The Start of Best Friend’s Love Story?

Complete Our Family Portrait

Chapter XII: The Start of Best Friend’s Love Story?

 

“You seem to be in a good mood today” Liyin unni noticed as we were passing along the aisle of canned goods, getting a couple of ingredients to fill up the pantry. I smiled in return, remembering last night’s confession. Who wouldn’t be happy at that?

 

“Unni, from today onwards, let’s do our best in our mission, ‘kay?” I said while she raised a brow at me, wondering why I’m saying that out of the blue. Well, simply because I can’t hide the bliss I’m feeling. Now knowing how appa feels for Boa, it gives me a whole lot motivation for him to meet the pretty lady!

 

“Okay?” She answered unsurely but dismissed the thought. “Ah, here it is” She then picked up a bottle of olives and put it in the cart. As she was about to get another one, a bigger hand touched hers slightly and took that same bottle first. “Oh, sorry” Unni apologized as she withdrew her hand to her side and faced the person at her right but that made her squint her eyes. “You..”

 

“Oh..hey” The guy, who’s a bit taller than her, greeted while unni rolled her eyes, grabbed my hand, turned around and we started walking away from him.

 

“Hey wait!” He called but unni didn’t look back, instead she just continued walking as she pulled me along but not until the guy ran up in front of us, blocking our way and she let go of my hand to cross her arms while shooting daggers at the guy.

 

“Look, I’m sorry for what happened that day. I didn’t mean to, I really don’t. It was an accident” He suddenly reasoned out and curiosity built upon me. What did this guy do to piss unni like this?

 

“Accident?!” Unni burst out and her expression just screamed ‘Are you insane?!’ “You called that an accident? I saw you laughing at me!”

 

“Uhm yeah, about that, I’m sorry, but I just can’t help it. You looked…really funny” He said, scratching his head and unable to hide his amusement and by that time, unni’s eyes were burning in rage.

 

“You know what, I thought you were cool but you’re the most obnoxious person ever!” Unni pushed the cart in front of him, not minding if he’ll get hit or not. He skipped to his left but unni stopped just when they’re just few inches away from each other and gave a quick kick to his below that made him wince in pain and fall on the floor. Oof~

 

“Serves you right and don’t you ever talk to me again” Poor guy~ That must really hurt. Should have warned him not to make unni angry or else she will transform into a beast. “Let’s go Sofi” And with that, we started walking again, away from whoever that poor guy is.

 

“Who’s he?” I asked when we’re far enough from him but unni didn’t answer. “Unni~”

 

“There’s no he, Sofi. That stupid guy doesn’t exist. Clear him out of your mind. Got that?” Woah, she really do despise him, huh?  And so I keep my mouth shut to not prolong her fury. That’s the best idea I thought of. I don’t want to be in her way when she’s in beast-mode.

 

After half an hour had passed, we’re now at the counter and still no sign of the poor guy earlier. I don’t know…but there’s this nagging feeling that I’ve seen him somewhere before, I just can’t remember when and where. Oh brain, why are you not functioning this time?

 

“Miss? Your payment?” The cashier asked, impatiently waiting at unni to hand her the money and as I darted my gaze at the latter, she was rummaging through her handbag and was looking worried. Oh no, don’t tell me…

 

“Here” A male voice was heard as he handed his credit card to the cashier while unni and I both turned to our side, suddenly surprised.

 

Nope, wrong guess. It wasn’t the poor guy. It’s actually the dream guy! You know, the one at the pizza store. And to be honest, I was disappointed to see him.

 

***

 

“Thank you. Thank you so much! I’ll pay you as soon as possible” Unni kept on blabbering like her dream guy was some kind of a superhero that saved the day but oh well, at least she’s happy compared earlier but still, something felt wrong. Well, to me, at least.

 

We exited the store and right after the dream guy put the bags down, he held her hand. “Do you have someone to pick you up? If you like, I can give you two a ride” He suggested, staring at unni while I furrowed my brows to their hands. This guy got guts.

 

Unni, on the other hand, was contemplating to answer but she pulled away her hand to his, much to my relief but the dream guy just smiled witnessing unni being nervous. I wonder what’s going on in her mind right now. And in his mind right now.

 

“Uhm..yeah, my brother will come” She said solemnly. So that’s why. Tch. Unni, you’re so obvious. She then scanned her shopping list, distracting herself from that guy’s gaze as I saw her fingers trembling. Why is that?

 

“Omo, I forgot to buy some green peas” She said out loud then her face showed anger. “Aish, that guy” She looked at me then to the dream guy. “I’m sorry but can you..”      

 

“I’ll keep an eye on these bags and Sofi” He presented his boyish smile and I bet any second now, unni will be melting. But ‘that guy’? Who is he?

 

Oh, come to think of it, the peas were at the same aisle as the olives when we met the poor guy. So I guess that guy is the poor guy. Poor him.    

 

“I promise I’ll be quick” She gave a slight bow then went inside the store while I surveyed the dream guy from head to toe, searching what unni liked about him. Well yeah, it’s true that he’s handsome, he’s tall, has a killer smile, and a gentleman perhaps? I don’t know really, but with his attitude, he’s a bit too good for unni, not that unni is lacking in the beauty-and-brain aspect. It’s just that, for me, he seemed to be hiding something - something that’s not good.

 

And as I was pondering, his phone rang and when he saw the screen, he quickly accepted the call. “Hey, I’m glad you called. Can we meet later?…Of course, it’s so easy. She’s…” He stopped when he knew I was staring and listening to him, much to his privacy huh? He then put the phone close to his lips and talked in a low voice as he turned his back at me. I didn’t quite get what he’s saying after that except for the last words he uttered and I gasped when realization hit me! I quickly looked away from the dream guy so he won’t see my reaction. Oh my God! He just said I Love You! And then unni came to mind. Double Oh my God! He’s…he’s a player! Guys like him tend to be one, right? Having the perfect looks, there’s no doubt all girls are swooning over him and at the end of the day, he’ll just gonna break their hearts. And surely, I don’t want that to happen to my unni!  

 

I calmed myself and took a glance at him but he was already looking at me questioningly. “Do you wanna say something?” Okay, here goes, just to be sure if my assumptions are indeed facts.

 

“May I know your name?” I started. The only way to know is to get the answers from him himself, right?

 

“Oh…I’m Donghae” So that’s the name. You’ll be on the top of my list, mister. The list to keep away from my Liyin unni!

 

“How old?” I continued, gritting my teeth when I remembered the scene when he held unni’s hand. He’s a player alright and I just want to punch him right in the face for taking advantage of my unni’s feelings. Who is he to do that?!

 

“Twenty-three” So he’s two years older than her. Although I want someone older for unni, he’s not the one. I want an older guy because I think he will be more responsible and will take good care of unni but this guy in front of me, I know he will hurt her so much. But now, good thing he’s just answering so…

 

“What’s your current status? Single? Married? In a relationship? Divorced? Do you already have children?”

 

“Woah~ Wait a minute, where’s this coming from?” I rolled my eyes at him while he seemed a bit alarmed. Let’s be straightforward then.

 

“Do you like my unni? If not, why are you so kind to her? Are you a player?” I scowled at him but not so long when I heard unni’s voice, I flinched.

 

“Sofia!” She shouted and approached us with a scary look on her face just after I asked. Uh-oh I’m doomed. She called me Sofia!

 

“I’m so sorry Donghae” She bowed then glared at me while I laughed nervously. I guess I’ll lock up myself in my room tonight so I won’t get her rant. Who knows how long she will do it this time. I absolutely don’t want that.

 

“It’s fine and I told you, I would like it if you call me oppa” He winked and unni blushed and got shy all of a sudden. His phone rang again and I snapped my eyes at him. After some minutes, he looked at unni apologetically. “I’m sorry I can’t stay long. I need to be in a meeting in about ten minutes” Meeting? Yeah right.

 

“It’s alright. We’ve wasted a lot of your time, especially this little girl right here” And I sealed my lips, not looking at the two of them. Lalala lala~

 

“No big deal, I enjoyed spending it with you. Well, I got to go. Bye pearl. Bye cutie” Okay, that’s it. He’s officially a player. I bet he knows a lot of pick-up lines! And what? Pearl?! Seriously?

 

“What?” Unni asked as I stared at her in disbelief.

 

“Why is he calling you that? Are you two in a rela…” Oh please God, no.

 

“What? No! He just thinks I’m precious. Isn’t he the sweetest?” And there’re twinkle in her eyes as I made a disgusted look on my face.

 

“Yeah, the sweetest. It makes me wanna puke” I exclaimed. Then we heard laughter after that and turned our faces at our back, revealing the poor guy from earlier and I realized I was grinning. I’m guessing we will get along pretty well while unni here was fuming in anger.

 

She huffed and just glared at the guy before getting her phone and dialed appa’s number. “Yeah, we’re done. Where are you oppa?...What? I can’t carry these bags home, they’re heavy…Fine, I’ll just get a cab. But you owe me one!” She closed her phone and gripped it tightly.

 

“Aigoo Sofi, I wanna punch that witch right now!” She cried out and I was annoyed. Why is that witch with appa today? Moreover, why is appa with that woman?!

 

Okay Sofi, breathe in, breathe out. Don’t let that witch ruin your day. Again.

 

***

 

Seemingly no cab coming our way, unni was losing her patience and she had when the poor guy showed up again.

 

“Need some help?” He stood behind us and eyed those grocery bags.

 

“No. Get lost” And that’s unni’s typical answer to people she doesn’t want to give attention to.

 

“Yup, we need to bring these bags to our house. It’s not that far” So instead of her, I said our problem.

 

“Uh no, we don’t need your help” Unni was quick to retort and that’s when I put my hands on my hips, I’m losing patience too.

 

“C’mon unni, I wanna go home now” But she was stubborn as ever. Ugh! “Then fine. Give me the keys. I’ll just ask him to bring me home while you stand here for hours with these bags”

 

“I’m okay with that. Let’s go? Bye pearl~” The poor guy casually said and we started laughing as he mocked the dream guy while unni’s expression was epic!

 

“Aish, fine” Finally! She picked up the bags one by one and shoved it to the guy. She held my hand and walked first while the poor guy was having a hard time carrying those bags.

 

***

 

“You can go now” Unni ordered as the poor guy placed the last bag at the kitchen counter and wiped his sweat away.

 

“That’s it? Not even a thank you? After you let me carry these heavy bags” He put his hands on his front pockets and roamed his eyes around the place, waiting for unni to say something.

 

“I never asked you” Unni replied in a cold manner and the poor guy put his head down. Well, the way she said that was quite harsh. She opened but closed it a second after as she saw the poor guy. She then sighed and rolled her eyes. “Tch. Thanks. Happy now?”

 

The guy then looked up and showed his smile. “Sure is” And I saw unni turned her head to the side to break their eye contact, earning a light blush on her cheeks. Ooh~ there’s something!

 

“Can you go now?” She asked again, almost in a pleading way as she looked at the wall clock. Why is she in a hurry? I want to have some chat with him but then, eyeing the clock, I understood why. She doesn’t want appa to see the guy in here or else, he’ll keep throwing questions at her about the identity of this poor guy. And it will be a long night.

 

“Alright, alright, you really don’t like me, huh?” The poor guy raised his hands in defeat.

 

“Not even a bit” Unni answered, crossing her arms, annoyed that he’s still not moving his feet towards the main door.

 

“But I am fond of you” The poor guy said and beamed at her while unni’s starting to be in the beast-mode again.

 

“Get out!” She yelled and pointed at the door. The poor guy and I both raised our brows with her response but laughed when we saw unni’s face as red as a tomato. She then started pushing the guy’s back towards the front door.

 

“Thank you..uh?” I whispered when we’re at the door and I came to realize I haven’t even known his name. Stupid me.

 

“The name’s Junsu. Sofi, right?” He extended his hand and I shook it with my smaller one.

 

“See you next time Sofi” He said then made an eye contact with unni. “Bye Miss Temperamental” And before I can utter a single word, unni slammed the door at his face and I can’t help but to giggle.

 

“He likes you unni, now that is sweet” I told her and she made a sickened look on her face before saying...

 

“And it makes me wanna puke!”

 

Haha! Us girls.

 

***

 

A/N: *hidesinacorner*Hi? To my beloved readers, I know it’s now three months since I last updated and for that, I sincerely apologized. Sorry it took me so long. There’re a lot of distractions and I was lacking in motivation; however, I managed to complete this chapter :)

 

I know this chap is not about Bojoong but Liyin is an important character here so I guess it would be fair if we knew about her life/love story too. Hehe~

 

(This is off topic but who here had read Beautiful Disaster, Slammed, and Point of Retreat? ^u^ I can’t wait for Walking Disaster! ^u^)

 

77nathaniela: here it is!! I do like Suyin also =D Keep supporting Sofi! :) and SuYin!! XD

 

dreaming777: Sofi said there’s no way the boy has a crush on her. Haha! And sorry, I can’t reveal what happened for now =( mian meimei

 

CorinneluvSnsd4ever9: Yay! JJ love Boa, we’ll stick with that :) sorry for the late update, it’s also three months after, really sorry~

 

FolderName: I’m back again after a long time hehe..truelaloo~ Sofi needs more members lol

 

DBSKxSECRET_lover_39: Glad you like my Christmas present :) Thank you!

 

meeeyi: Can’t wait for that either (someone give me a lot of inspiration and put away all of my stress so I can start writing the next chapter! Hahaha!)

 

Anii_Key_BoA: Great page! :)

 

jhen414kpopaddict: And I’ll give your comment an A+!!! XD your comment surely made my day (the day you posted your comment) and I suddenly got motivation in continuing writing this chap. :) Jaejoong is coming? Cool! Then the idea about the poster, XDD ..and thanks for your understanding, I’m really having a hard time to complete a chapter =(    

 

DearIC: Hey you~ XD at least now, Liyin wasn’t crying :) about JJ’s parents, it’s not that they’re pushing their son to Hyo Joo, they just want another grandchild. XD Anyways, I miss you!!

 

For BoJoong/JaeBo lovers, here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/For-Bojoong-Fans/329596480488097?ref=hl

 

My readers, please be patient with me. I really appreciate your support so much. I really do! Thank you! ^u^