true but…but I just don’t like that woman. Aish!

 

Liyin unni and I grew silent even after appa stood up and head upstairs. I heard her sigh and that’s when I started crying. I hate him! I hate him! I hate him!

 

“Sofi-ah, don’t cry” I felt unni rubbed my back and I hugged her in return. She lifted me up and carried me all the way to my room. She then put me down on my bed as my crying was starting to subside.

 

“Mind telling me your plan again?” She smiled and wiped the tears on my face. “Don’t worry. I’m on your side”

 

This is one of the reasons why I love her. She’s always here for me, taking the role of my mother and I like it very much. “Thank you unni” I kissed her on the cheek and hugged her once more.

 

“Unni, I want you to meet someone tomorrow in school. Promise me you’ll come early” I continued and raised my pinky which she intertwined as we made a deal.

 

“Goodnight Sofi” She tucked me in bed, the one appa usually does to me. Sigh. If only I haven’t uttered that witch’s name then I will be able to see his smile now.

 

“Goodnight unni”

 

Goodnight appa.

 

***

 

A/N Hello friends! How are you? Sorry for updating so late..mian mian and also there’s no reply from Sofi in this chap because it’s my turn! Haha! Disappointed? Just bear with me, alright? She’ll come back probably in the next chapter, but you can leave messages to her and I will surely tell her lol

 

So how’s the recent chapter? Though the ending is not that nice for Sofi~ I hope you enjoyed the rest ^-^

 

TheBochongPig ~ I’ve updated! Sorry for the wait~ T.T

soshiyuri ~ hmm, Is the lady Boa? mollahyo~ XD fighting too!

dreaming777 ~ unni misses meimei keke..and no it’s not boa, it’s me haha! Liyin’s stalker is still a secret..and how wide will Jeje open his eyes? Haha! just kidding! I’m just being silly.. but thanks for the support!!appreciate it so much

Luna322471 ~ Sofi said she’ll surely visit you together with her appa XD ooh~ someone’s excited~ lol good luck with your studies ^-^

HyeMean ~ aww unni~ thank you! Sofi is really popular and loved by all, ne? Sorry for the late update…

 

‘Til next chapter! Thank you to all my 24 subscribers (my favorite number ♥) and to my readers who commented…it’s so nice and it makes me happy reading your comments~